Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gray to 10 Day DL

Gray to 10 Day DL

If they put him on the 10 Day DL today, we could replace him immediately with Diehl in the bullpen. I say Diehl because he is on the 40, is lefty and is a reliever. When it's Gray's turn in rotation they can bring up Santillan and send down Diehl (or maybe someone else not performing if Diehl does ok).

In essence Bell gets his 14th pitcher for a few days, we get a look at Diehl as a lefty option and we get to see Santillan in the bigs. Once Santillan pitches assuming things look good for Gray, you could make another move for a few days till Gray is activated.

No 40 roster moves required.

I kinda want to see that. I'm afraid we'll get the "we think he gonna be ready. Oops, he's not quite ready" thing.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 06-09-2021 at 03:09 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Gray to 10 Day DL

Cincinnati Reds
    @Reds
    The #Reds today placed on the 10-day injured list RHP Sonny Gray (right groin strain) and recalled from Triple-A Louisville RHP Art Warren.

Well, they called up Art Warren again.

So while I was typing that they put Gray on 10 Day DL and brought up Warren. I'd have rather seen Diehl but Warren was probably my second choice.

If Gray is on target to be back in 10 days, sent out Santillan and bring up Diehl for 4 or 5 days. Bell gets his 14th pitcher for a few more days. Warren first then Diehl, or Diehl first then Warren. Same/same.

Blah Jeezus....Should have been Santillan or worst case Diehl...BUT NO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Doug made a great point over at Redleg Nation that Warren has had one bad outing this year. Take that one outing away, and his numbers are pretty good.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

9. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-09-2021)

I have little problem with Warren. Like I said it doesn't matter if you do Diehl/Warren or Warren/Diehl

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    It would have been really dumb to bring up Santillan today. You can't pitch him till Saturday. That's when you bring him up. By bringing him up Saturday you get an extra bullpen arm for 3 days.

12. Likes:

Griffey012 (06-09-2021),KeefeCato (06-09-2021),Old school 1983 (06-09-2021),Ron Madden (06-09-2021),Tom Servo (06-09-2021)

Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__
    David Bell’s “best guess” for a timetable for Sonny Gray is missing two starts.

Obviously, the Reds will now need a starter to take Gray’s place in the starting rotation. That will likely come closer to that game (Sunday June 13).

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Doug made a great point over at Redleg Nation that Warren has had one bad outing this year. Take that one outing away, and his numbers are pretty good.
    His AAA numbers are pretty great this year. He also pitched 2 scoreless innings in the Colorado series. Seems like the right addition.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

15. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-09-2021)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    RHP Tony Santillan and RHP Riley O'Brien are the top options at Triple-A Louisville to go into the rotation with Sonny Gray on the 10-day injured list.

17. Likes:

KeefeCato (06-09-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Charlie Goldsmith
    @CharlieG__
    David Bell’s “best guess” for a timetable for Sonny Gray is missing two starts.

Obviously, the Reds will now need a starter to take Gray’s place in the starting rotation. That will likely come closer to that game (Sunday June 13).
    So he’ll miss the next 2 years while they attempt to reconstruct his heel that spontaneously combusted somehow. Got it.

19. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-09-2021),Tom Servo (06-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    If they put him on the 10 Day DL today, we could replace him immediately with Diehl in the bullpen. I say Diehl because he is on the 40, is lefty and is a reliever. When it's Gray's turn in rotation they can bring up Santillan and send down Diehl (or maybe someone else not performing if Diehl does ok).
    Diehl is not on the 40 man roster. He passed through waivers when he was DFA'd and then went to AAA.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Well, they called up Art Warren again.
    So it is Art of the Warren instead of Art of the Diehl.

22. Likes:

757690 (06-09-2021),RED VAN HOT (06-09-2021),SomeCallMeTim (06-09-2021)

Turn Off Ads?