Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021 Part IV: Does anyone want this title?

Re: NBA 2021 Part IV: Does anyone want this title?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Picks 1 - 4 are quality guys, IMO. All-Star level guys.

After that, it's a crapshoot. (But with lots of depth.)

Cunningham in Detroit is near-perfect. He, Hayes (or Jackson or Diallo?), and Bey are a solid, young backcourt/ wing set up. Cunningham can be the ball-dominant guy he's been his whole life too. He and Grant can supply scoring, and that defense should become suffocating, given a year or two. Isaiah Stewart and Plumlee are a solid center grouping. Grant can play an undersized PF, and they can either sign a guy or draft one with their 32nd pick too. The wings are very young and very talented-- they might well be among the top five wings in the NBA as a group. PG is an issue, but Cunningham can fake it there offensively with Jackson, Hayes, and Diallo playing the part on defense.

I like that squad.

All that said, it's Houston's pick that'll determine the draft order. Do they draft Mobley, knowing he and Wood can be their front court? Do they get Green and pair him with Porter for two scoring wings? Do they let Suggs take over at point? I'm nearly positive no one can entice them to move out of the top four, but they could perhaps be convinced to move to the fourth pick. (Would Toronto dangle the fourth pick and, say, Chris Boucher for the second pick and Daniel House? Would Cleveland be willing to deal Kevin Love, Larry Nance, and the third pick for John Wall and the second pick?)
    If Cleveland takes John Wall to move up a spot, just shut it down. Move the team to Seattle. They’ll be happier there.

2. Likes:

Betterread (06-23-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    If Cleveland takes John Wall to move up a spot, just shut it down. Move the team to Seattle. They’ll be happier there.
    They can take on Wall, then buy him out.

They can take on Wall, then buy him out.
    The Cleveland Buyouts. Too bad it’s the baseball team looking for a new name.

And fwiw, I like the redundancy of Mobley and Wood. Start them both, and their shooting range and defensive acumen allow them to tag-team the center and PF spot. Grab a veteran guy (like Olynyk) as a third guy, and their bigs are taken care of, essentially.
    I think it would stunt Mobley's growth. He'd spend two years trying to figure how to be a guy who plays off of Wood (who'd then leave) rather than find his own role. If Mobley had better shooting range I could see it, but I'm generally sour on playing multiple bigs, especially on a rebuilding team. Side thought, I wonder if OKC rolls in offering a pile of picks to Houston so it can snag Mobley? They've got the trade capital.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Supposedly Boston's finalizing a deal with Nets assistant Ime Udoka to be their new coach.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Hawks hanging in against the Bucks. Bucks up 59-54 at halftime. Trae Young has been unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisyear View Post
    Hawks hanging in against the Bucks. Bucks up 59-54 at halftime. Trae Young has been unbelievable.
    They play a deep drop on the pick-n-roll. He's going to have that floater all series unless they change up the defense (and they gave a different look at the end of the half). I think the Bucks are goinig to challenge Trae to beat them single-handedly. He looked up to it in the first half.

However, the Bucks are getting pretty much whatever they want on offense (and doing damage on the offensive boards). With Hunter out, Bogdanovic hobbled and Trae already beat up, I don't think the Hawks are going to have the horses to win the series. No doubt they'll scratch and claw and make it a dog fight of a series, but after a half I'd feel a lot more comfortable as a Bucks fan.

10. Likes:

Thisyear (06-23-2021)

Trae Young is a lot of fun to watch

12. Likes:

Thisyear (06-23-2021)

Is Marv just calling every made jumper a 3 at this point in his career?

14. Likes:

BillDoran (06-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Is Marv just calling every made jumper a 3 at this point in his career?
    YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Trae Young is a lot of fun to watch
    I f'n hate him. He's like a less talented Harden, doing all the foul-drawing BS with a lot of little twerp brother energy.

He's great for the NBA though. I get a kick out of him when he plays all but a few teams.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    I f'n hate him. He's like a less talented Harden, doing all the foul-drawing BS with a lot of little twerp brother energy.

He's great for the NBA though. I get a kick out of him when he plays all but a few teams.
    https://theathletic.com/news/nba-rul...s/4AW9CaoPoehb

The NBA is expected to implement rule changes to limit attempts to draw fouls on non-basketball moves starting in 2021-22, sources tell The Athletic.

The focus would be on moves where the offensive shooter leans into a defender or kicks his leg out at an abnormal angle, or where an offensive player veers suddenly backward or sideways into a defender. Such plays would now be called offensive fouls, unless the contact is marginal enough to be a no-call.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

18. Likes:

BillDoran (06-23-2021)

Hawks win game one. Trae Young is a bad man.

3 road game 1s.

3 Ws.

Be-frickin-lieve.

Think anyone in Atlanta is sad about them not keeping Luka tonight?
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Turn Off Ads?