Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021 Part IV: Does anyone want this title?

Re: NBA 2021 Part IV: Does anyone want this title?

As god is my witness, I turned away from that game because Philly was slaughtering them - watched the new Loki, and then went to bed. I had no idea until opening this thread that Philly lost. I am stunned.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

2. Likes:

goreds2 (06-18-2021),M2 (06-17-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    As god is my witness, I turned away from that game because Philly was slaughtering them - watched the new Loki, and then went to bed. I had no idea until opening this thread that Philly lost. I am stunned.
    Same here, decided to not watch the rest midway through the 3rd because Philly was up 26, checked again before falling asleep and was shocked. Then was shocked again this morning to my phone telling me "Playoff P leads LA to a 3-2 lead".

5. Likes:

goreds2 (06-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Same here, decided to not watch the rest midway through the 3rd because Philly was up 26, checked again before falling asleep and was shocked. Then was shocked again this morning to my phone telling me "Playoff P leads LA to a 3-2 lead".
    Utah fell apart in the 3rd quarter and then didn’t have enough gas to push past them again in the fourth. Mitchell didn’t have it last night. Could be the ankle or just wearing down after carrying the load for the first four games or both. But he tried to do Mitchell stuff in the fourth and it just wasn’t there. They still have some hope if they can get an 80% Conley, but if he doesn’t play I don’t know what they can do.

But man the Jazz, Bucks and Sixers really had a vicious competition for worst Game 5 loss.

7. Likes:

goreds2 (06-18-2021),M2 (06-17-2021),Rojo Rijo (06-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    But man the Jazz, Bucks and Sixers really had a vicious competition for worst Game 5 loss.
    Nice call.

Those weren't victories so much as massive losses.

The Suns didn't have that problem. I can't get over their lack of experience, but every team starts somewhere, right?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    Simmons and a pick swap (or a couple second rounders) to the Bulls for Zach Lavine and Tom Satoransky.

Tobias Harris to Portland for CJ McCollum.

There. Fixed.
    Hard no from the Blazers.

Huge Game 6 for the Bucks tonight. I think they pull it out at home. If they don't, I think Bud's out of a job, and Horst has to start rethinking roster construction and Giannis's role (more of a traditional big, less ball-handling?).

Rick Carlisle steps down in Dallas.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Anyone heard from KP?
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Anyone heard from KP?
    There are six coaching vacancies. He's probably busy interviewing.

13. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Anyone heard from KP?
    I wish he'd roll in and just take his lumps.

15. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    That's huge.

I wonder how much of that was Luka asserting his opinion and how much was Carlisle being tired.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    That's huge.

I wonder how much of that was Luka asserting his opinion and how much was Carlisle being tired.
    Everything out of Dallas points to Cuban being a bit too hands on and putting too much trust in his director of analytics who made his dollars gambling on NBA games…the front office was a bit of a mess almost like they had 3 heads.

Carlisle is also a control freak so 13 years was a good run for him...very hard on young players who he often didn't play at all...so I am sure that went into the decision as well.

Jamahl Mosley is in the lead and has a good relationship with Luka.
    Last edited by KoryMac5; 06-17-2021 at 08:30 PM.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Everything out of Dallas points to Cuban being a bit too hands on and putting too much trust in his director of analytics who made his dollars gambling on NBA games…the front office was a bit of a mess almost like they had 3 heads.

Carlisle is also a control freak so 13 years was a good run for him...very hard on young players who he often didn't play at all...so I am sure that went into the decision as well.

Jamahl Mosley is in the lead and has a good relationship with Luka.
    Haralabob takeover!

New coach is a genius if he can make Porzingis good. New GM is a genius if he can trade Porzingis for someone good.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    he will have suitors quickly.....because of him they have won many more games over the last 13 years than they probably should have, but he is definitely a little old school for many of the stars in the league today.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

20. Likes:

Stray (06-18-2021)

Nets are probably going to need Kyrie Irving to stop worrying about whether dinosaurs roamed the moon or not, and play. If, they want to advance.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    he will have suitors quickly.....because of him they have won many more games over the last 13 years than they probably should have, but he is definitely a little old school for many of the stars in the league today.
    Couldn't agree more. Him and Spo are the two best coaches in the league imo.

Turn Off Ads?