Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gray and Castillo

Re: Gray and Castillo

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I think OP couldve proposed the same thought but just stated "No one would have thought this team would be 2 games over .500 with Gray and Castillo performing well below expectations".
    Yeah it may not be the most exceptionally articulated argument or point but it's not invalid. Now, as Kc said, except for the injuries Gray has actually been decent. But I think take any team, any fan base, and if you're going to tell them their top 2 starting pitchers are going to have that kind of record, your default might be to think, "just how buried in the basement of the division are we".

2. Likes:

REDREAD (06-27-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I can’t argue with that. Sonny’s been out twice now. But the W-L argument reflected on his performance, which IMO has been fine, reasonably as expected.
    Agreed

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

It will be interesting at the end of the year to see where Sonny and Luis are in the W-L dept. as compared to the Reds record.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

It at least appears that Castillo is past his slump and ready to regain the #1 mantle. Going into the summer stretch with a front four of Castillo/Gray/Mahle/Miley is going to win this team a lot of games.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

7. Likes:

RiverfrontRed (06-16-2021),Ron Madden (06-16-2021),wlf WV (06-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    It will be interesting at the end of the year to see where Sonny and Luis are in the W-L dept. as compared to the Reds record.
    Castillo seems to have found himself (warmer weather?). Once Gray is healthy i'd prefer he go to Louisville until he feels normal. Things are going very well with our current rotation, I see no reason to bump anyone right now.

Castillo seems to have found himself (warmer weather?). Once Gray is healthy i'd prefer he go to Louisville until he feels normal. Things are going very well with our current rotation, I see no reason to bump anyone right now.
    Outside perhaps a rehab start, Gray is not going to Louisville.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Tom
    @Haudricourt
    Counsell on Luis Castillo: "You’d work a count to 3-2 and he’d put a pitch right on the corner. It was a good pitching performance. It looks like he’s getting a little more dialed-in. He’s a good pitcher. He’s been a good pitcher in our division for a while now."

11. Likes:

Assembly Hall (06-16-2021),RED VAN HOT (06-16-2021),REDREAD (06-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Outside perhaps a rehab start, Gray is not going to Louisville.
    Well that's what I mean, though I'd like to see more than 1 rehab start. I wasn't suggesting he be demoted. If he's going to help this team he needs to be able to locate. His stuff has been there he's just struggled at times with location. I see no issue getting him a few rehab starts to get his stuff right and get his pitch count up.

This is why you don't give up on a guy who has a track record of success in the majors. You just don't willy nilly send these guys to the minors for struggling like some would have liked.

14. Likes:

Griffey012 (06-16-2021)

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Yeah, I can't lay my finger on Luis...but he does seem to have it turned around and going in the right direction.

Gray went 3 innings tonight for Louisville.

17. Likes:

JFLegal (06-26-2021),Ron Madden (06-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    3 scoreless innings.

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I really hope AG Slater was there to see it.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

20. Likes:

NebraskaRed (06-26-2021),REDREAD (06-27-2021),Ron Madden (06-26-2021),The Operator (06-26-2021),Tom Servo (06-26-2021),WildcatFan (06-30-2021),Wonderful Monds (06-26-2021)

Cincinnati Reds @Reds

Luis Castillo's 5 starts in June:

31.2 IP
    1.71 ERA
    32 K

22. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-26-2021)

Thank god Hoffman didn’t come back earlier and bump him from the rotation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

24. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-26-2021)

Turn Off Ads?