Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: John Sadak

Re: John Sadak

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    II think maybe we should let the guy grow into the job. He's funny, self deprecating. He asks questions that provide info from the color guy (BTW, I love this approach) to better educate casual fans. Like Front door, back door pitches. There are people that do not know the terminology. There are people that can become better fans of the game with knowledge. He gets that out to the fans in a very friendly manner.
    He seems like a nice guy, but I've given him over 100 games. He has improved, but man, he's like that annoying guy that sits next to you at work, nice guy, but he's loud and never shuts up even when he has nothing to say. You just get tired of coming to work every day and having to listen to him.. I think if they permanently added Lecure with Sadak and either Welsh or Larkin (Welsh preferred), it would help a lot. I agree that Larkin isn't a great announcer either. He's obviously a bright guy and knows a lot about the game, but he's too quiet, which is a bad combination with a chatterbox like Sadak, who feels compelled to fill in every second of sound.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Likes:

Huntman (09-20-2021),MR X (08-21-2021),OGB (08-22-2021),RollyInRaleigh (08-18-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bm1475 View Post
    If we're bringing up Steve Stewart, let's have a moment of reflection on how, during his farewell season, Marty was still dragging Steve for showing up late to a Spring Training game fifteen years prior. Let me someday be that petty yet still beloved.
    Yep, Marty was one of the pettiest men alive.. That one manager (Showalter) said something about Tom, I don't even remember what it was, Marty had a lifetime grudge against him for rest of his life, and was constantly dragging him down.
    I'm not sure what Drew Stubbs did to Marty to get on his permanent "enemy" list, but that season where we had to hear that Stubbs lead the league in strikeouts before EVERY at bat Stubbs had got old.
    In fact, just the other day, they were trying to raise money for the community fund, they had Marty on TV, Marty had to route the conversation over to all the great things Marty has done.. The Marty golf tournament, etc.. I am so glad that blowhard is gone.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

5. Likes:

bm1475 (08-18-2021)

The best Reds announcer ever, and it's not even a close second is:

Having a surround sound system with the center speaker disconnected.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

7. Likes:

goreds2 (08-22-2021),REDREAD (08-18-2021),wally post (08-19-2021)

Haunted by walks

https://twitter.com/johnsadak/status...53430120148993

John Sadak
    @johnsadak

Hello, my friends! So, I had an accident running yesterday & suffered breaks in my elbows. Thank goodness, Dr. Kremchek has taken great care of me & I plan to return Tuesday. Thank you for your kindness & to Jim Day/our awesome crew for being fabulous friends/teammates. #GoReds

John Sadak
    @johnsadak

Hello, my friends! So, I had an accident running yesterday & suffered breaks in my elbows. Thank goodness, Dr. Kremchek has taken great care of me & I plan to return Tuesday. Thank you for your kindness & to Jim Day/our awesome crew for being fabulous friends/teammates. #GoReds
    Best Wishes for a speedy recovery

10. Likes:

Big Klu (08-21-2021),CaiGuy (08-21-2021),cumberlandreds (08-22-2021),goreds2 (08-22-2021),mth123 (08-22-2021),redsfan9988 (08-21-2021),RedsfaninMT (08-21-2021),Roy Tucker (08-21-2021),TRF (08-25-2021),wally post (08-22-2021),wlf WV (08-23-2021)

Breaking your elbow has to be awful.

12. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-22-2021),goreds2 (08-22-2021),GullyFoyle (08-21-2021),MR X (08-21-2021),Roy Tucker (08-22-2021)

I enjoy Sadak and Tommy Thrall. They both bring a lot of enthusiasm and energy to the game. I also really enjoy Jum Day. That guy is hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes:

goreds2 (08-22-2021),Ron Madden (08-21-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Titanicstruggle View Post
    I enjoy Sadak and Tommy Thrall. They both bring a lot of enthusiasm and energy to the game. I also really enjoy Jum Day. That guy is hilarious!

I haven’t had a chance to listen to Thrall much, but I’ve heard good things.

As for Sadak - first and foremost - speedy recovery, bro. I don’t especially enjoy his particular brand of play-by-play, but if my alternative is Thom, I say Sadak FTW. Id take 15 years of Sadak over two weeks of Thom.

And his post mentioned elbows which sounds like the most annoying/inconvenient thing ever, or close to it. If he can’t bend either arm…

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Breaking your elbow has to be awful.

17. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-21-2021)

I am a huge Sadak fan. His humor is relatable to me. But we are about the same age and we played similar video games as kids. Waaaay better than Thom and I don't really like Jim Day's pbp. He calls baseball's bad boys and says baby a lot. I can't really pinpoint what it is I don't like about Day's pbp I just don't like it.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

I wish Sadak a speedy recovery.

With that said, I thought Larkin was better with Day. At least on Saturday. I felt more enthusiasm from Barry and I also thought his analysis and stories were better. I don't mind Day. He's not my favorite and he is unconventional, but he seems to get better the more games he calls.

20. Likes:

REDREAD (08-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan9988 View Post
    I haven’t had a chance to listen to Thrall much, but I’ve heard good things.

As for Sadak - first and foremost - speedy recovery, bro. I don’t especially enjoy his particular brand of play-by-play, but if my alternative is Thom, I say Sadak FTW. Id take 15 years of Sadak over two weeks of Thom.
    I would highly recommend listening to Thrall and Brantley. They are really good together. I synched the radio broadcast in with MLBTV. Welsh was with Thrall this weekend and worked very well with him too. I hope the Reds can keep Thrall around for a long time. I do expect him rise in the ranks of broadcasters quickly though.

Man breaking your elbow has to be awful. Or would that be your funny bone? Best of luck and a speedy recovery to Sadak.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

22. Likes:

REDREAD (08-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I would highly recommend listening to Thrall and Brantley. They are really good together. I synched the radio broadcast in with MLBTV. Welsh was with Thrall this weekend and worked very well with him too. I hope the Reds can keep Thrall around for a long time. I do expect him rise in the ranks of broadcasters quickly though.

Man breaking your elbow has to be awful. Or would that be your funny bone? Best of luck and a speedy recovery to Sadak.
    FYI - For the first time MLBtv lets you replace the tv broadcast audio with the radio play-by-play in app. I used to synchronize it manually and of course this is much easier though not always perfect.

I’ve enjoy John’s work when he is with Chris or Jeff … the Marlin series was all radio broadcast.

24. Likes:

wlf WV (08-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by GullyFoyle View Post
    FYI - For the first time MLBtv lets you replace the tv broadcast audio with the radio play-by-play in app. I used to synchronize it manually and of course this is much easier though not always perfect.

I’ve enjoy John’s work when he is with Chris or Jeff … the Marlin series was all radio broadcast.
    How do you do that with MLBtv?

John Sadak

Quote Originally Posted by RollyInRaleigh View Post
    How do you do that with MLBtv?

It is in different places depending on the app … I generally use AppleTV but I see it on the phone and tablet app too. Just go to the audio feed while watching the game and there should be a new option labeled “radio”.

On the phone/tablet it’s hidden under the tv icon in the corner.

edit: it only appears while the game is being played, won’t be there for pre or post game.
    Last edited by GullyFoyle; 08-22-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Turn Off Ads?