Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wade Miley is having a better season than Trevor Bauer. Discuss

Re: Wade Miley is having a better season than Trevor Bauer. Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by Thisyear View Post
    I doubt it. Bauer pitched fairly well here last year. I like what Miley is doing but come on if you can't go by actual stats and use fwaR which I believe to be garbage, it is clear who is having the better season.
    "show me a stat where miley is having a better year than bauer."

*is shown a stat that shows where miley is having a better year than bauer*

"well, i don't count that stat. and pitching in great american small park is just the same as pitching at dodger stadium."

[in all seriousness, i do not expect wade miley to outperform trevor bauer all season. but i do find it interesting that thus far, he's arguably been a better pitcher in 2021 than bauer and all those bags of cash.]

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Bauer got rocked again last night. This time by the lowly Rangers.

I watched most of it. His control was poor. Not hitting his spots. Even wild at times.

We all know why, I assume?
    for sure we know why. bauer was by far the most outspoken pitcher when it came to "spin rates." now MLB has cracked down on illegal substances, his spin rate is down and his performance is way down. doesn't take a rocket surgeon or heart scientist to know what's going on here.

bauer was also very outspoken about the astros cheating. if he was cheating (and it sure looks like he was) he looks like a massive fraud.

but hey, he did win the only cy young in reds' history, albeit in a season that was 40% of a usual season. but i will always appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisyear View Post
    You know Miley is involved in those very same "rumors."
    Apparently, that is irrelevant on this board, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    for sure we know why. bauer was by far the most outspoken pitcher when it came to "spin rates." now MLB has cracked down on illegal substances, his spin rate is down and his performance is way down. doesn't take a rocket surgeon or heart scientist to know what's going on here.

bauer was also very outspoken about the astros cheating. if he was cheating (and it sure looks like he was) he looks like a massive fraud.

but hey, he did win the only cy young in reds' history, albeit in a season that was 40% of a usual season. but i will always appreciate that.
    Bauer complained to MLB about pitchers increasing their spin rates with foreign substances, said it was as bad as steroids and that he could increase his spin rate substantially if he used a sticky substance.

Rob Manfred and MLB ignored Bauers warnings.

Bauer used the sticky substance and won the Cy Young Award. Only then did Manfred decide to crack down on the use of illegal substances.

Bauer has always been critical of Manfred.
    Manfreds actions might be driven just as much on revenge as what's good for the game.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 06-15-2021 at 01:24 PM.

6. Likes:

Bob Sheed (06-15-2021),Griffey012 (06-15-2021),HammerTime (06-16-2021),JFLegal (06-15-2021),RED VAN HOT (06-15-2021),Thisyear (06-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Bauer complained to MLB about pitchers increasing their spin rates with foreign substances, said it was as bad as steroids and that he could increase his spin rate substantially if he used a sticky substance.

Rob Manfred and MLB ignored Bauers warnings.

Bauer used the sticky substance and won the Cy Young Award. Only then did Manfred decide to crack down on the use of illegal substances.

Bauer has always been critical of Manfred.
    Manfreds actions might be driven just as much on revenge as what's good for the game.
    ahh, did not know that. thank you for the correction, ron.

8. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-16-2021)

"show me a stat where miley is having a better year than bauer."

*is shown a stat that shows where miley is having a better year than bauer*

"well, i don't count that stat. and pitching in great american small park is just the same as pitching at dodger stadium."

[in all seriousness, i do not expect wade miley to outperform trevor bauer all season. but i do find it interesting that thus far, he's arguably been a better pitcher in 2021 than bauer and all those bags of cash.]
    Yeah all the pitching stats he is better. WAR is extremely flawed and I don't value its opinion at all. I just thought it was funny you made that statement when Bauers stats are clearly better. I love what Miley is doing, I just don't think he is as valuable Bauer money not included. Wade Miley is a ground ball pitcher so the park doesn't matter. By the way Bauer won a cy young pitching in GABP.
    Last edited by Thisyear; 06-16-2021 at 02:08 PM.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

very few get your outstanding sarcasm. but the smart people will.
    And apparently some of the less smart ones, like me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

this wasn't exactly what i had in mind when starting this thread, but miley is now going to have a better season than bauer by far.

Bauer seems to be crushing Miley in the all important “punched buttocks” statistic.

#PBar

Turn Off Ads?