Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2021 All-Star Voting

2021 All-Star Voting

Bobby Nightengale @nightengalejr
    In the first All-Star Game voting update, Nick Castellanos (568K) and Jesse Winker (462K) rank 2nd and 3rd among NL outfielders. Ronald Acuña Jr. (834K) leads the OFs.

For reference, Mookie Betts has 400K votes. No other outfielder with more than 200K
    all vote totals here:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Reds/stat...79235016826883
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 06-14-2021 at 01:36 PM.

2. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-29-2021),goreds2 (06-14-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2021 All-Star Voting

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Might take some work to hold off Betts, a big fan base like LA can make it close but thankfully he hasn't been giving them much reason to do so.

5. Likes:

adkindo (06-15-2021)

If Winker and Castellanos win the fan vote, I expect MLB to suspend them from the game for taunting the Cardinals by getting more votes than their OF’ers, and of course Molina and Wainwright will replace them on the roster.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

7. Likes:

bounty37h (06-14-2021),CarolinaRedleg (06-21-2021),Edd Roush (06-14-2021),goreds2 (06-14-2021),Jim (06-21-2021),mth123 (06-14-2021),NebraskaRed (06-14-2021),Rojo Rijo (06-14-2021),Ron Madden (06-14-2021)

They call me "chef"

Are the Reds allowed to have more than 1 representative? I thought ESPN ruled that this was illegal.

9. Likes:

Mitri (06-14-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Are the Reds allowed to have more than 1 representative? I thought ESPN ruled that this was illegal.
    The last time the Reds had only one representative was 2009 (Francisco Cordero).
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

11. Likes:

goreds2 (06-14-2021),Ron Madden (06-15-2021)

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    The last time the Reds had only one representative was 2009 (Francisco Cordero).
    I also checked and ESPN does not have any jurisdiction over the rules of the All Star game. I had my facts wrong.

13. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-21-2021),Big Klu (06-14-2021),Ironman92 (06-14-2021)

Good for them…they’ll be there snd if they continue raking they’ll be in starting batting order

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    If Winker and Castellanos win the fan vote, I expect MLB to suspend them from the game for taunting the Cardinals by getting more votes than their OF’ers, and of course Molina and Wainwright will replace them on the roster.
    Or more then likely just alter the vote totals like they have done in the past.
    Go Gators!

They are both locks to be on the team, but if LA gets hot, I think Winker may have a hard time holding off Betts for the starting role. Right now, Dodger fans are not very excited about their team because they expected to have a much better record, but if they roll off 8ish wins in a row, they will become much more interested....and that interest will likely result in votes from a massive market.

If you think about it, it would be pretty amazing for the Reds in a market like Cincinnati to have 2 OF's in the top 4 with a .500ish record.

I think at this point, they deserve a duo nickname. Like when McGwire and Canseco in the late 80's, broadcasters would always reference when pitchers had to get through the Bash Brothers in the next inning.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

17. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (06-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    They are both locks to be on the team, but if LA gets hot, I think Winker may have a hard time holding off Betts for the starting role. Right now, Dodger fans are not very excited about their team because they expected to have a much better record, but if they roll off 8ish wins in a row, they will become much more interested....and that interest will likely result in votes from a massive market.

If you think about it, it would be pretty amazing for the Reds in a market like Cincinnati to have 2 OF's in the top 4 with a .500ish record.

I think at this point, they deserve a duo nickname. Like when McGwire and Canseco in the late 80's, broadcasters would always reference when pitchers had to get through the Bash Brothers in the next inning.
    Thanks to Buster leaving them out of his MVP question they are being referred to as "The Other Guys", which is also a hilarious movie. If either one of them hits a HR and then screams "I'm a Peacock you gotta let me fly!!!" I will be a fan forever.

19. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-21-2021)

Bobby Nightengale
    @nightengalejr
    Nick Castellanos and Jesse Winker remain in 2nd and 3rd place for All-Star voting among NL outfielders. The vote totals will reset when it moves to the finalists phase next week.

21. Likes:

Bob Sheed (06-21-2021),cumberlandreds (06-21-2021)

The final Phase 1 results will be announced on Sunday at noon ET on the 2021 Google MLB All-Star Ballot Finalists Show on MLB Network. Phase 2 will last for four days, concluding on Thursday, July 1, at 2 p.m. ET. Later that night, the starting teams will be announced at 9 p.m. ET on the 2021 Google MLB All-Star Starters Reveal on ESPN.

The top three vote getters at each position, plus the top nine outfielders, in each league will advance to the second phase of the voting, which will ultimately determine the starters for this year’s All-Star Game at Coors Field in Denver. (Fan voting determines the starters at first base, second base, third base, shortstop, catcher and the three outfield spots in each league, plus the designated hitter spot in the AL. Pitchers and reserves for both teams will be determined through a combination of Player Ballot choices and selections made by the Commissioner’s Office.)

The final Phase 1 results will be announced on Sunday at noon ET on the 2021 Google MLB All-Star Ballot Finalists Show on MLB Network. Phase 2 will last for four days, concluding on Thursday, July 1, at 2 p.m. ET. Later that night, the starting teams will be announced at 9 p.m. ET on the 2021 Google MLB All-Star Starters Reveal on ESPN.

Remember, the vote tallies reset after Phase 1, so just because a player has a sizable lead at his position now doesn’t necessarily mean he’ll end up as the starter when Phase 2 is done.

I have been voting for them everyday. Don't know if Winker will hold on or not. But at worst they both will make the team and I imagine get at least one AB.

24. Likes:

goreds2 (06-22-2021)

If Castellanos locks in a starting All Star spot, I think that will be one more thing that may lead him to staying in Cincinnati for a couple more years. He seems to be loving playing for the Reds, and his numbers @ Great American are silly. Maybe it will be enough to not chase a few extra dollars this offseason.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

If he keeps this up it won't be a few extra dollars, it will be a crap load more.
    Go Gators!

27. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (06-29-2021)

Turn Off Ads?