Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021 Part IV: Does anyone want this title?

Re: NBA 2021 Part IV: Does anyone want this title?

Quote Originally Posted by Thisyear View Post
    This sort of proves my point about chasing championships. How many different teams were these final appearances for and how many were stacked with all the best players. Who did Durant guard by the way?
    “Chasing championships” is a lazy argument. No one wins championships alone. No one.

Most #1 offensive options don’t guard the other teams #1 offensive option the entire game. In fact I can’t think of any. He almost always does in crunch time and he’s also currently acting as the rim protector. Do you watch basketball?

2. Likes:

M2 (06-16-2021),Rojo Rijo (06-16-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

The current leader for defensive Win Shares during these playoffs is...KD.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Good news for Hawks. Cam Reddish cleared to play tonight. Gives the Hawks another lanky wing to put into the mix. Don’t want him shooting 3s. Best use is to get him some midrange looks or create some mismatches on a George Hill or Seth Curry where he can get into the post & get to the line a few times. Can also help buy a few minutes of rest for a guy like Kevin Huerter.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    “Chasing championships” is a lazy argument. No one wins championships alone. No one.

Most #1 offensive options don’t guard the other teams #1 offensive option the entire game. In fact I can’t think of any. He almost always does in crunch time and he’s also currently acting as the rim protector. Do you watch basketball?
    When you switch teams every other year and are teaming up with the best players what do you call it.
    Before the series a comment was made he would guard Giannis, and it was said it wont happen because he is so soft. Giannis would eat him alive. Don't call someone elite defender if they never guard the best player. How often has he guarded Giannis this series. I watch basketball and it is garbage to the Jordan era. I never once saw Jordan quit like I have saw a lot of quit out of both Lebron and Durant. That is why he is soft, not too mention all that other stuff I said.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Good news for Hawks. Cam Reddish cleared to play tonight. Gives the Hawks another lanky wing to put into the mix. Don’t want him shooting 3s. Best use is to get him some midrange looks or create some mismatches on a George Hill or Seth Curry where he can get into the post & get to the line a few times. Can also help buy a few minutes of rest for a guy like Kevin Huerter.
    I don't think that's good news for them. He's a net negative when he's on the court and he makes bad decisions.

I have no idea how people can argue about a guys defense with as much switching as they do. Now a guy can hide on defense but calling KD a poor defender because what, he doesnt try and take an assignment like Tucker has on him? Why would he? Seriously why would you put the best offensive weapon on the other teams top players, so he can pick up fouls and have to sit? Such a poor argument.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The current leader for defensive Win Shares during these playoffs is...KD.
    When he guards the other teams bums. He is good scorer, nothing defender, and soft as ****. Next his mom gonna be running on the court to protect him. Anyone who don't see that as soft don't live in the real world.

When you switch teams every other year and are teaming up with the best players what do you call it.
    Before the series a comment was made he would guard Giannis, and it was said it wont happen because he is so soft. Giannis would eat him alive. Don't call someone elite defender if they never guard the best player. How often has he guarded Giannis this series. I watch basketball and it is garbage to the Jordan era. I never once saw Jordan quit like I have saw a lot of quit out of both Lebron and Durant. That is why he is soft, not too mention all that other stuff I said.
    Zero reason to put KD on Giannis. Blake is the right defender for him. Durant doesnt need to take a beating in the post and Giannis isnt hurting anyone from outside aside from the few times he's hot. On top of that you risk Durant picking up fouls and if Durant has to sit at all last night they don't win that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I have no idea how people can argue about a guys defense with as much switching as they do. Now a guy can hide on defense but calling KD a poor defender because what, he doesnt try and take an assignment like Tucker has on him? Why would he? Seriously why would you put the best offensive weapon on the other teams top players, so he can pick up fouls and have to sit? Such a poor argument.
    Again the conversation was if Durant would cover Giannis, and it was said he was to soft. He is not a elite defender, he is average at best.

When he guards the other teams bums. He is good scorer, nothing defender, and soft as ****. Next his mom gonna be running on the court to protect him. Anyone who don't see that as soft don't live in the real world.
    My guy went off last night for 49/17/10 plus 2 steals and 3 blocks with only 3 turnovers. One for the books. He was unstoppable yet this is the argument?

13. Likes:

M2 (06-16-2021)

Zero reason to put KD on Giannis. Blake is the right defender for him. Durant doesnt need to take a beating in the post and Giannis isnt hurting anyone from outside aside from the few times he's hot. On top of that you risk Durant picking up fouls and if Durant has to sit at all last night they don't win that game.
    The comment was made by M2, so that is why he brought it back up. You will have to ask him why he thought it was a viable option.

My guy went off last night for 49/17/10 plus 2 steals and 3 blocks with only 3 turnovers. One for the books. He was unstoppable yet this is the argument?
    Yes for him not being an elite defender it is my argument. For him being soft that is part of my argument.I concede he is a good scorer, he will never have another game like that though.

Ahh, so now everybody is soft.

Seems like the kind of performance that would cause a person to reassess their delusions, right?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Ahh, so now everybody is soft.
    We most have different definitions of soft. You thinking because where he came from it makes him hard. I think not sticking with your team and going to the rival you should of beat. Lots of people I wouldn't consider soft. Chris Paul aint soft. But superstars who switch to chase titles are soft. People who quit or pass in the biggest moments are soft.

I never stated he wasn't a good player so why would that change my mind.

Turn Off Ads?