Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021 Part IV: Does anyone want this title?

Re: NBA 2021 Part IV: Does anyone want this title?

I think if you want to identify the biggest flaw with the Clippers, just watch the last possession. How many times did Kawhi and George touch the ball behind the 3 point line in a game they trailed by 3 points.....and Morris ends up taking the attempt? I can accept Kawhi giving it up to George or vice versa, but one of those guys have to take that shot.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

2. Turn Off Ads?

NBA teams view CJ McCollum's $100 million contract as slightly negative value for trade purposes, per report

The Portland Trail Blazers are at a crossroads. They've now lost in the first round in four of the past five seasons. Damian Lillard is 31 and CJ McCollum will turn 30 this offseason. If they can't put a championship-caliber roster around that duo, it might be time for them to consider breaking it up before Father Time makes that decision for them.
    I can recall a very small window where there was actually a real discussion in the media and among fans related to who Portland should keep long term if they moved one.....Lillard or McCollum. A material amount of people argued for McCollum because he was younger. That seems silly now.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

4. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-10-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I think if you want to identify the biggest flaw with the Clippers, just watch the last possession. How many times did Kawhi and George touch the ball behind the 3 point line in a game they trailed by 3 points.....and Morris ends up taking the attempt? I can accept Kawhi giving it up to George or vice versa, but one of those guys have to take that shot.
    I thought the Jazz were going to foul. Pretty surprised they didn’t, but the ball swung to Morris and he was ready to shoot.

I think the more material problem is no one, including Paul George, wants Paul George taking that shot.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Nate Bjorkgren out in Indiana.

I'd love for someone to dish the tea on that situation.

8. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-10-2021),M2 (06-09-2021)

Looks like Kemba is out of Boston. He's on the books for 36 million next year with a player option for 37 the next season.

Lebrakers fans want a semi-star to go with AD and Bron, here is your shot. I'm guessing if LA could put together a package of role players on short/small deals along with a future protected pick(s) they could make this work.

D’Andre Hunter out for remainder of post-season.

Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Looks like Kemba is out of Boston. He's on the books for 36 million next year with a player option for 37 the next season.

Lebrakers fans want a semi-star to go with AD and Bron, here is your shot. I'm guessing if LA could put together a package of role players on short/small deals along with a future protected pick(s) they could make this work.
    Kemba's contract is one of the five or so worst in the NBA. Any front office eying him as a piece of a Big Three situation probably needs to find a new line of work. I imagine the Celtics will have to take back other distressed assets to unload that giant anchor of deal. A Porzingis-Walker swap makes some sense for all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    A Porzingis-Walker swap makes some sense for all involved.
    Why would Dallas do that?

Kemba is more like Kevin Love at this point, IMO-- broken down, old, but capable in short spurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Why would Dallas do that?

Kemba is more like Kevin Love at this point, IMO-- broken down, old, but capable in short spurts.
    Because Porzingis was effectively played off the floor in the Clippers series, and it gets you out of the bad deal one year earlier.

Kemba's got 2/$74 million left. Porzingis has 3/$102 million.

And for my money, when healthy (a big if for both) Kemba's the more effective player of the two.

Book has some Mamba in him. Glad Phoenix is good so he finally gets to showcase his game to a national audience.

NBA 2021 Part IV: Does anyone want this title?

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Kemba's contract is one of the five or so worst in the NBA. Any front office eying him as a piece of a Big Three situation probably needs to find a new line of work. I imagine the Celtics will have to take back other distressed assets to unload that giant anchor of deal. A Porzingis-Walker swap makes some sense for all involved.
    I definitely view him as a negative due to his contract and don’t think he’s a good choice for almost any big 3 situation but take a look at the Lakers. What can they do? They have very little trade chips if any, and because they have $26 million invested in KCP and Kuzma next year they don’t have the room to sign any big time guys. Cap is projected 112/136 for 20/21’. Those two + AD and Lebron = 102 million. So their only hope is a trade, but their assets stink, so a situation like Kemba or Porzingis may be the only real chance they have at getting Lebron some real help.

16. Likes:

BillDoran (06-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post

Lakers do not really have any draft capital.....maybe a 1st in 2025 or something. Most of their draft capital is tied up with New Orleans for the near future.
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Suns have everything you could ever want in a team.

19. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (06-10-2021)

Lakers do not really have any draft capital.....maybe a 1st in 2025 or something. Most of their draft capital is tied up with New Orleans for the near future.
    Exactly, this is why their only hope is to find a player/team situation like Boston/Kemba with a fractured relationship and a discounted cost. LA would need to send Boston a package along the lines of Kuzma (13 mil), KCP (13 mil), Horton-Tucker (2 mil) , and Luol Dengs last year of his stretch (5 mil) along with a 2026 lightly protected 1st to make it work.

Turn Off Ads?