Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds look to recapture early magic in Pittsburgh

Reds look to recapture early magic in Pittsburgh

The Cincinnati Reds took two of three games when the Pittsburgh Pirates visited for a season-opening series. Boy, have things changed since then.

The Pirates, who host the Reds for four games starting Thursday, have won 11 of 16 since that opening set, including sweeps at Boston and Colorado. Cincinnati, meanwhile, has lost 10 of 15 and hasn't won a series since.

The Pirates just completed that second sweep, winning all three against the Rockies in Denver, including a 14-3 win Wednesday. They outscored Colorado by a whopping 33-9. They have won four of their past five overall.

In fact, Pittsburgh has not lost two straight games since dropping the final two games of that opening series against Cincinnati.

Pirates starters have gone at least six innings and turned in a quality start in nine games in a row.

Continue Reading Here:
    https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/r...in-pittsburgh/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds look to recapture early magic in Pittsburgh

"Magic."
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

4. Likes:

Bob Sheed (04-20-2023),cumberlandreds (04-20-2023),Fil3232 (04-20-2023),Kingspoint (04-20-2023),LeatherPants (04-20-2023),Tom Servo (04-20-2023),Wonderful Monds (04-21-2023)

Hoping to change my username to 75769024

So the Reds are trying to recapture some of the early magic of being able to win a series against another MLB team?

I guess you can't be disappointed if your expectations are low enough.

Here's to hoping the Reds go out there and make some plays! Here's to hoping they pitch that ball and swing that bat!
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (04-20-2023)

Reds are unwatchable and completely buried by April 20th this season. I think that’s longer than last season.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Reds are unwatchable and completely buried by April 20th this season. I think that’s longer than last season.
    I'm watching them

Hence they are "Watchable" by definition

10. Likes:

Ron Madden (04-20-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I'm watching them

Hence they are "Watchable" by definition
    Ishtar is watchable, if that thrills you.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Ishtar is watchable, if that thrills you.
    It doesn't really thrill me at all.

What thrills me is having Reds fans on a Reds board deride people for watching Reds baseball.

That's sweet stuff baby

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (04-20-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    It doesn't really thrill me at all.

What thrills me is having Reds fans on a Reds board deride people for watching Reds baseball.

That's sweet stuff baby
    I derided no one. You want to stick your tongue in that blender, I promise I won’t stop you.

Magic not captured

Imagine what this team will be like when one or two of the starters spend some time on the IL.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Magic not captured
    We had the tying run on 3rd w/ 1 out in the 8th, but couldn't find the magic words that would turn Fraley or Stephenson into clutch performers. Steer, India and Friedl were, but we already knew that.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Your favorite team, the cardinals, have been just as bad and unwatchable as the Reds.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Maybe Votto has the mojo. When does he return?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    We had the tying run on 3rd w/ 1 out in the 8th, but couldn't find the magic words that would turn Fraley or Stephenson into clutch performers. Steer, India and Friedl were, but we already knew that.
    The Reds starter put up a 6 ERA today, they were sunk from the very get go. It's a quite common occurrence this season....thus far.

21. Likes:

RedsFanInMS (04-21-2023),Revering4Blue (04-20-2023)

Turn Off Ads?