Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds Minor League Game Thread for Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Reds Minor League Game Thread for Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Louisville - 8:05 PM EDT - 12-24 - Riding a 6-game losing streak, Louisville will send out Reiver Sanmartin (4.60) to play the role of 'The Stopper'. He actually has a 2.41 ERA, if you include his "Nooga stats. Sanmartin has yet to be rocked by the longball this season. My money is on the skid being stopped. Mike Moustakas went 1-3 in his first rehab start, a single. Depressing Stats Dept. - Louisville hitting statistics: Runs - last. Hits - last. Home runs - last. Runs batted in - last. Batting average - next to last. Slugging percentage - last. OPS - last. Interestingly enough, they have struck out the fewest times in the league. Tim Adleman has been activated. In 13 games, Alejo Lopez is getting on base at a .518 clip. He also leads all minor leaguers with 56 hits. Yowza! Someone was inquiring a couple of days ago, Hunter Greene will sport the number 79 on his uniform.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Minor League Game Thread for Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Chattanooga - 7:05 PM EDT - 21-15 - Chattanooga jumped back onto the right track with a 5-3 win last night. Ricky Salinas (4.61) will try to engineer a two-game winning streak for the Lookouts. He has made 3 starts for Chattanooga since being bumped up a level. During those 3 starts, he has struck out 21 opposing hitters in just 13.2 innings on the mound. That works out to a 13.8 K/9. Alexis Diaz is back on the active roster. He is taking the place of Nick Lodolo, who is on the 7-day IL for blisters. Rumor has it that he is awaiting a package from Moises Alou, that is said to help with this condition. That has not been confirmed. Here is an interesting fact from the league. It is about Pensacola, and not Chattanooga. Pensacola has played 37 games, 30 of which have come against teams over .500. That is one tough stretch. They have been doing more than well at 22-15. Our old friend, Keyvius Sampson, is playing for Birmingham. Jose Barrero currently leads the league with a .330 batting average. Leonardo Rivas is first in OBP at .417. Nick Lodolo sits atop the league in ERA at 0.90.

4. Likes:

RED VAN HOT (06-16-2021)

Dayton - 7:05 PM EDT - 21-16 - Dayton continued their comeback ways last night against Fort Wayne. Trailing 4-1 going into the bottom of the 9th, the Dragons struck for 4 runs to pull out a 5-4 victory. Noah Davis (3.93) garners the starting assignment tonight for Dayton. Dayton has 3 starters in the top 11 in strikeouts: Ashcraft is 3rd with 48. Davis is 8th at 44. Salazar is 11th with 40. Dragons pitchers are doing a little headhunting in '21 as they are second in the league in hit batsmen with 32. Quick note: Delvin Zinn has stolen 22 bases without being caught. Yikes! Michael Siani may be young for High-A baseball, but he cannot hit a lick. How does a .190 BA and a .257 SLG sound? Not good. Why does the Dayton Dragons webpage on MILB.com feature a picture of Tyler Mahle still? Jacob Hurtubise has an OPS of .768. No other regularly-playing Dragon has an OPS over .700. Jacob Hurtubise never homered in high school, college or so far in the minors. From DaytonDailyNews:
    “His offensive game is so unique to the game that’s being played today,” said CJ Gillman, the Cincinnati Reds’ minor league hitting coordinator. “He owns his game better than really anyone I’ve ever seen. He doesn’t try to do anything that isn’t one of his immediate strengths.”
    Jose Tello was activated. Bren Spillane was moved from the Active List to the Developmental List. What is the Developmental List?
    A player on the Developmental List counts against the in-season minor league 180-man Domestic Reserve List (or MLB 40-man roster if the player is on Optional Assignment), but he does not count against the minor league club's Active List roster. A player is paid by the MLB club while he is on the Developmental List.

Daytona - 5:30 PM EDT - 15-21 - Dayton will play two today. Kinda. The first game will be the continuation of Tuesday night's game, which was suspended in the 4th inning with the Tortugas leading 3-2. The regularly scheduled game will start 30 minutes after the completion of the suspended game, and will be a 7-inning affair. It is Belly Buster Wednesday, so with the extra innings being played, some waistlines are going to take a beating. They are changing the after-game promotion from 'Run the Bases' to 'Roll the Bases'.* Stevie Branche (2.45) will toe the rubber at the commencement of the suspended game. James 'Doctor' Proctor (1.88) will give it a go in the nightcap. Proctor has struck out 40 over 28.2 innings. He has yet to allow a home run, and is limiting opposing hitters to a .165 batting average. Wendell Marrero will have a 7-game hitting string on the line in the second game tonight. There is a good chance that Hayden Shenefield will make his second appearance as a Reds farmhand tonight. That is going to be an interesting follow. Shenefield was signed on May 31st, and made his first appearance on June 12th. That is amazing, considering, as far as I can tell, he had not played anywhere in 2021.

*That may or may not be made up.

Given his age, I assume if he has success Shenfield will move to Dayton quickly.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

8. Likes:

texasdave (06-16-2021)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Given his age, I assume if he has success Shenfield will move to Dayton quickly.
    Coincidentally, back in the day, I moved from Dayton quickly.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

10. Likes:

OGB (06-17-2021),RiverRat13 (06-16-2021),texasdave (06-16-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Coincidentally, back in the day, I moved from Dayton quickly.
    Haven't lived there since 71, but visit periodically. It's gone downhill a lot.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Daytona - Stevie Branche is roughed up for 4 runs in the top of the 5th as the 'Tugas fall behind 6-3. But, not to worry. The first 7 batters for Daytona in the bottom of the inning reach base safely. Tortugas lead 7-6, bases loaded and nobody out.

Update: Austin Hendrick is a little rusty since coming back from being injured. He is now 0 for 10, with 5 strike outs. Also, the Palm Beach rightfielder has erased 2 Turtles on the basepaths.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-16-2021 at 07:03 PM.

Josh VanMeter might not be able to hit in the majors, but AAA is no problem. In 16 games since being sent down, his line: .370/.539/.759/1.299.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Haven't lived there since 71, but visit periodically. It's gone downhill a lot.
    I left in 92. I know. Mom lives there so I'm back to visit occasionally. But I'll be damned if I ever live there again.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Chattanooga - Chattanooga jumps ahead 2-0 in the top of the third. Wilson Garcia launched a solo shot (2). Jose Barrero then singled, went to second on a balk, scooted to third on a wild pitch and rode home on a Lorenzo Cedrola base hit.

Dayton - The Dragons get on the scoreboard first with a lone tally in the home half of the second. Jose Tello, just activated, singles to center. A Michael Siani double moves him over to third. Miguel Hernandez lifts a sac fly to bring Tello home. 1-0 Dayton.

Daytona Suspended Game Recap - Exciting finish to this suspended game. Palm Beach scored twice in the top of the 9th to take an 8-7 lead. Daytona ties it up with a run in the bottom half of the inning to make it 8-8. Palm Beach scores one clown baseball run in the top of the 10th to eek ahead 9-8. Daytona answers with two clown baseball runs to walk off 10-9 winners.

Brett Lockwood was the star on the mound with 3 scoreless innings of relief.
    Jake Gozzo gave up an unearned run in the top of the 10th.
    Vincent Tampanelli blew his first save on the season.

Ivan Johnson reached base 4 times - single, doubl, and 2 walks.
    Michel Triana - 2 doubles.
    Garrett Wolforth - 2 singles.
    Daniel Vellojin also reached base 4 times - 2 singles, walk and a game-tying solo shot (2) in the bottom of the 9th.
    Wendell Marrero - single, walk, hbp.
    Gus Steiger stretched his hitting streak to 9 games with a single, He also had 2 walks.

Chattanooga - The Lookouts, behind the excellent pitching by Ricky Salinas, are leading 3-0 in the 7th.

Ricky hurled 6 scoreless frames. The bullpen is taking over.

Chuckie Robinson doubled, went to third on a single by Brian Rey and came home on ground ball fielder's choice off the bat of Wilson Garcia.

Louisville - I had a feeling that Louisville was gonna smack some heads together tonight. They lead 6-3 in the bottom of the 4th.

Mark Payton has homered (1) and has collected another hit. Narciso Crook, Logan Morrison and Dwight Smith, Jr. all have 2 hits apiece.

Mike Moustakas is not in the lineup.

Turn Off Ads?