Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: John Sadak

Re: John Sadak

How do you synchronize manually? Isn't the radio ahead of the tv?

2. Likes:

WVKing304 (08-24-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RollyInRaleigh View Post
    How do you do that with MLBtv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I only see that option when I watch on a computer via a browser

John Sadak

Manually : Whichever broadcast is ahead (tv or radio via streaming), pause it when someone gets a hit or the ball hits the catcher’s mitt … wait for the corresponding sounds on the second broadcast and then unpause. Usually takes a time or two to get it perfect.

John Sadak

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I only see that option when I watch on a computer via a browser
    I just checked on the Dodgers game and it was there on my iPhone… upper right corner … “under” tv icon.

7. Likes:

westofyou (08-22-2021)

(sorry for being off-topic)

AppleTV:

9. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-22-2021),KronoRed (08-23-2021),Revering4Blue (08-22-2021),westofyou (08-22-2021)

Totally on topic

11. Likes:

757690 (08-22-2021),goreds2 (08-24-2021),GullyFoyle (08-23-2021),reds44 (08-24-2021),Revering4Blue (08-22-2021)

Here's a nice article all about John Sadak and his unfortunate
    accident.
    Reds TV announcer John Sadak broke bones in both elbows from a fall while jogging through his neighborhood Friday.

After missing the weekend Reds-Marlins telecasts, announcer John Sadak says he'll be back on the air Tuesday for the Reds' games against the first-place Milwaukee Brewers.

Sadak broke bones in both elbows running in his subdivision Friday afternoon.

"I’ve got a brace on my left arm, and a sling in the other, which is good because I'm right-handed," says Sadak, 42, who's doing his first season for the Reds on the Bally Sports channel. Announcer Jim Day filled in on play-by-play through Sunday.

Sadak, the former CBS Sports, Westwood One and longtime minor-league baseball announcer hired in February to replace Thom Brennaman, considers himself lucky.

"No surgery. No pins. No cast," he says.

When Sadak went out for a run in his Warren County subdivision Friday, he took a different route than the one he's gone 20 times before. He tripped over an elevated edge of sidewalk and fell forward onto the pavement.

Statistician Joel Luckhaupt, who lives close by, will drive Sadak to Cincinnati, from where TV road games are broadcast. Luckhaupt has volunteered to carry Sadak's bulging bag containing a laptop, notebooks and other materials.

"It's as heavy as a bowling bag, and I can't lift anything," Sadak says.

It could have been much worse. If he had a more physically demanding job, Sadak would have ended up on the disabled list. He's confident he'll resume working Tuesday.

"I'm a 42-year-old guy who just has to watch a (TV) monitor and talk about it," he says.

Sadak will get by, with the help of his new Ohio friends. He told me before the season he hopes to be the Reds TV announcer "for the rest of my working life." He doesn't plan on moving again.

"I think we (my family) are in a perfect place. So many people are being so helpful," he says. "There's good to come from everything."
    https://www.wvxu.org/media/2021-08-2...ports-tv-kiese

13. Likes:

goreds2 (08-24-2021),Norm Chortleton (08-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by GullyFoyle View Post
    FYI - For the first time MLBtv lets you replace the tv broadcast audio with the radio play-by-play in app. I used to synchronize it manually and of course this is much easier though not always perfect.

I’ve enjoy John’s work when he is with Chris or Jeff … the Marlin series was all radio broadcast.
    I agree.
    May the Lord bless

I watch on a Roku TV...it gives me video and audio options but I don’t think they cross over.

The interface looks the same on the Roku, I'd be surprised if you didn't have the same functionality ... keep in mind the additional audio feed won't show until after the game has started.

edit: well, it looks like the radio feed is up early today ...
    Last edited by GullyFoyle; 08-24-2021 at 07:46 PM.

Sadak’s injuries appear as if they might put a damper on his “social life” if u catch my drift.

Quote Originally Posted by GullyFoyle View Post
    The interface looks the same on the Roku, I'd be surprised if you didn't have the same functionality ... keep in mind the additional audio feed won't show until after the game has started.

edit: well, it looks like the radio feed is up early today ...
    I can listen to the radio feed but it doesn’t give me the option of watching while listening to the radio feed.

"Statistician Joel Luckhaupt, who lives close by, will drive Sadak to Cincinnati, from where TV road games are broadcast. Luckhaupt has volunteered to carry Sadak's bulging bag... "

I know Joel is probably a good friend and all but that's just going way too damned far.

20. Likes:

Chip R (08-27-2021),Huntman (09-20-2021),Joeyjection19 (08-25-2021),Tom Servo (08-24-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Here's a nice article all about John Sadak and his unfortunate
    accident.

https://www.wvxu.org/media/2021-08-2...ports-tv-kiese
    Sadak lives five minutes from me, I'm going to see him getting gas UDF or something, its going to happen.
    Last edited by sdwagers; 08-25-2021 at 12:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    Sadak lives five minutes from me, I'm to see him getting gas UDF or something, its going to happen.
    He'll be buying a malt one day and leafing through the Wheeler Dealer and you can sidle up to him and say... "I really like your sock game John."

23. Likes:

REDREAD (08-26-2021)

Turn Off Ads?