Turn Off Ads?
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536

Thread: Sell?

Re: Sell?

Every time this thread gets bumped I have the same reaction - no.

Now it's clear the Reds had the same reaction. Good for them.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    No.

Both are affordable next season. They'll need good starters in 22. Or they could be traded in the offseason.

Expecting Greene or Lodolo to be ready within the next year would be a mistake.
    Dare to have a logjam.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

Mitri (07-29-2021),Revering4Blue (07-29-2021)

No interest in perpetually selling. I know odds are long, but it’s a culture change I’m looking at and gaining respect in the organization long term from players in and out of organization. It’s a matter of reputation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

6. Likes:

HokieRed (07-29-2021),M2 (07-29-2021),REDREAD (07-29-2021),RedsfaninMT (07-29-2021),RiverRat13 (07-29-2021),Tom Servo (07-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    No interest in perpetually selling. I know odds are long, but it’s a culture change I’m looking at and gaining respect in the organization long term from players in and out of organization. It’s a matter of reputation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This x1000. Show the players and fans you'll make an effort when the opportunity presents itself.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Sounds like the Marlins have an interest in Senzel.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Sounds like the Marlins have an interest in Senzel.
    What are we eyeballing here? Alcantara? Rojas?

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Alcantara would be my target.

Senzel and Vlad for Alcantara, who says no?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Plugged Senzel and the Marlins into BTV, and it gave me Jesus Sanchez and Zach Thompson for Senzel and Triana.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

12. Likes:

Griffey012 (07-29-2021)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Plugged Senzel and the Marlins into BTV, and it gave me Jesus Sanchez and Zach Thompson for Senzel and Triana.
    Hmmmm, interesting. TY btw.

Would you sell Miley or Gray before Friday's deadline?
    Only for long term building block(s). A top end CF or RF prospect and a fairly well regarded pitching prospect. I'd probably want a lotto ticket to top it off. If Atlanta start talking Christian Pache, or the Mariners offered Kelenic or Rodriguez I'd have to think about it. Otherwise, heading into the winter with Castillo, Gray, Mahle and Miley in place is fine by me. That rotation is the reason the Reds can think about contending again in 2022 even if (when) Castellanos walks away.
    Last edited by mth123; 07-29-2021 at 09:24 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Senzel + a prospect for Rojas and Anthony Bender would be an interesting move.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Turn Off Ads?