Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: John Sadak

Re: John Sadak

I love it. I hate boring PBP guys like Kelch and Bad Boy Steve Stewart. I feel like for years the Reds tried to make their next PBP one of those types, and have figured out people want personality out of the PBP.

2. Likes:

757690 (06-17-2021),M2 (06-17-2021),Tom Servo (06-17-2021),wlf WV (06-17-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Back off the excitement level a notch and pronounce names as if you were born in Ohio.
    Cinsuh-Natuh

Nurk

BER-Lin

Zeen-yuh

Lie-muh, home of the beans

Schwarbertown

Quote Originally Posted by DonutBoy View Post
    Played a lot of video games with my son when he was young and Sadak's enthusiasm reminds me of one of those announcers. For the life of me I can't remember which baseball game it was but we would say a lot of "can of corn" and "swing and a miss" and Sadak's inflection on the latter is pretty dead on. He used it an awful lot last night.

Overall he's like a breath of fresh air. I don't get an impending feeling of doom when he's calling the game.
    MLB '99 ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    I think we’d all be majorly pumped if this was our first big league broadcasting gig. I wonder during the ugly games if he ever asks himself what he got himself into.
    What revealed Sadak's mindset to me was when he was interviewing Krall during the first homestand. Krall started off by asking Sadak how he was, and Sadak replied, "Well, I'm sitting here in the TV booth, calling a major league game for Cincinnati Reds talking to their General Manager. I'd say I'm doing awesome!"
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

7. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-17-2021),wlf WV (06-17-2021)

I mean, he's still calling half his games looking at a bunch of TV screens.

Not surprising that he's a little off on fly balls, esp on road games.

9. Likes:

wlf WV (06-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Smokey View Post
    I mean, he's still calling half his games looking at a bunch of TV screens.

Not surprising that he's a little off on fly balls, esp on road games.
    He needs to get better at it, it's cheaper to keep all the guys at home so that will be the new norm going forward.
    Last edited by KronoRed; 06-17-2021 at 06:03 PM.
    Go Gators!

11. Likes:

REDREAD (06-17-2021)

I know this isn't about the radio announcers, but yesterday was one of the few times I actually listened instead of watching on TV...just the bottom of the 9th on the drive home. Thrall's excitement and inflection on the final strike was perfect. You could practically feel his joy through the radio.

13. Likes:

cumberlandreds (06-17-2021),NebraskaRed (06-17-2021),wally post (06-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    I know this isn't about the radio announcers, but yesterday was one of the few times I actually listened instead of watching on TV...just the bottom of the 9th on the drive home. Thrall's excitement and inflection on the final strike was perfect. You could practically feel his joy through the radio.
    I listen to the radio a lot and I really like the chemistry in the radio booth. It's a nice banter, about baseball almost exclusively and that is pleasurable listen

15. Likes:

RedCanuck (06-18-2021),Ron Madden (06-17-2021),Roy Tucker (06-17-2021),Tom Servo (06-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Joeyjection19 View Post
    He wasn't born in Ohio.
    When he pronounces hispanic names he makes a point to use Spanish pronunciation. I speak a little Spanish and know how they are pronounced but he is over the top and a little cringey about it.

17. Likes:

919191 (06-18-2021),REDREAD (06-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by udee79 View Post
    When he pronounces hispanic names he makes a point to use Spanish pronunciation. I speak a little Spanish and know how they are pronounced but he is over the top and a little cringey about it.
    I think it's good that he's trying to pronounce them correctly.

19. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-17-2021),757690 (06-17-2021),alwaysawarrior (06-18-2021),Joeyjection19 (06-17-2021),Ron Madden (06-17-2021),Tom Servo (06-17-2021),WildcatFan (06-18-2021)

Sardek Interview gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Like others have said, he's light years better than Thom, and that's all I wanted.
    Literally his only positive is that he’s not as miserable as Thom. He’s pretty terrible across the board otherwise. Horrid cadence, can’t judge a fly ball, gets excited about the smallest thing, yells too much, talks too much. Overall he’s pretty terrible lol. If you ever wanted to hear Barney the dinosaur announce your favorite team, he’s your guy.

Thrall is excellent though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

22. Likes:

Huntman (06-25-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I listen to the radio a lot and I really like the chemistry in the radio booth. It's a nice banter, about baseball almost exclusively and that is pleasurable listen
    I think Tommy Thrall is the best play by play announcer out of the whole bunch.

I like John Sadack, I think he's just being himself and I like that.

24. Likes:

RiverRat13 (06-17-2021),westofyou (06-17-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Puig Your Red View Post
    Literally his only positive is that he’s not as miserable as Thom. He’s pretty terrible across the board otherwise. Horrid cadence, can’t judge a fly ball, gets excited about the smallest thing, yells too much, talks too much. Overall he’s pretty terrible lol. If you ever wanted to hear Barney the dinosaur announce your favorite team, he’s your guy.

Thrall is excellent though.
    I would legitimately enjoy hearing Barney call a game.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I would legitimately enjoy hearing Barney call a game.
    Then Sadak is your guy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Turn Off Ads?