Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 35 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021 Part IV: Does anyone want this title?

Re: NBA 2021 Part IV: Does anyone want this title?

That was an excellent fight with a little basketball mixed in.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Are you arguing that he made the right decision? That is why Middleton was screaming at him after the whistle pointing at the rim? He clearly appeared to not understand time and place on the court.
    No, I'm arguing Durant played excellent defense, making sure Lopez only had bad decisions.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

What was Brooks Lopez thinking? A TO, and he still did not understand there was just a few ticks on shot clock?
    Regardless - and I agree with you that he should have attempted a shot in that situation, you never know - the Bucks don't pull this game out without his key block of Durant's late OT shot and ensuing rebound of a Joe Harris miss. Those were two HUGE plays.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 06-19-2021 at 11:54 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

5. Likes:

BillDoran (06-20-2021),M2 (06-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Regardless - and I agree with you that he should have attempted a shot in that situation, you never know - the Bucks don't pull this game out without his key block of Durant's late OT shot and ensuing rebound of a Joe Harris miss. Those were two HUGE plays.

That block was massive.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    No, I'm arguing Durant played excellent defense, making sure Lopez only had bad decisions.
    ok, I do not disagree with the entire Nets team played excellent defense on that possession....but Lopez's only option was to try to get a ball up on the rim. He either went blank about the situation or he panicked and chose an option that had 0% chance of taking more time off the clock. Also, on that last play of regulation, I am putting Giannis on Durant to force he to drive or try to shoot over Giannis.....then have a designated help guy if he does drive. Lucky for the Bucks, his foot was on the line.....he likely does not get a clean look near 3 with Giannis on him.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post

I think he was giving max effort in OT because that mistake woke him up a little. After Middleton got on him, he seem to have an extra gear in his play.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

ok, I do not disagree with the entire Nets team played excellent defense on that possession....but Lopez's only option was to try to get a ball up on the rim. He either went blank about the situation or he panicked and chose an option that had 0% chance of taking more time off the clock.
    Agreed he had to try to shoot, but Durant gave him no space to do it and kept him completely off balance. I really don't think Lopez was finding the rim. Though, as R4B noted, Lopez vindicated himself.

Game 7 on the road- Lopez: 19 points, 8 rebounds, 4 blocked shots, 3 out of 4 threes, one bad decision. Not a bad nights work.

12. Likes:

BillDoran (06-20-2021),M2 (06-20-2021),Revering4Blue (06-20-2021)

What was Brooks Lopez thinking? A TO, and he still did not understand there was just a few ticks on shot clock?
    And the announcers make no comment about it. I wonder where their heads are too! Are they even in the arena or are they broadcasting from their basements?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Game 7 on the road- Lopez: 19 points, 8 rebounds, 4 blocked shots, 3 out of 4 threes, one bad decision. Not a bad nights work.
    He's the unsung hero of this series. Durant was incredible (and very tough). Giannis was Good Giannis for the majority of the series. Middleton was great for the most part.

But with Holiday unable to find the ocean, Lopez was really important. His aggregate numbers weren't special, but he had a big impact, especially in games 5 and 7. He also had 6 blocks in Game 4. He'll never get a ton of love, because he's got an odd game and is a weird fit in the current NBA climate, but he's really important to that Bucks team. He's an above average player that spreads the floor and some teams just don't have a real answer for him. He rarely takes over a game, but he's a guy that more often than not will outplay the other team's No. 4. In the playoffs, that becomes especially evident (and important).

Also, love that Lopez is the career scoring leader for the Nets organization as well.
    Last edited by BillDoran; 06-20-2021 at 10:01 AM.

15. Likes:

Mutaman (06-20-2021),Revering4Blue (06-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    He's the unsung hero of this series. Durant was incredible (and very tough). Giannis was Good Giannis for the majority of the series. Middleton was great for the most part.

But with Holiday unable to find the ocean, Lopez was really important. His aggregate numbers weren't special, but he had a big impact, especially in games 5 and 7. He also had 6 blocks in Game 4. He'll never get a ton of love, because he's got an odd game and is a weird fit in the current NBA climate, but he's really important to that Bucks team. He's an above average player that spreads the floor and some teams just don't have a real answer for him. He rarely takes over a game, but he's a guy that more often than not will outplay the other team's No. 4. In the playoffs, that becomes especially evident (and important).

Also, love that Lopez is the career scoring leader for the Nets organization as well.
    The biggest unsung hero in this series is Kyrie's balky angle (or perhaps balky psyche)-- and Giannis' foot that caused it.

(But this is still quality analysis.)

Both teams at full strength and you probably have a gentleman's sweep. Nets in five. But, that is life.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Both teams at full strength and you probably have a gentleman's sweep. Nets in five. But, that is life.

If Jabari Parker hadn't torn his achilles (twice), it would have been Bucks in four. And don't get me going about Wayne Simpson.

19. Likes:

Chip R (06-21-2021)

Not a fan of Ty Lue but he has pushed the right buttons the last 2 playoff series...the decision to go small has paid big dividends.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Cameron Payne is a UFA after this season. Just sayin'.

Turn Off Ads?