Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Payton optioned, Senzel to 60, Aquino activated

Re: Payton optioned, Senzel to 60, Aquino activated

Quote Originally Posted by Puig Your Red View Post
    Suarez could be the worst defensive SS ever and he’s still a no brainer over Kyle Farmer
    I agree, just to be clear, but I think they need to get an actual big league SS instead of playing either there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    They realize that the offensive addition of Suarez more than makes up for his defense.
    The guy batting .170?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Payton optioned to make room for Santillan

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    I feel like the Senzel news is kind of a development, I feel like last I’d heard they were still saying maybe a month or so for his return
    Trent Rosecrans @ctrent

Nick Senzel is eligible to be activated from the 60-day IL on July 17. The Reds had been saying he would be ready to return from his knee inflammation (and surgery) after the All-Star break. The team's first game back from the All-Star break is July 16.

IMO Reds have been a better team since Farmer took over as primary shortstop. The infield defense with Farmer/India up the middle seems much better. Someday, with Barrero at short, they’ll look even better.

When Moose returns, they will use Suarez at short. He gets the big bucks and has more power. But I’m not sure Reds will be a better team for it.
    Last edited by Kc61; 06-13-2021 at 06:54 PM.

5. Likes:

757690 (06-13-2021),RED VAN HOT (06-13-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    IMO Reds have been a better team since Farmer took over as primary shortstop. The infield defense with Farmer/India up the middle is much better. Someday, with Barrero at short, they’ll look even better.

When Moose returns, they will use Suarez at short. He gets the big bucks and has more power. But I’m not sure Reds will be a better team for it.
    Suarez is worse at SS than 3B but he’s not very good at 3B these days so you might as well put him at SS so that Moose can play.

I’m still hoping Barrero is playing short come August-ish.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

7. Likes:

TRF (06-14-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Suarez is worse at SS than 3B but he’s not very good at 3B these days so you might as well put him at SS so that Moose can play.

I’m still hoping Barrero is playing short come August-ish.
    Suarez will play shorstop when Moose returns. But I don’t necessarily agree with this rationale.

Shortstop is a more important defensive position than third; and Suarez is weaker at short than at third. So defensively it’s not a wash, the team defense is worse with Suarez at shortstop compared to Suarez at third base.

Mark Sheldon, reds.com
    Aquino's role in OF 'will work itself out'
    Now that outfielder Aristides Aquino is back on the Reds' roster , the fundamental question is easy. Where does Aquino fit for playing time?

“He’s handled the role before. But I always see it as ‘it will work itself out.’ He has to stay ready,” manager David Bell said of Aquino. “There’s days he will get starts. I haven’t made a lineup for the next couple days, but we have a couple left-handers coming up. He might get a start there. He’ll come off the bench a lot. He’s going to get big at-bats off the bench if he’s not starting games.

"He can run, he’s a good defender. That makes it easier to get him in. We have such a long way to go that things will happen and he’ll get his opportunity.”

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Small sample, but Suarez is .269/.367/.577/.944 over the past 8 games (30 PA)
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

11. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-14-2021),TRF (06-14-2021),VR (06-14-2021)

Nick Senzel (knee) played catch Thursday, Charlie Goldsmith of The Cincinnati Enquirer reports.

The 25-year-old isn't expected to return to major-league games until after the All-Star break since he continues to recover from left knee surgery, but it was encouraging to see him participate in some baseball activity Thursday.
    https://www.cbssports.com

Turn Off Ads?