Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Jose Barrero (Garcia)

Re: Jose Barrero (Garcia)

Give Moreta a shot in the bullpen. What’s been a weakness all year, can become a strength, with health and rest.
    May the Lord bless

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by wlf WV View Post
    Give Moreta a shot in the bullpen. What’s been a weakness all year, can become a strength, with health and rest.
    Moreta is averaging 7.23 strikeouts per nine against AAA hitters. How is that going to play against the big boys?

That’s likely why he hasn’t been called up. Reds don’t need more pitch to contact in the bullpen.

If it were April or May and they needed an arm, sure, give it a shot. But it’s a playoff race with 20 games left.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-11-2021 at 10:00 AM.

Good article about Jose and last night's game
    "Everyone around here has just been so impressed by Jose Barrero," Reds manager David Bell. "We know he's a good player, very talented and has a bright future. But for a young man, young player, only a little time in the major leagues, the way he just interacts with people, the way he stays ready, he's very humble. He doesn't take anything for granted.

"And he knew his time was going to come."
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...BingNewsSearch

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-11-2021)

Hey Kyle....take your time getting back. LOL

The unexpected production from all these rookies is a big reason the Reds are relevant at this point.

If I had to guess, I bet Reds ownership had them penciled in as a 75 win team on opening day.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    David Bell said Jose Barrero will continue to do some pregame work in the outfield, but he plans to try to find him more starts in the infield.

Can he play third?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Hey Kyle....take your time getting back. LOL
    Got back just in time.

Needed the days off, yes, but incurably underrated around here.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-18-2021 at 12:33 AM.

11. Likes:

Big Klu (09-17-2021),westofyou (09-17-2021)

If Winker is out again. We may see Barrero in CF tomorrow.

13. Likes:

westofyou (09-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Got back just in time.

Needed the days off, yes, but incurable underrated around here.
    Most of my life a SS in MLB has a OPS + around 90 and fields flawlessly and is praised by his teammates

That's what going on today and yet...

15. Likes:

Big Klu (09-17-2021),Ron Madden (09-21-2021)

Jose Barrero (Garcia)

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    If Winker is out again. We may see Barrero in CF tomorrow.
    That's a possibility and don't think if he succeeds they won't think of Farmer at SS and him out there in 22

17. Likes:

GAC (09-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    That's a possibility and don't think if he succeeds they won't think of Farmer at SS and him out there in 22
    How does Farmer grade out at SS? To my eyes he's been fine there defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Do you think there's the possibility of Barrero playing in the Arizona Fall League (and CF)?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Do you think there's the possibility of Barrero playing in the Arizona Fall League (and CF)?
    I wondered this as well. Will there be an Arizona Fall League? I'm thinking he is too advanced. That league is mostly for A+ and AA players. I'd have Matt McLain playing there as a CF.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I wondered this as well. Will there be an Arizona Fall League? I'm thinking he is too advanced. That league is mostly for A+ and AA players. I'd have Matt McLain playing there as a CF.
    True. But the purpose would be to learn a new position, at least get well acquainted, in the off-season. I like Farmer. He's put up a 700+ OPS, and played an admirable SS IMO. But at age 31 he's not the long-term answer at SS. So I guess I can turn the question around on myself and ask "Why then have Barrero learn a new position if he's going to end up at SS at some point in the immediate future?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?