Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else at a breaking point with ownership?

Re: Anyone else at a breaking point with ownership?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I'm already preparing mentally for the big let-down when we trade 2 top 30 prospects for a middling reliever.
    Won't happen. Middling relievers are not that expensive. If a deal is made, it will be similar to the Archie Bradley deal where a seller basically gives away a reliever to save a little cash. Look at that deal the Marlins made.. They gave away a reliever since the other team absorbed the contract of an older OF.
    The fact that our ownership will probably not allocate any money at the trade deadline, combined with Krall's incompetence, lack of creativity , and aversion to risk will mean most likely.. no deal happens at all. I hope I am wrong.. But honestly, they've waited far too long to address the pen. Even if they made a deal tomorrow, it would most likely be "Too little, too late". They should have been working the phones and fixed this before June.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Won't happen. Middling relievers are not that expensive. If a deal is made, it will be similar to the Archie Bradley deal where a seller basically gives away a reliever to save a little cash. Look at that deal the Marlins made.. They gave away a reliever since the other team absorbed the contract of an older OF.
    The fact that our ownership will probably not allocate any money at the trade deadline, combined with Krall's incompetence, lack of creativity , and aversion to risk will mean most likely.. no deal happens at all. I hope I am wrong.. But honestly, they've waited far too long to address the pen. Even if they made a deal tomorrow, it would most likely be "Too little, too late". They should have been working the phones and fixed this before June.
    Yep… Too late
    May the Lord bless

4. Likes:

REDREAD (07-23-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I’m a Reds fan forever so I don’t think I’m ever at a breaking point. But I do reach a point where the season ceases to be interesting to me. As long as they’re within hailing distance of a playoff spot, I’ll watch games and follow them closely. But once the season starts to have a whiff of death, I lose my excitement and passion for the season. I’ll still follow the team, but not as closely nor as intensely.

But, I’m not at that point yet. I’ll see if they make any moves before the trading deadline. I don’t think they will, but one can only hope. We’ll see in the next week or two.

If Reds management is reading this, as a fan, I’ll attend a lot more games if they are in contention (ie a game or two per week). If not, I’ll go to a token game or two. But if you don’t care to win, then I won’t either.
    I guess I relate to this post more than any other in this thread. I haven't thrown in the towel on this season just yet.

In the predict the Reds 2021 season win total poll I predicted the Reds would win 87 games.

I'll go out on a limb here and say if the Reds don't win exactly 87 games they'll come reasonably close.

6. Likes:

M2 (07-23-2021)

I can’t wait to see this board blow up at the return the Angels are going to get for Raisel Iglesias at the trade deadline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

8. Likes:

REDREAD (07-23-2021)

Agreed. With our Reds 6.5 back in both the division and the wild card and considering the teams ahead of them, a playoff spot seems unlikely, even given what can be done realistically at the trade deadline.
    Thus, the real test of ownership will come in the off-season and its commitment--or not-- to fill our obvious gaps.

10. Likes:

REDREAD (07-23-2021)

I expect SOME kind of pitching move that also helps for 2022 and beyond, but likely nothing major.

Maybe not for this deadline, but they really should be scouting hitters too knowing that Nick will probably walk in two months. This offense is a mess without him.

Aquino hasn't really panned out. Geno is a shadow of his former self. Senzel is hurt constantly. Moose is hurt constantly. Winker of course can be great, but is back to inconsistency. Shogo not great and gone after 2022. And while Votto's had a resurgence in 2021, we know he's also battling father time. Seems like the most reliable bat at the moment is India, who I worry is gonna get worn out.

12. Likes:

elrojo (07-23-2021),mth123 (07-23-2021),REDREAD (07-23-2021),Revering4Blue (07-23-2021)

14. Likes:

Falls City Beer (07-27-2021),Powder River (07-27-2021),REDREAD (07-27-2021),Wonderful Monds (07-27-2021)

My fandom is up for trade at the deadline. I can’t believe I’ve taken the family to $1000 worth of games this year and watched a **** bullpen get us to where we are.

I really hope our owners and Krall are losing sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

16. Likes:

REDREAD (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    I really hope our owners and Krall are losing sleep.
    I've heard massive piles of cash are very easy to sleep on.
    Go Gators!

18. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (07-27-2021),Falls City Beer (07-27-2021),powersackers (07-27-2021),Red Raindog (07-27-2021),REDREAD (07-27-2021),SomeCallMeTim (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    my goodness. dead last in baseball in ERA. front office? crickets.

20. Likes:

boxseat (07-27-2021)

Enough already.

Maybe the injuries to starting 8 would prove to be too much but the gasoline can bullpen is maddening. Too bad ownership rarely seems to be concerned about putting together a winning product.

22. Likes:

REDREAD (07-27-2021)

From Daughtery's TML this morning:

Never has a team of players been more liked and ownership less.
    It’s interesting to me how a team can be so inactive for five torpid seasons, so gung-ho for one, then back to hibernation the next. It’s also interesting how folks with more loot than they could ever possibly spend are reluctant to go all-in on something capable of bringing them so much joy. Whaddaya savin’ it for?
    More to the point: If you don’t go All In when All In presents itself, when might you go All In?

24. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (07-27-2021),Bob Sheed (07-27-2021),Gapper (07-27-2021),Powder River (07-27-2021),REDREAD (07-27-2021),Roy Tucker (07-27-2021),TexasRedsFan (07-27-2021)

If the Reds front office won't adjust, then I will.

I'm only watching games until the 7th inning stretch, and no more money spent on tickets and merch until their whole "pockets turned out" routine changes and I actually see some effort from the front office.

It's working pretty well for me so far. I headed to bed at 11 and read about the usual meltdown this morning. Soon, I may drop that last part too.

Tired of it.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

26. Likes:

membengal (07-27-2021),REDREAD (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    my goodness. dead last in baseball in ERA. front office? crickets.
    First in homers allowed and third in walks allowed really tells the story.

28. Likes:

REDREAD (07-27-2021)

Baseball is the only business where the model is "buy our product and then we'll try to improve it."

Other business improve their product to attract customers, not the other way around.

I don't think we have the right to ask any business to operate at a loss, but sometimes investments are needed for longer term gains.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

30. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (07-27-2021),HammerTime (07-27-2021),REDREAD (07-27-2021),Wonderful Monds (07-27-2021)

Turn Off Ads?