Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051

Thread: Buy?

Re: Buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Story in CF, Barrero at SS
    Something just makes me think it's the Phillies.

2. Turn Off Ads?

As the guy who was praying for the Reds to draft McClain to put in CF, I love Story in CF and Barrero at SS.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...l-montero.html

Montero DFA’d by the M’s. Horrible ERA this year but underlying numbers are solid. Might as well try
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

5. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-24-2021)

My buddy who follows this very close just texted me that he saw a rumor that Reds were interested in Taylor Rogers no other details. Anyone else see anything about this?

A Lost Ball In High Weeds shredda2000's Avatar

Story to center field may be with the Yankees...
    https://yanksgoyard.com/2021/07/23/y...-center-field/
    "I don't want to embarrass any other catcher by comparing him to Johnny Bench."
    Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by shredda2000 View Post
    Story to center field may be with the Yankees...
    https://yanksgoyard.com/2021/07/23/y...-center-field/
    He could then play with former Reds Aroldis Chapman, Ryan LaMarre, and Sal Romano as managed by Aaron Boone. Also Wandy Peralta when he returns from the IL.

9. Likes:

wlf WV (07-28-2021)

Just when it feels like the Reds should throw in the towel, they win a series against the Cards with half of their team being of the JV variety (and the possibility of a sweep). That IS something.

I think you have to see how the next 4 or 5 days go. Reds have a real chance of separating themselves from the rest of the division outside of the Brewers with the game tomorrow and 4 against the Cubs. If they can continue winning at around this clip and gain even a game or two on the Brewers, I would feel good about their chances if they wanted to BUY heading into August.

11. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    My buddy who follows this very close just texted me that he saw a rumor that Reds were interested in Taylor Rogers no other details. Anyone else see anything about this?
    I know I want it to be true.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I highly doubt they could offer the best package for Rogers but that would be exactly what they need.

Last night was yet more confirmation this team needs a functional bullpen. Get them one and see what happens. Add in a #5 SP (never a high cost item) and you've got a legit team team.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (07-27-2021),Tom Servo (07-27-2021),wlf WV (07-28-2021),WVRedsFan (07-28-2021)

Trading has begun, Nick. Go get an arm or two before it’s too late, bruh

How about Jon Lester for a super cheap 5th starter?

17. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Trading has begun, Nick. Go get an arm or two before it’s too late, bruh

How about Jon Lester for a super cheap 5th starter?
    I dunno about you but I’ve watched enough mediocre at best pitching to not want to add more of it. Get a real upgrade.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

This team is doing everything they can to show they're worthy of spending on. Fans are as well. Open up the checkbook or sell this team to someone who will.

20. Likes:

M2 (07-28-2021),SErebel11 (07-28-2021),Tom Servo (07-28-2021),wlf WV (07-28-2021)

Wonder what it might cost to land Daniel Hudson, he'd pretty instantly become the best reliever in the pen.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Wonder what it might cost to land Daniel Hudson, he'd pretty instantly become the best reliever in the pen.
    Complete the circle, if I remember correctly the 2019 Nationals had an atrocious pen, acquired Hudson who fortified the bullpen and helped them stage a late season run at a wild card birth. The Nats went on to win the world series.

The 2019 Nats were 55-49 on July 27th.

23. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-28-2021)

Turn Off Ads?