Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: On an Up Note

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Re: On an Up Note

I will dance around saying some of the new bullpen guys seem like they’re turning it around

I just don’t want to jinx it, because I know a few of us said the same thing about Hendrix and Hembree seeming like the answer a few games after they got called up, and well uh, lol

2. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-16-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I don't think the bullpen woes need to be a fatal flaw. We've seen teams like the Braves in recent years completely overhaul their bullpen in-season, it comes down to whether the Reds are willing to be "buyers" or not come July. If they're still in the race they should be.

It feels like the offense is starting to really roll with the turn to the warm weather.
    Mostly feel proud of this but to think I didn't even consider that the bullpen would just decide to stop being bad.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

5. Likes:

M2 (06-16-2021),membengal (06-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    On an up note, my Brad Brach fan club is growing and accepting new members.
    Grab a rose. Time for another "The Brachelor" watch party.

7. Likes:

membengal (06-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Mostly feel proud of this but to think I didn't even consider that the bullpen would just decide to stop being bad.
    Start with the basics, I always say.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

9. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-16-2021)

Back to back 2-1 wins on the road. Feels like it has been a quick minute or two since we have seen that from this team.

On an up note, my Brad Brach fan club is growing and accepting new members.
    I'm in. A big league pitcher settled things down, not some unknown kid with a big arm? How is this possible?
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

11. Likes:

HokieRed (06-17-2021),membengal (06-16-2021)

Start with the basics, I always say.
    Basic #1. Get rid of the turds.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Basic #1. Get rid of the turds.
    They did start getting better when Antone hit the IL………

C. Trent Rosecrans @ctrent
    Tejay Antone will throw a bullpen on Friday and he could be activated as soon as Sunday, Reds manager David Bell said.

15. Likes:

CaiGuy (06-18-2021),Tom Servo (06-17-2021)

By the way, and I mentioned this in the game thread last night, many of you who do not follow the Orioles (and why would you) may not realize that for several years Brach was a fantastic late inning set-up guy for Zach Britton for the last decent Orioles teams 2014-2017. Like, a really super teriffic set-up guy. After he left Baltimore things fell apart for him a bit. But he's still just 35, he's had a LOT of success in the majors, and guys like him very often can re-find their mojo.

Here's his stats page if you need a refresher:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...rachbr01.shtml

On an up note, we may have lucked into something with him.
    On a personal up note, I might have gotten one right for once (quoted post was on June 16)
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

On an up note, they've matched their season high at four games over .500. Here's to hoping it goes better from here than the last time they got to four game over .500.

18. Likes:

Mitri (07-06-2021)

Ugh, I just read this and got excited...realized it was from the prior injury lol
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

On an up note, they've matched their season high at four games over .500. Here's to hoping it goes better from here than the last time they got to four game over .500.
    Didn’t they start 6-1?

21. Likes:

Ron Madden (07-06-2021)

Did we? That was a long time ago. I amend my statement to since we went four over a few weeks ago and then things went henky.

Everytime i read a box score that Osich pitches in I wonder how the Reds signed an ostrich and did PETA object?

I lurk everyday folks and I work for tips.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

24. Likes:

membengal (07-06-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Everytime i read a box score that Osich pitches in I wonder how the Reds signed an ostrich and did PETA object?

I lurk everyday folks and I work for tips.
    Great. Don't go out in the rain without an umbrella.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

26. Likes:

TRF (07-06-2021)

Turn Off Ads?