Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021 Part IV: Does anyone want this title?

Re: NBA 2021 Part IV: Does anyone want this title?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Ahh, so now everybody is soft.
    By my count, everyone who isn't Michael Jordan or Chris Paul is squeezable.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I don't think that's good news for them. He's a net negative when he's on the court and he makes bad decisions.
    Not advocating for him to get big minutes like he did under Lloyd Pierce. More like the 5-ish minutes/half that might have gone to a guy like Tony Snell or Solomon Hill instead. Or simply have him foul and send Simmons to the line couple of times in hopes of an empty offensive possession or two for Sixers.

As a top 5-6 rotation guy he’s definitely a liability at this point in his career (as are most 21 year olds in any profession). But as a #8 or #9 guy I don’t think it’s a bad roll of the dice, especially if you think the series goes 7 games with the last 3 being played in the course of 96 hours. Fresher legs across the board never hurt at the end of a long series.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    By my count, everyone who isn't Michael Jordan or Chris Paul is squeezable.
    You must of missed the phrase lots of people. Glad I could clear it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisyear View Post
    We most have different definitions of soft. You thinking because where he came from it makes him hard. I think not sticking with your team and going to the rival you should of beat. Lots of people I wouldn't consider soft. Chris Paul aint soft. But superstars who switch to chase titles are soft. People who quit or pass in the biggest moments are soft.

I never stated he wasn't a good player so why would that change my mind.
    Wow this is just a stunningly stupid argument.

I think people that don’t try and better themselves and their situation are soft. He could have stuck with the team that traded away one of the best players in the league to save money and where he was paired up with someone that didn’t compliment his skills for he could leave to play for a team and coach that were completely perfect for what he does. Sure he could have been stubborn and he would have 2 less titles.

But you also don’t think he’s an elite defender so I’m still not convinced you actually watch games.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Wow this is just a stunningly stupid argument.

I think people that don’t try and better themselves and their situation are soft. He could have stuck with the team that traded away one of the best players in the league to save money and where he was paired up with someone that didn’t compliment his skills for he could leave to play for a team and coach that were completely perfect for what he does. Sure he could have been stubborn and he would have 2 less titles.

But you also don’t think he’s an elite defender so I’m still not convinced you actually watch games.
    Yeah, I consider it extremely soft that he left OKC the way he did. I consider him title chasing to Golden State soft. Not to mention he *****ed and moaned the whole time there. So I don't see how you can say with a straight face that it was to better himself. It was because he couldn't beat Golden State so he ran from the place he claimed he loved and wouldn't leave. So in my book he is soft. Moving on.
    You actually think he is an elite defender, Do you watch basketball?

Yeah, I consider it extremely soft that he left OKC the way he did. I consider him title chasing to Golden State soft. Not to mention he *****ed and moaned the whole time there. So I don't see how you can say with a straight face that it was to better himself. It was because he couldn't beat Golden State so he ran from the place he claimed he loved and wouldn't leave. So in my book he is soft. Moving on.
    You actually think he is an elite defender, Do you watch basketball?
    There’s no loyalty in sports. It’s a business. If OKC thought they could better themselves by trading KD they would have done it in a second. At one point they thought it was smart to not pay Harden and trade him for Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb. Oops! But he’s soft because he didn’t feel like the people that made that decision could figure out how to put a title team around him? Get out of here.

I probably watch too much basketball. He’s one of the best 15 defenders in the league and one of the best 5 crunch time defenders. He can guard the post, in space, against any position and is a match up nightmare due to his length. He’s also an elite team defender.

There’s no loyalty in sports. It’s a business. If OKC thought they could better themselves by trading KD they would have done it in a second. At one point they thought it was smart to not pay Harden and trade him for Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb. Oops! But he’s soft because he didn’t feel like the people that made that decision could figure out how to put a title team around him? Get out of here.

I probably watch too much basketball. He’s one of the best 15 defenders in the league and one of the best 5 crunch time defenders. He can guard the post, in space, against any position and is a match up nightmare due to his length. He’s also an elite team defender.
    Some people just can't handle competition instead they build a super team. It is ask Charles Barkley. As for him being elite defensively, he just isn't. You aren't elite if you don't match up with elite players. Jordan he ALWAYS guarded the best and won multiple defense player of the year. Talk to me about being elite when he has got anything close to NBA defensive honors. By the way I looked he is 17 in the ratings, but you can't be elite unless you guard elite.

Some people just can't handle competition instead they build a super team. It is ask Charles Barkley. As for him being elite defensively, he just isn't. You aren't elite if you don't match up with elite players. Jordan he ALWAYS guarded the best and won multiple defense player of the year. Talk to me about being elite when he has got anything close to NBA defensive honors. By the way I looked he is 17 in the ratings, but you can't be elite unless you guard elite.
    Jordan did not ALWAYS guard the best player. Pippen did because he was the best defensive player on that team. Also Jordan has 2 less titles if Rodman doesn’t come to Chicago, but he wasn’t worried about building a super team..nah! I’m also not debating that Jordan was a better all around defender than Durant. 90s packed in defense against the current space and pick and roll defense is just different.

But you’re old guy sports talk radio “some guys just can’t handle competition” back in my day take is super strong.

Jordan did not ALWAYS guard the best player. Pippen did because he was the best defensive player on that team. Also Jordan has 2 less titles if Rodman doesn’t come to Chicago, but he wasn’t worried about building a super team..nah! I’m also not debating that Jordan was a better all around defender than Durant. 90s packed in defense against the current space and pick and roll defense is just different.

But you’re old guy sports talk radio “some guys just can’t handle competition” back in my day take is super strong.
    We aren't changing each others mind. I liked basketball when there was competition. If you think Pippen was better than Jordan defensively you are nuts. So, I can get a better idea How many people are elite defensively because 15 is a lot so I am wondering where your cut off is. To get a better understanding of your definition of soft, name one player you would consider soft?

We aren't changing each others mind. I liked basketball when there was competition. If you think Pippen was better than Jordan defensively you are nuts. So, I can get a better idea How many people are elite defensively because 15 is a lot so I am wondering where your cut off is. To get a better understanding of your definition of soft, name one player you would consider soft?
    I don’t know what “when there was competition” means.

Pippen was better than Jordan defensively. Pippen could guard against all 5 positions and is one of the best 2 or 3 wing defenders ever. Jordan was a fantastic defensive guard, but he wasn’t all around better than Pippen. More importantly and contrary to your deeply held belief that Jordan guarded the best guy, he didn’t, Pippen did and allowed the best offensive player in the history of the game to do his thing.

I don’t really have a cutoff. Sometimes it might be 5, sometimes it might be 20. Things change and players skill sets go up and down. 15 isn’t a lot though. That’s less than 1 per team.

I think “soft” is an overused insult. There aren’t many “soft” players for the most part because if you are one you won’t be in the league very long. I think sometimes teams play soft on certain nights or sometimes longer, usually just meaning they don’t play with much intensity and hustle.

I don’t know what “when there was competition” means.

Pippen was better than Jordan defensively. Pippen could guard against all 5 positions and is one of the best 2 or 3 wing defenders ever. Jordan was a fantastic defensive guard, but he wasn’t all around better than Pippen. More importantly and contrary to your deeply held belief that Jordan guarded the best guy, he didn’t, Pippen did and allowed the best offensive player in the history of the game to do his thing.

I don’t really have a cutoff. Sometimes it might be 5, sometimes it might be 20. Things change and players skill sets go up and down. 15 isn’t a lot though. That’s less than 1 per team.

I think “soft” is an overused insult. There aren’t many “soft” players for the most part because if you are one you won’t be in the league very long. I think sometimes teams play soft on certain nights or sometimes longer, usually just meaning they don’t play with much intensity and hustle.
    I'll concede on My Jordan comment. I was about four at the time they began together. Jordan was great defensively, but Pippen guarded the best player.
    Thanks for answering the questions. I personally don't like super teams, thats why I said when there was competition.

76'ers

“The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I don't even understand how you lose either of the last two games.

I can tell you that I'm done with Simmons. As great as he is defensively, the Sixers move on to the next round if he makes even half his free throws over the last two games. Unacceptable.

I don't for a moment believe that Philly can win two games in a row if they can't protect 26-point leads. Done.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Where is Reggie Miller?
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

Believe.

Turn Off Ads?