Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wade Miley is having a better season than Trevor Bauer. Discuss

Re: Wade Miley is having a better season than Trevor Bauer. Discuss

Reds front office is the worst, but in this case letting him walk makes sense due to the arms they have coming in next year. Actually the club did well with Miley, where they missed was with DeSclafani and Gausman. Even if they signed those guys and had abundance of arms they could have used that abundance for trades to strengthen the team. Miley option will not be picked up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

It’s still way too early to make declarative statements one way or the other about picking up his option. Certainly no reason to do an extension with the option available. If Miley does end up having a good season over 150+ innings it would be colossally stupid to turn it down—at the very least, pick up the option and then use him as trade bait…

4. Likes:

Kinsm (06-12-2021),mth123 (06-13-2021)

15th best FIP in baseball, signed to an easy option. Besties with the pitching coach. Clubhouse and fan favorite.

Yeah, Reds will have enough pitching next year. Hope they decline that option and spread the cash to investors.

6. Likes:

HokieRed (06-12-2021),JFLegal (06-12-2021),mth123 (06-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by zigbeenuthouse View Post
    Reds front office is the worst, but in this case letting him walk makes sense due to the arms they have coming in next year. Actually the club did well with Miley, where they missed was with DeSclafani and Gausman. Even if they signed those guys and had abundance of arms they could have used that abundance for trades to strengthen the team. Miley option will not be picked up.
    The arms they have coming in next year? You can never count on too many starting pitchers. Never.

8. Likes:

BillDoran (06-12-2021),Chip R (06-16-2021),HokieRed (06-12-2021),RiverRat13 (06-13-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Not having veteran arms around and just turning the rotation over to guys like Reed and Finnegan and etc probably contributed in part to those guys never getting a chance to develop like they should have, I hope they don’t repeat that with Greene and Lodolo. Miley is a probably at least a competent pitcher next year, they’ll need a guy like that to pitch a good chunk of innings.

10. Likes:

mth123 (06-13-2021),Tom Servo (06-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    15th best FIP in baseball, signed to an easy option. Besties with the pitching coach. Clubhouse and fan favorite.

Yeah, Reds will have enough pitching next year. Hope they decline that option and spread the cash to investors.
    very few get your outstanding sarcasm. but the smart people will.

I was grilling tonight during the game.... Came inside and thought to myself, 'Sweet Fancy Moses! I didn't know Moose was back?!?!?!'

Then I realized it was Wade Miley in the batters box. Did this happen to anyone else? There are some stance similarities - and Miley was raking tonight.
    Last edited by mgbrown66; 06-12-2021 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    It would be phenomenally stupid for a team to let go of its best pitcher over a season just for 9 mil, so of course the cheapskate ass Reds will probably end up doing it.
    Never a better time to sell high on him. Though, there shouldn't be any expectation for the Reds FO to do that unless they are quite a few games below .500 a month from now.

14. Likes:

mth123 (06-13-2021),Thisyear (06-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    It will be a test of management's willingness to create pitching depth. Miley's option is for $10 million. They will have at least Castillo, Gray, Mahle, Gutierrez, Santillan, O'Brien, Lodolo, and Greene to chose from. Additionally, Antone and Hoffman may contend. They will probably be tempted to let Miley go and save the $9 million. IMO, that would be foolish.
    They can invoke the option and if those other guys all seem ready and healthy, trade him next Spring for something pretty good IMO. If the bullpen sinks the season by the deadline, do that this summer. Probably gonna need a RF and middle of the order bat.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Reds available group to start next season would include Castillo, Mahle, Vlad, Santillan, Antone, Greene and Lodolo.

I can’t imagine Reds will pay both Miley and Gray to swell that group to 9. Maybe one sticks around, but not both.
    Last edited by Kc61; 06-13-2021 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    It would probably make sense to post the stats instead of a dot to troll. I don't know what stats you are looking at, but they are very similar or Bauer has the edge.
    Wade Miley G11
    W-L 6-4
    ERA 2.92
    IP 61.2
    SO 51
    WHIP 1.12
    Trevor Bauer
    G 14
    W-L 6-5
    ERA 2.64
    IP. 88.2
    SO. 111
    WHIP .95

Bauer has the better era, whip, k9/9h. He makes way to much money and Miley has pitched great but exactly what stats show Miley having a better year.
    Last edited by Thisyear; 06-13-2021 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    trevor might have a "was cheating" issue.
    You know Miley is involved in those very same "rumors."

Quote Originally Posted by Thisyear View Post
    It would probably make sense to post the stats instead of a dot to troll. I don't know what stats you are looking at, but they are very similar or Bauer has the edge.
    Wade Miley G11
    W-L 6-4
    ERA 2.92
    IP 61.2
    SO 51
    WHIP 1.12
    Trevor Bauer
    G 14
    W-L 6-5
    ERA 2.64
    IP. 88.2
    SO. 111
    WHIP .95

Bauer has the better era, whip, k9/9h. He wakes way to much money and Miley has pitched great but exactly what stats show Miley having a better year.
    To be fair, Miley does have a 1.7 fWAR and Trevor is at 1.4.

Miley would probably be that much better pitching half his games at Dodger Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Reds available group to start next season would include Castillo, Mahle, Vlad, Santillan, Antone, Greene and Lodolo.

I can’t imagine Reds will pay both Miley and Gray to swell that group to 9. Maybe one sticks around, but not both.
    My guess is they will trade one of Castillo or Gray.

21. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (06-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    My guess is they will trade one of Castillo or Gray.
    And honestly Santillan and Vlad profile much better as relievers than they do starters, current run of success be damned. And the bullpen needs them there.

Also makes a lot of assumptions about the Reds willingness to move Antone out of the bullpen.

Turn Off Ads?