Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Garrett has got to go

Re: Garrett has got to go

Nah. Let's be real. We had a miracle 9th inning against SD on the road to pull a game seemingly out of our arse and who did Bell go to in the closeout inning? Hendrix and Garrett. Hendrix deserves as much blame as Amir. They both gave up 2-Run bombs. One tied, one lost the game.

I thought this was an AWESOME game for the Reds. They showed sac to come back in the ninth and when India hit that bomb my buddies and I erupted like I haven't seen in a LONG time. It's just fun to watch these guys. After COVID and all the BS I just appreciate having a fun team to root for.

This game just reaffirmed how we need to redo our bullpen: I'm hoping Antone and Lorenzen come back and provide some stability and if the Reds are in the hunt late August that Greene comes in as a late season hammer.
    Last edited by herbdizzle; 06-18-2021 at 12:48 AM.

2. Likes:

757690 (06-18-2021),Griffey012 (06-18-2021),Roy Tucker (06-18-2021),wlf WV (06-18-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Pitched well?

0 IP 2 H 2 ER 1 HR

He’s hittable, regardless of location.
    I said if you watched the game and you present a line score. The exact opposite of watching the game.

He was throwing strikes, his slider was moving, but he gave up two unlucky hits, one a homer on a good 0-2 pitch. It happens.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbdizzle View Post
    Nah. Let's be real. We had a miracle 9th inning against SD on the road to pull a game seemingly out of our arse and who did Bell go to in the closeout inning? Hendrix and Garrett. Hendrix deserves as much blame as Amir. They both gave up 2-Run bombs. One tied, one lost the game.

I thought this was an AWESOME game for the Reds. They showed sac to come back in the ninth and when India hit that bomb my buddies and I erupted like I haven't seen in a LONG time. It's just fun to watch these guys. After COVID and all the BS I just appreciate having a fun team to root for.
    I agree, Hendrix does also suck lol

6. Likes:

757690 (06-18-2021),herbdizzle (06-18-2021),Tom Servo (06-18-2021),wlf WV (06-18-2021)

This game just reaffirmed how we need to redo our bullpen: I'm hoping Antone and Lorenzen come back and provide some stability and if the Reds are in the hunt late August that Greene comes in as a late season hammer.
    I don't disagree at all. I just don't think Garrett should be a part of this entertaining team anymore because he only hurts them. Hendrix belongs in low leverage exclusively, I've never been sold on him.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I said if you watched the game and you present a line score. The exact opposite of watching the game.

He was throwing strikes, his slider was moving, but he gave up two unlucky hits, one a homer on a good 0-2 pitch. It happens.
    I think, no what what your opinion is watching the game on your television, that AG’s pitches are easy to square up.

Now granted that’s my opinion.

Just as it’s your opinion that he pitched well tonight.

Fair enough.

9. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (06-18-2021),Thisyear (06-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    this front office is mostly to blame. they put the worst bullpen in MLB (not an opinion, based on stats) so far in 2021.
    The Fruit Boy is to blame. This team is 4 quality bullpen arms away from actually being a contender.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

11. Likes:

757690 (06-18-2021),BillDoran (06-18-2021),REDREAD (06-18-2021),wlf WV (06-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    The Fruit Boy is to blame. This team is 4 quality bullpen arms away from actually being a contender.
    Bob also sells vegetables.

13. Likes:

Bob Sheed (06-18-2021),Old school 1983 (06-19-2021),wlf WV (06-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I don't disagree at all. I just don't think Garrett should be a part of this entertaining team anymore because he only hurts them. Hendrix belongs in low leverage exclusively, I've never been sold on him.
    I don't disagree with you at all Tom. This situation just shows the ineptitude of our FO in addressing our bullpen issues. Think about this: we're on the Road against an NL West strong playoff contending team and we just pulled a miracle out of our bum on the road to seemingly win a game and the best we can do to close it out is Hendrix and Garrett? Frick man. I'd rather have Brach or Hembree.

This game showed we can sack up with back against the wall and exposed our biggest flaw. If we don't learn from tonight shame on all of the Reds FO.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (06-18-2021),wlf WV (06-18-2021)

I don't disagree with you at all Tom. This situation just shows the ineptitude of our FO in addressing our bullpen issues. Think about this: we're on the Road against an NL West strong playoff contending team and we just pulled a miracle out of our bum on the road to seemingly win a game and the best we can do to close it out is Hendrix and Garrett? Frick man. I'd rather have Brach or Hembree.

This game showed we can sack up with back against the wall and exposed our biggest flaw. If we don't learn from tonight shame on all of the Reds FO.
    I feel similarly. I’m less concerned about keeping Garrett. The bigger concern is Reds had nobody suitable to pitch a key ninth inning.

Bullpens may be volatile and unpredictable but you need an effective late inning reliever for a spot like this. If Reds don’t have enough of them, they need to go and get more.
    Last edited by Kc61; 06-18-2021 at 01:12 AM.

17. Likes:

757690 (06-18-2021),alwaysawarrior (06-18-2021),wlf WV (06-18-2021)

I mean I was ready to ship Garrett to Mars early on but he has come up big recently. Tonight sucked and then was awesome which made it suck worse. I’m not making any decisions based on tonight. Hopefully the reds answer tomorrow.

Honestly though, if Garrett is available I’d rather win or lose with him starting the inning based on his latest appearances.

Also #freeartwarren
    Last edited by Griffey012; 06-18-2021 at 01:15 AM.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Hard to think of another team that would be nearing July with a guy with those numbers still on the roster.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Hard to think of another team that would be nearing July with a guy with those numbers still on the roster.
    The Dodgers have Nate Jones.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    The Dodgers have Nate Jones.
    They actually just DFAed him
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

22. Likes:

Griffey012 (06-18-2021)

They actually just DFAed him
    I figured that might be the case, but I still laugh at the fact the Dodgers had Nate Jones this year.

24. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-18-2021)

It is past overdue to release Garrett.He can not continue to be employed.The Ress are paying this turd 1.5 million for a line of 9.31 era 7.8 walks per 9 4hr per 9.He has to go anyplace but on the Reds roster.

Turn Off Ads?