Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-4-21 Reds @ Cardinals 8:15pm

Re: 6-4-21 Reds @ Cardinals 8:15pm

AAA is the answer. No manager in their right mind would sit Naquin for Shogo now, and no team wants to trade for a guy hitting .189 with zero power. Give him regular at bats and see if Stella gets her groove back.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Likes:

TexasRedsFan (06-04-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Kim had been pretty good until his last two starts. He was especially bad in his last start against the D-backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    Bell has devalued Shogo's value - some other team probably would look at his late 2020 performance and be able to use him effectively. Bell would have probably managed the great 8 to a .500 record. Can't you see him giving Pete a day off and saying its because it was previously scheduled?
    So who sits for Shogo? Winker, Casteallanos or Naquin? The team's three best hitters who basically carry the offense. Maybe Shogo could play SS. Actually being a SS doesn't seem to be one of the qualifications for the job.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

6. Likes:

TexasRedsFan (06-04-2021)

Again with the pitcher hitting 8th. Just don't understand it. Especially from a manager who subs multiple players every game so he can continue to push that spot back. Why handicap yourself right away ​by having the spot come up sooner?

Last night was a great win. Would be nice to get on a roll from it. Reds still haven't won more than two in a row since they were 6-1.
    Last edited by TexasRedsFan; 06-04-2021 at 07:00 PM.

8. Likes:

malcontent (06-04-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I get why Shogo isn’t seeing the field much with Winker-Naquin-Castellanos all doing very well. I don’t really get how Bell hasn’t managed to get him involved beyond the occasional pinch hitting opportunity and it seems obvious he really should be getting regular ABs in Louisville until they need him.
    I agree. I think the reason he isn't in Louisville is because of no Votto, Moose and to an extent Aquino and Senzel. Pickings are slim in Louisville and I guess they would rather have Shogo pinch hitting vs. a Louisville scrub. Maybe if 2-3 of these guys get back we will see Shogo in Louisville for 2-3 week period so he can play regular.
    I still think he can be a solid bench player for this team. But you can't sit one of the OFers now for him. Other than Naquin maybe once a week.
    Last edited by KeefeCato; 06-04-2021 at 06:49 PM.

I think we have met the roster limit of Louisville scrubs
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

At first glance of the lineup I thought, Blandino is pitching?!

Quote Originally Posted by wally post View Post
    At first glance of the lineup I thought, Blandino is pitching?!
    If Castillo continues with the same performance he’s given in every other appearance this year, we may have wished Blandino was pitching.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    If Castillo continues with the same performance he’s given in every other appearance this year, we may have wished Blandino was pitching.
    This is just flat out incorrect. Castillo was really good good in his second start.

So he’s just been bad 10 out of 11 starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Umkubas View Post
    Go Stanford Cardinal baseball
    outside of a totally awesome anthem standoff and a few team first sacrificial innings pitched i'm not sure why you guys get so excited

Other option would be to have Castellanos as 1st while Votto is out and have Shogo in the OF. It would mean having Shogo instead of an infield scrub. At this point, however, he needs to go to AAA and get at bats

Apparently, the narrative on Kim according to Cards fans is that he gets rattled easily and can't pitch deep into a game.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasRedsFan View Post
    Again with the pitcher hitting 8th. Just don't understand it. Especially from a manager who subs multiple players every game so he can continue to push that spot back. Why handicap yourself right away ​by having the spot come up sooner?

Last night was a great win. Would be nice to get on a roll from it. Reds still haven't won more than two in a row since they were 6-1.
    It is so the red hot rbi machine, Suarez, can drive him in

i missed most of the game thread last night but wanted to mention i really enjoyed Welsh being back in the booth

Quote Originally Posted by GADawg View Post
    outside of a totally awesome anthem standoff and a few team first sacrificial innings pitched i'm not sure why you guys get so excited
    Guys?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?