Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Santillan to start Sunday

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Santillan to start Sunday

C. Trent Rosecrans
    @ctrent

The Reds aren’t going to fill Antone’s roster spot tonight. RHP Tony Santillan will start Sunday.
    11:58am · 11 Jun 2021
    C. Trent Rosecrans
    @ctrent

Tony Santillan, 24, is 1-3 with a 2.51 ERA in 6 starts at Triple-A Louisville. He has 45 strikeouts and 12 walks in 32.1 innings. It will be his big-league debut.
    12:00pm · 11 Jun 2021
    Go get 'em, Tony!
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Likes:

Bob Sheed (06-11-2021),DocRed (06-11-2021),GAC (06-12-2021),mbgrayson (06-11-2021),Ron Madden (06-11-2021),Tom Servo (06-11-2021),Tuff Nut (06-12-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Santillan to start Sunday

I have fallen behind on threads and missed a few games.
    What's going on with Antone? Is he going on the DL? Or did I just read the post wrong?
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I have fallen behind on threads and missed a few games.
    What's going on with Antone? Is he going on the DL? Or did I just read the post wrong?
    IL - “right forearm inflammation”
    What would you say.....ya do here?

6. Likes:

REDREAD (06-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    IL - “right forearm inflammation”
    Thanks for the update.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Anxious to see Santillan get a shot. I wonder if we are playing short Saturday also?
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

bout damn time

10. Likes:

Bob Sheed (06-11-2021)

Hoping he shows well. I’d advocate for a six-man rotation when Gray comes back - but that would take a roster spot away from the bullpen... and that’s not gonna work.

Good to see Santillan get the shot, he's more intriguing now that he's throwing hard again. Hopefully he follows suit of Gutierrez and does well.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

13. Likes:

Gallen5862 (06-12-2021),Ron Madden (06-11-2021),Tuff Nut (06-12-2021)

I know I’m just dreaming but with any luck Gray misses just one start and then Santillan goes to the BP and becomes Antone 2.0 with the real thing coming back strong after a short stint on the IL. Also, sometime in the next week or two Lorenzen joins the pen and dominates. Of course the Reds are going to need complete games from all the starters while all of this unfolds.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan9988 View Post
    Hoping he shows well. I’d advocate for a six-man rotation when Gray comes back - but that would take a roster spot away from the bullpen... and that’s not gonna work.
    Some teams are going to the 6 man. Brewers have all season.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan9988 View Post
    If Lorenzen is back, you can take the spot away from the bench. Lorenzen is at least as good in the OF as Payton or Heineman.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Here is for a scintillating Sunday for Santillan. I’m psyched!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    If Lorenzen is back, you can take the spot away from the bench. Lorenzen is at least as good in the OF as Payton or Heineman.
    But I read that Lorenzen wasn't due back till post-all star break though.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

If in the second half Reds have -

Gray, Miley, Mahle, Castillo, Vlad, Santillan, Antone, Lorenzen, Sims, Garrett, Hendrix all healthy and fairly effective, that would be a step up for the pitching staff.

Then you only have two spots of 13 open on the staff. Doolittle and the others could fill them, can rotate or whatever to get decent performances from last guys.

Of course, having so many healthy and effective at the same time isn’t that likely. Includes guys who have been injured, several rookies, and a couple of disappointments. But that staff would have a better chance - even before any further additions.
    Last edited by Kc61; 06-12-2021 at 08:48 AM.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

I’m very interested in seeing him pitch.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

21. Likes:

REDREAD (06-13-2021)

Turn Off Ads?