Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracking the Reds tough schedule until the trade deadline

Re: Tracking the Reds tough schedule until the trade deadline

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    So here's the next 42 games for the Reds.. A pretty brutal schedule through the trade deadline.
    I'm guessing this part of the year is going to either put us into contention or bury us. I see only 6 easy
    games. As of today, we are 5 behind the Cubs and Brewers. I figure to have a chance to win the division, we
    are going to have to go at least 24-18.. Maybe even better, since there's two teams ahead of us. Maybe, just maybe that prods the front office to get us some relief pitching at the deadline. Maybe not.. but that record
    likely at least keeps us relevant.. If we only go 500 (21-21), most likely, either Chicago or Milwaukee widens the gap. So I'm going to use this thread to track our progress.. Comments are welcome. Hopefully we see progress up the standings

Note: I realize that technically, the Aug 1 game is after the deadline, but I didn't want to chop a series off.

Jun 14-16 : 3 at Brewers
    Jun 17-20: 4 at Padres
    Jun 21-22: 2 at Twins (hopefully easy)
    Jun 23: off day
    Jun 24-27: 4 vs Braves at home
    Jun 28: 1 vs Phillies at home (hopefully easy)
    Jun 29- Jul 1: 3 vs Padres at home
    July 2- Jul 4: 3 at home vs Cubs
    July 5 - Jul 7 : 3 at Royals (hopefully easy)
    July 8- Jul 11: 4 at Brewers
    All star break
    July 16-18: 3 at home vs Brewers
    July 19-21: 3 vs Mets at home
    July 23-25: 3 at home vs Cardinals
    July 26-28: 3 at Cubs
    July 30- Aug 1: 3 at Mets
    Yes July is brutal. August is not bad. But as you know the Reds vs. any A.L. team never seems easy. Bonus though if healthy the Reds should have a really good DH. In years past that has not always been the case.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (06-15-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Bobby Nightengale @nightengalejr
    Reds pitchers didn't give up a hit after the 2nd inning in their 10-2 win over the Brewers. They've won 11 of their last 14 games.
    Lance McAlister @LanceMcAlister
    Reds bullpen last four games:
    12.1 IN
    2 R
    4 H
    3 BB
    21 K

5. Likes:

Edd Roush (06-15-2021),KeefeCato (06-15-2021),REDREAD (06-15-2021)

Off to a great start, 2-0 vs the Brewers.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

7. Likes:

Captain Hook (06-16-2021)

On to San Diego, I hear Ron Burgundy will be announcing the games this weekend.

Jun 14-16 : 3 at Brewers - 3-0
    Jun 17-20: 4 at Padres
    Jun 21-22: 2 at Twins (hopefully easy)
    Jun 23: off day
    Jun 24-27: 4 vs Braves at home
    Jun 28: 1 vs Phillies at home (hopefully easy)
    Jun 29- Jul 1: 3 vs Padres at home
    July 2- Jul 4: 3 at home vs Cubs
    July 5 - Jul 7 : 3 at Royals (hopefully easy)
    July 8- Jul 11: 4 at Brewers
    All star break
    July 16-18: 3 at home vs Brewers
    July 19-21: 3 vs Mets at home
    July 23-25: 3 at home vs Cardinals
    July 26-28: 3 at Cubs
    July 30- Aug 1: 3 at Mets

9. Likes:

REDREAD (06-17-2021)

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

The Brewers have great pitching, but their lineup is quite bad. Their RD us zero, same as us.

The Cards are an average team, with a really bad RD.

The Cubs are the best team in the division, and the only one with a decent RD.

We can compete against this division. We’ve played our best baseball against the Central.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Likes:

REDREAD (06-17-2021),Tom Servo (06-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    The Brewers have great pitching, but their lineup is quite bad. Their RD us zero, same as us.

The Cards are an average team, with a really bad RD.

The Cubs are the best team in the division, and the only one with a decent RD.

We can compete against this division. We’ve played our best baseball against the Central.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I still don't like the Cubs pitching. They had to send our old friend Robert Stock out the bump today for the start. I think their rotation is thin and their bullpen is gonna regress some unless Andrew Chafin, Rex Brothers, and Dan Winkler are just really, really good now.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

13. Likes:

Griffey012 (06-20-2021)

I think with the road sweeps of both the Cardinals and Brewers over the last couple weeks shows the Reds can compete and win against at least 2 of their 3 division rivals. Frankly, if you can't at least hold your own against quality teams you shouldn't even think about competing for the playoffs. This team has some really good output from rookies like India, Stephenson, Vlad, and Antone. Winker & Cast are having MVP type years. They may end up splitting votes costing either one of them a chance.

San Diego looks like they are slumping and we may be catching them at the right time. I'd be good with a split and 2 of 3 in Minnesota. That'd be a 7-2 roadtrip. Very doable now after the Brewers sweep. If they continue to get healthier in the bullpen with returns of Lorenzen, Hoffman, and probably Santillan when Gray gets back (if he doesn't go to pen). Antone should be back soon as well.

There's a lot of positives right now. It feels good being able to type out so many good vibey things going on for the Reds right now!

15. Likes:

REDREAD (06-17-2021)

Biggest development is Castillo starting to look like himself again. I still don't think he's quite at his dominant peak, but hopefully that comes. If he gets on a roll like he has in years past and gives you 3 months of 6-7 inning starts with an ERA around 2 the Reds will be in it for sure. That's assuming Gray comes back healthy.

Over the long haul give me good starting pitching. Castillo, Gray, Mahle and Miley I''m all pretty confident in. If instead of dealing for a bullpen arm you deal for Scherzer I wouldn't complain either.

17. Likes:

REDREAD (06-18-2021)

So... full disclosure - I’m a bit worried about the rest of this trip. Last night was simultaneously a celebration of how different this team is from the last few years, and a punch in the gut that creates the fear that this bullpen is never going to be able to consistently hold leads. I’m pleased that they showed such fight, fire, and patience in the top of the 9th... but the other team is trying to win too and that’s how it goes. We will learn a lot about this team based on how they respond tonight. They’re on the west coast (which has often been unkind), in the middle of a long road trip, and start rookies the next two games. This is sub-optimal. Hopefully, this team really is different and last night is just a bump in an otherwise smooth road to contention.

Hot take - we must bench Suarez. No one in AA or AAA has been able to get Alejo Lopez out all year. His numbers are absurd. With Moose out indefinitely, we need to call Lopez up and give him a chance to play some 3B. I very much doubt he’ll do worse than Suarez. And if he does, Moose will hopefully be back by early July. I feel the same way about Kyle Farmer - but at least he plays an adequate SS. I’m fine with bringing Barerro up as well. I suspect we are saving these bullets for when the team stops winning with such regularity.

19. Likes:

REDREAD (06-18-2021)

Still doing great, despite the heartbreaker last night.. Hopefully we can even it up with the Padres today

Jun 14-16 : 3 at Brewers 3-0
    Jun 17-20: 4 at Padres 0-1

Total: 3-1
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Good news, as of this point, we are still only 3 out of first in the Central.

Jun 17-20: 4 at Padres 0-3

Total: 3-3

thank god, that's over. We should do much better against the Twins.
    4 games out, back at .500, in 4th place.

Jun 17-20: 4 at Padres 0-4

Total: 3-4

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    thank god, that's over. We should do much better against the Twins.
    4 games out, back at .500, in 4th place.

Jun 17-20: 4 at Padres 0-4

Total: 3-4
    Funny how I think people would feel significantly better if you moved one of those Brewers wins into the Padres series even though the overall record remains the same.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

24. Likes:

CaiGuy (06-21-2021),REDREAD (06-20-2021)

Back to being tied for 3rd after the Cards lost the second game of their double header.

All in all, that was one of the least damaging 4 game sweeps that they could have possibly had.

26. Likes:

757690 (06-20-2021),REDREAD (06-20-2021)

I watched a total of like 45 minutes this weekend. All on Thursday night. It was obviously going to be a 4 game sweep since the schedule was released. Need to sweep Minnesota.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?