Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy?

Re: Buy?

This is the year to make the move. Reds have a really good hitting club, India and Stephenson are fantastic additions and Winker and Castellanos are playing elite. Suarez will probably catch fire and could be a guy in playoffs win some big games. Got a decent bench too with Akiyama and probably Senzel coming back. NOW is the time to shore up that pen and push for winning a playoff series and see what they can do.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (06-20-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Lets hope Krall sees this.

5. Likes:

REDREAD (06-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Call me crazy but what if we blockbustered with Washington?

Obviously ridiculous but could you imagine...
    Krusty would be proud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

7. Likes:

Bob Sheed (06-19-2021),REDREAD (06-20-2021)

Help is literally just down the road….

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ck/7725146002/

All our bullpen troubles are over

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I would love to see a bullpen like this by the end of July. I think we could be in much better shape if we did something like this -

Trade Hinds to Colorado for Givens

Trade Richardson to Washington for Hudson

Closer: Hudson
    Setup: Givens and Sims
    Fireman: Antone
    Middle Relief:
    Lorenzen
    Lodolo
    Santillan or Gutierrez
    Doolittle

Maybe even factor Greene in there depending on inning count.

I think that could actually be a good bullpen, and it would take very little in terms of adding salary or trading prospects.

10. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-18-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

One move the Reds could do today is sign Mike Leake. Give him 2-3 weeks to get ready, then insert into the rotation and push Gutierrez to the pen. That eliminates one ineffective arm like Goudeau or Hembree.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

12. Likes:

DocRed (06-19-2021),M2 (06-19-2021),REDREAD (06-20-2021),Revering4Blue (06-19-2021),Tom Servo (06-19-2021)

Did Rick Porcello retire? He’s solve some problems, make him Antone #2

14. Likes:

M2 (06-19-2021),REDREAD (06-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Did Rick Porcello retire? He’s solve some problems, make him Antone #2
    If we have magic dust to sprinkle on Porcello to turn him into Antone #2, we wouldn’t need to sign Porcello in the first place.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    One move the Reds could do today is sign Mike Leake. Give him 2-3 weeks to get ready, then insert into the rotation and push Gutierrez to the pen. That eliminates one ineffective arm like Goudeau or Hembree.
    I like this idea. Brad Peacock is another guy who is throwing for teams at the moment. Guys like this could definitely help the overall depth issue for the big league club.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

17. Likes:

REDREAD (06-20-2021),Revering4Blue (06-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    If we have magic dust to sprinkle on Porcello to turn him into Antone #2, we wouldn’t need to sign Porcello in the first place.
    Yes, Antone is God and Porcello isn’t better than anyone in our bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I like Garcia as a target, but I'd like to see them add a lefty as well, because Doolittle needs added to the "I'm Done with" List. He should be the first name on there.

Here's a slobberknocker with the Marlins (I know a deal like this probably would never happen and Marte's Salary of roughly $3.5 Million for 2 months might give the Reds heartburn).

Nick Senzel, Lyon Richardson, Alejo Lopez, Jose Deleon and Cionel Perez for Yimi Garcia, Richard Bleier, Miguel Rojas and Starling Marte.
    Great idea.. Reds might need to swap out Deleon and CPerez for C prospects, but I would do it.
    Or maybe the Marlins just tell the Reds to keep those 2 bums and still do the trade
    Marlins basically get Senzel + prospects for 4 pending free agents. That would be attractive to them.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Kind of true?

Reds would get a “legit” shorstop, a good reliever, Starling Marte, and an infielder who hit .888 OPS last year and .787 OPS this year.

Marlins would get two DFA candidates, an injured Senzel almost arb eligible, a good but not top level pitching prospect, and Lopez, a 25-year old second base prospect who’s hit AAA pitching.
    Yea, but all 4 guys the Marlins give up are pending FAs. Reds might have to upgrade CPerez and DeLeon, but it seems like it's in the ballpark. Think about it.. if the Reds were rebuilding, getting a guy like Senzel in a deal like that would be appealing.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Great idea.. Reds might need to swap out Deleon and CPerez for C prospects, but I would do it.
    Or maybe the Marlins just tell the Reds to keep those 2 bums and still do the trade
    Marlins basically get Senzel + prospects for 4 pending free agents. That would be attractive to them.
    The Marlins could do far better than that.

Richardson is the only real prospect that trade scenario involves. Senzel can't stay healthy and is arbitration-eligible next year. The RPs are guys that can't stick in the Reds bullpen, which tells you all you need to know about them. The Marlins want prospects, not the Reds scraps.

Rojas isn't an FA either btw, he has a $5.5 mil team option for 2022.

22. Likes:

DocRed (06-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Coopdaddy67 View Post
    The Marlins could do far better than that.

Richardson is the only real prospect that trade scenario involves. Senzel can't stay healthy and is arbitration-eligible next year. The RPs are guys that can't stick in the Reds bullpen, which tells you all you need to know about them. The Marlins want prospects, not the Reds scraps.

Rojas isn't an FA either btw, he has a $5.5 mil team option for 2022.
    Senzel has value to rebuilding teams. Maybe not the Marlins (I am not familiar with them), but he has years of control left, and was playing well when he got hurt. Someone will gamble that he can stay healthy and produce big. He's the kind of player I wish the Reds had collected when we were tanking. He's also likely to be cheap next year.. So a team could trade a rental or two for him, gamble that he performs next year and then either build around him or trade him for prospects.
    Maybe the Marlins could do better, but the general idea was a good one. Maybe the Reds have to give a little more to make it work.

So the site said Rojas was signed through this year. If he has a team option, that's good for the Reds, they can cut him loose if they want to save cash after this year.. But you're right, maybe the Marlins want to keep him for 2022.. I have no idea.

24. Likes:

M2 (06-21-2021),Mitri (06-21-2021)

I’d see what Baltimore wanted for Fry and Mullins

Turn Off Ads?