Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 225

Thread: John Sadak

  1. #31
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Venice
    Posts
    27,591

    Re: John Sadak

    Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I think it's good that he's trying to pronounce them correctly.
    Sadak said he has been working with Suarez on the correct pronunciation of the Latino player’s names, and admitted he’s new to it.
    Thatís why weíre playing, bro

  2. Likes:

    NebraskaRed (06-17-2021)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    22

    Re: John Sadak

    Overall, I like Sadak. I told myself I wouldn't complain about him at all this year anyway. I hated listening to Thom so much that I viewed anything as an upgrade. Sadak seems to love baseball and works hard to be informed. Those are two big pluses over Thom in my book.

    With that said, I get the feeling that his chemistry with Chris Welsh in particular isn't there yet. I can't tell if Welsh thinks Sadak is stepping on his toes sometimes or what, but there have been a few awkward conversations between the two. The other day when Sims was pitching and was a bit off to start, Sadak mentioned something about his grip. Welsh tried to correct him and say it had more to do with something else (I forgot exactly what he said) but Sadak basically brought up the point that Sims had talked about fixing the grip on one of his pitches. I just get the vibe that Welsh feels territorial as the former MLB pitcher and maybe turns his nose up at Sadak since he never played at that level. I'm not really saying either guy is in the wrong. Just seems like some tension but maybe I'm reading into it wrong.

  5. #33
    Winning is fun. RiverRat13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,634

    Re: John Sadak

    Thrall is a star in the making. Wouldn't be surprised if his tenure is more AL Michaels than Marty Brennaman.

  6. Likes:

    Ron Madden (06-17-2021)

  7. #34
    Member reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    29,448

    Re: John Sadak

    Quote Originally Posted by dsterry View Post
    Overall, I like Sadak. I told myself I wouldn't complain about him at all this year anyway. I hated listening to Thom so much that I viewed anything as an upgrade. Sadak seems to love baseball and works hard to be informed. Those are two big pluses over Thom in my book.

    With that said, I get the feeling that his chemistry with Chris Welsh in particular isn't there yet. I can't tell if Welsh thinks Sadak is stepping on his toes sometimes or what, but there have been a few awkward conversations between the two. The other day when Sims was pitching and was a bit off to start, Sadak mentioned something about his grip. Welsh tried to correct him and say it had more to do with something else (I forgot exactly what he said) but Sadak basically brought up the point that Sims had talked about fixing the grip on one of his pitches. I just get the vibe that Welsh feels territorial as the former MLB pitcher and maybe turns his nose up at Sadak since he never played at that level. I'm not really saying either guy is in the wrong. Just seems like some tension but maybe I'm reading into it wrong.
    Itís because Sadak talks too much and his constant need to fill air leads him to say dumb stuff lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

  8. Likes:

    Huntman (06-25-2021),RedCanuck (06-18-2021)

  9. #35
    Member RollyInRaleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Posts
    15,361

    John Sadak

    Iím in the minority. Heís like nails on the chalkboard for me. Minor league announcer calling major league games. I think heís awful.

    I like Thrall. Really good play by play guy. I like Brantley, Welsh, and Larkin. Iíd not be unhappy to see Sadak gone tomorrow...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. Likes:

    Huntman (06-25-2021),malcontent (07-16-2021),TNRED (06-18-2021)

  11. #36
    Haunted by walks
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Syracuse
    Posts
    9,543

    Re: John Sadak

    We do have our preferences. I like Bob Uecker as a great guy for baseball, but I just can’t get into his play-by-play. It’s too staccato, too start and stop. But that’s just me.

  12. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,340

    Re: John Sadak

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Thrall is a star in the making. Wouldn't be surprised if his tenure is more AL Michaels than Marty Brennaman.
    interesting. i will take you word for it. i have heard him often, but it's always in short spurts. (beer run while game is on, etc.) always seems very vanilla to me. somewhat boring. but like i said, i have never listened to him announce an entire game, because i only hear him in bits and pieces. i like him, but i never was thinking "this is a future superstar broadcaster." could be wrong though.

  13. Likes:

    TexasRedsFan (06-18-2021)

  14. #38
    Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Big Stone Gap, Va.
    Posts
    830

    Re: John Sadak

    For the first time, I’m not a fan of the tv broadcast. I miss the days of George Grande and Chris Welsh, I’ve been using the 700 WLW audio overlay on MLB.TV
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

  15. Likes:

    KronoRed (06-18-2021),RollyInRaleigh (06-18-2021)

  16. #39
    Member Kilgore_Trout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Columbus
    Posts
    400

    Re: John Sadak

    I like Sadak. I don't think he's great, but he calls a solid game. And honestly, his over-excitement or over-anticipation of what often turns out to be a relatively routine flyball doesn't bother me all that much. Hell, I do it all the time. I do cringe at times when he opines on things like "the humanity of the game" or whatever. Like, I get it, but I'm in my underwear with a beer in my hand, dude. I'm comfortable and enjoying myself, but not really feeling warm and fuzzy with "shared emotion" or whatever the hell you're singing about.

    I see plenty of Thrall fans, and I like that for him. Regardless of whether he ever grows on me, I hope he has a nice long career here. He seems well-liked. But I just don't really care for him.
    I've got my pride, I drink my wine

  17. #40
    Playoff Veteran sdwagers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Liberty Township, OH
    Posts
    1,665

    Re: John Sadak

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    For the first time, I’m not a fan of the tv broadcast. I miss the days of George Grande and Chris Welsh, I’ve been using the 700 WLW audio overlay on MLB.TV
    "Hi, Hello, How are you".... ugh.... sorry Grande and his "Smiling Side of the Scoreboard" was painful for many. He made a pretty bad 93 Reds season even worse with Gordy Colema.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore_Trout View Post
    I like Sadak. I don't think he's great, but he calls a solid game. And honestly, his over-excitement or over-anticipation of what often turns out to be a relatively routine flyball doesn't bother me all that much. Hell, I do it all the time. I do cringe at times when he opines on things like "the humanity of the game" or whatever. Like, I get it, but I'm in my underwear with a beer in my hand, dude. I'm comfortable and enjoying myself, but not really feeling warm and fuzzy with "shared emotion" or whatever the hell you're singing about.

    I see plenty of Thrall fans, and I like that for him. Regardless of whether he ever grows on me, I hope he has a nice long career here. He seems well-liked. But I just don't really care for him.
    Sadek is a grateful and relatable guy. The Reds will keep him as long as he wants to be here.

    Thrall wasn't exactly exciting people when he got his gig either. Now he gets rave reviews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

  18. Likes:

    JFLegal (06-18-2021)

  19. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,340

    Re: John Sadak

    Quote Originally Posted by sdwagers View Post
    "Hi, Hello, How are you".... ugh.... sorry Grande and his "Smiling Side of the Scoreboard" was painful for many. He made a pretty bad 93 Reds season even worse with Gordy Colema.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Sadek is a grateful and relatable guy. The Reds will keep him as long as he wants to be here.

    Thrall wasn't exactly exciting people when he got his gig either. Now he gets rave reviews.
    yes, give me sadak over george grande for sure. sadak is an outsider who has quickly embraced "rooting" for the reds. grande always gave off the vibe he couldn't care less if the reds won or not. but he told plenty of boring stories about the opposing team's third base coach. "geno ten-AH-chee!" when talking about gene tenace. he would get more excited about that kind of stuff than he would when a reds' player hit a home run.

  20. #42
    Playoff Veteran sdwagers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Liberty Township, OH
    Posts
    1,665

    Re: John Sadak

    Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    yes, give me sadak over george grande for sure. sadak is an outsider who has quickly embraced "rooting" for the reds. grande always gave off the vibe he couldn't care less if the reds won or not. but he told plenty of boring stories about the opposing team's third base coach. "geno ten-AH-chee!" when talking about gene tenace. he would get more excited about that kind of stuff than he would when a reds' player hit a home run.
    Grande was a known Cardinals fan.

    The most excited call he ever made was "Ronnie Gant does it again" for the 95 squad. Even that became cliche'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

  21. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,057

    Re: John Sadak

    Grande's call on Griffey's 500th home run was so bad he should've retired on the spot. Seconds after the call he should've taken off his headset without saying another word, left the both, took the elevator down to the concourse level, left through Gate A leading to the parking garage. He should've gotten into his rental car, and driven to the St Louis Arch. Bought a ticket to go to the top, and while at the top should've pondered his life, and where he went so wrong.

  22. Likes:

    JFLegal (06-20-2021)

  23. #44
    Member RollyInRaleigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Posts
    15,361

    Re: John Sadak

    Waite Hoyt, Jim McIntyre, Al Michaels, Charlie Jones, Marty Brennaman, Joe Nuxhall...John Sadak is a clown in comparison...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. Likes:

    Huntman (06-25-2021)

  25. #45
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    15,678

    Re: John Sadak

    Thrall and Brantley are both fantastic.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  26. Likes:

    Bob Sheed (06-19-2021),cumberlandreds (06-19-2021),Huntman (06-25-2021),Thisyear (06-18-2021)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator