Turn Off Ads?
Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647

Thread: 6-6-21 Reds @ Cardinals 2:15pm

Re: 6-6-21 Reds @ Cardinals 2:15pm

Quote Originally Posted by UKWhoDey View Post
    Could would should at this point. Redlegs need to hold serve here with Hendrix. Winker has another moonshot in him I believe.
    Nostradamus over here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KeefeCato View Post
    Have you saw Warren's stats in Louisville? Horrible.
    Warren had one bad outing at Louisville immediately after being returned from Cincinnati. Otherwise he's been completely dominant. 21 K and 4 W in 10.1.

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    *Has been their ace is true through this juncture of the season

We know the bullpen is terrible, so there is literally zero argument for not letting Miley at least start the 6th unless he told Bell he was done
    Do you want Miley to be done by August? The guy pitched 20 innings last year. If you want him to pitch all year, you have to limit his innings. C'mon, man, this is very obvious stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 0-2 Count View Post
    In that scenario, I would expect to lose. So, I would not be as nearly frustrated. Just let Miley go one more and then an inning each out of Hendrix, Hembree, and Doolittle. there may have been some runs, but the Reds still likely win that game easily.
    If you have multiple relievers on your roster you are afraid to pitch with a SEVEN run lead, why are these players even on your roster? They are completely and utterly useless, might as well have more pinch runners or something.

6. Likes:

DocRed (06-07-2021)

Dude, you're being so ridiculous today. Literally nobody is saying "it's not okay to ever bring in relievers."
    That's just an absurd narrative you're grasping at to defend your point.
    The bullpen is bad and therefore we should bring our current best SP back out to start the 6th inning of a shutout does not equal, "OMG, we can't ever pitch the bullpen at all."
    If you can't bring in relievers with a SEVEN run lead, when, exactly, are you supposed to use them?

There are a ton of people being ridiculous today, but WM is not one of them.

Fine, I respect that. To me though, this would not be so infuriating if Bell did not already have a long history of pulling his SP early and costing his team games because of it.
    It's mostly that I've seen this same crapshow time and again and I'm over it.
    How sure are you that this is actually a David Bell thing and not an analytics thing?

There's a reason so few SPs go deep anymore and the reason is analytics. Managers have cost their teams so many games over the years by leaving starters in.

That said, the better strategy only works when you actually have a bullpen of decent arms so *shrug*

I'd call up Riley O'Brien and Santillan and put them in the pen tomorrow. Get rid of Feliz & Doolittle. That's where I'd start. If Big Tony has a future with the Reds in the next 1-2 years he's gonna get it out of the pen.

10. Likes:

DocRed (06-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by PTjvs View Post
    If you can't bring in relievers with a SEVEN run lead, when, exactly, are you supposed to use them?

There are a ton of people being ridiculous today, but WM is not one of them.
    trying to squeeze one more inning out of a starter at 92 pitches being viewed as ridiculous just shows how brainwashed with pitch counts managers and fans have become.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

12. Likes:

DocRed (06-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    trying to squeeze one more inning out of a starter at 92 pitches being viewed as ridiculous just shows how brainwashed with pitch counts managers and fans have become.
    I agree with both of you. So we’re all winners here at RZ.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    A starter you are trying to get a full year out of who threw 20 innings last year?

Results oriented thinking at RedsZone is out of control. I'd love to play poker with a lot of y'all.

Edit: Also, this is a wild mischaracterization of the debate here. Y'all are arguing that it is RIDICULOUS that Miley was pulled after 5 in an attempt to keep his usage low. We are arguing that it was NOT ridiculous to pull him. Sending him out to start the 6th is not the decision I would have made, but it wouldn't have been absurd. Arguing that pulling him after 5 is absurd, however, IS absurd.
    Last edited by PTjvs; 06-07-2021 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PTjvs View Post
    A starter you are trying to get a full year out of who threw 20 innings last year?

Results oriented thinking at RedsZone is out of control. I'd love to play poker with a lot of y'all.

Edit: Also, this is a wild mischaracterization of the debate here. Y'all are arguing that it is RIDICULOUS that Miley was pulled after 5 in an attempt to keep his usage low. We are arguing that it was NOT ridiculous to pull him. Sending him out to start the 6th is not the decision I would have made, but it wouldn't have been absurd. Arguing that pulling him after 5 is absurd, however, IS absurd.
    "trying to squeeze one more inning" was not saying pulling him after 5 is absurd and not sure of anyone being reasonable who would characterize it as such.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I agree with both of you. So we’re all winners here at RZ.
    Howard Johnson is right!

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

17. Likes:

SomeCallMeTim (06-07-2021),Tony Cloninger (06-07-2021)

Turn Off Ads?