Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds Minor League Game Thread for Thursday, June 17, 2021

Re: Reds Minor League Game Thread for Thursday, June 17, 2021

Louisville - It has been feast or famine for Hunter through 4 innings. 4 solo shots and 8 Ks. Louisville trails 4-1.

Beau Taylor doubled home Brantley Bell for the Bats marker.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Chattanooga - The Lookouts once led this game by a score of 6-1. Distant memories. They now trail trail 9-6, as the pitching has been a mess to say the least.

Dayton Recap - Two runs usually will not get the job done, but it's a team needs with Graham Ashcraft around. Dragons prevail 2-zip.

Graham Ashcraft - 5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 7 K. ERA is down to 2.33.
    Spencer Stockton was replaced in the starting rotation. Outings similar to this one will have him back in it. 3 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K.
    Pedro Garcia works a 1-2-3 ninth to pick up his second save.

Jacob Hurtubise singled twice, but got caught stealing both times.
    Jose Tello launched a solo shot (2).
    Victor Ruiz tripled and drew a free pass.

Daytona - Daytona seems to be following Chattanooga's lead, turning a 6-4 advantage into a 10-6 deficit.

The pitching stunk, including Mr. Reddit. Shenefield coughed up 6 runs in 2 innings. OUCH!

The offense has fallen silent. They have drawn 3 walks in the 6th, so, fingers crossed. A wild pitch brings the 'Tugas one run closer. They now have 4 walks in the inning, to reload the bases. My kingdom for a hit.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-17-2021 at 09:45 PM.

Louisville - It's now 5-1 in Omaha's favor. Jose De Leon has worked an inning and given up a solo shot.

Hunter Greene's night is over: 4 IP. 4 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 1 BB, 8 K, 4 HR. Topped out at 104!

Bell was HBP, and moved to 3rd on a double off the bat of Dwight Smith, Jr. Sac flies by Rodriguez and Taylor get Louisville back within 2 runs at 5-3.

Phillip Diehl is replacing De Leon on the mound.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-17-2021 at 10:00 PM.

There will be better days for Hunter, the strikeouts are very nice. And thankfully his next start should be at home and not in what is seemingly the AAA East version of Coors.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Chattanooga - The Smokies have scored in 6 straight innings. Not good.

Alexis Diaz, recently activated, gave up an unearned run on an infield single, stolen base, stolen base and wild throw. 11-6 Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    There will be better days for Hunter, the strikeouts are very nice. And thankfully his next start should be at home and not in what is seemingly the AAA East version of Coors.
    8 Ks to 1 BB. This was a fine day for Hunter, frankly.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Louisville - Tim Adleman is pitching for the first time since May 12th. And he allows a run to make it 6-3.

5 homers hit by Omaha. Funny how Louisville hasn't been able to lose one in the slipstream.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-17-2021 at 10:19 PM.

Daytona - Daytona has tied it up with 3 runs in the bottom of the 7th.

Rafael Franco walks. Steiger singles and both runners move up 90 feet on an errant throw. Ivan Johnson doubles both home, and then dances home himself on a Leonardo Seminati base hit. 10-10 with 7 in the books.

That tie didn't last long. One out into the top of the 8th, and Palm Beach is up 11-10, and threatening for more

Note: Palm Beach pitcher, Ludwin Jimenez, had an interesting outing. He did not allow a hit in 3.2 IP. He did, however, walk 6 and fan 7.

The bullpen limits the damage. 11-10 Daytona trails as the action heads into the bottom of the 8th.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-17-2021 at 10:31 PM.

Isn’t Hunter Greene the youngest player in AAA at this point? I thought I read somewhere that while at AA, he did not face any hitter who was younger than him.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Louisville - The Bats threaten seriously in the top of the 8th, loading the bases with 2 down. Narciso Crook pinch hits, and it's GM, GA and GN. Rally over.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Isn’t Hunter Greene the youngest player in AAA at this point? I thought I read somewhere that while at AA, he did not face any hitter who was younger than him.
    You are correct in that he did not face any batters younger than him in AA. He is one of the youngest players in AAA. But, not the youngest. That would be Wander Franco.

Chattanooga Recap - Tennessee scored for the 7th straight inning. They lead a lot to not enough (13-7). And the beatings have ended in Knoxville for the night.

If you pitched for Chattanooga tonight, you gave up runs. Enough said about that.

Jose Barrero singled, walked and hit a sac fly.
    Lorenzo Cedrola singled, homered (3), drove home 3 runs and threw a runner out at second.
    Chuckie Robinson singled twice and stole a base (1).
    TJ Hopkins singled and walked.
    Jay Schuyler singled, walked and threw a runner out at home.
    Robbie Tenerowicz singled and got hit by a pitch.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-17-2021 at 10:49 PM.

Daytona - As the game enters the 9th, Daytona has walked 11 times so far tonight, while striking out 15 times.

Note: Ivan Johnson had an automatic strike called on him, for not getting into the batter's box in a timely manner.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-17-2021 at 11:02 PM.

Turn Off Ads?