Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else at a breaking point with ownership?

Re: Anyone else at a breaking point with ownership?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I'm still positive Williams quit rather than deal with arbitrary payroll cuts and ownership interference on moves. The way the year has played out has just made me more certain of this.
    100% agree with you. I think Williams will prove to be a lot sharper than a lot of people gave him credit for as time goes by.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (07-20-2021),Redsfan6272 (07-20-2021),Ron Madden (07-20-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm no fan of this front office but in fairness, has any team in MLB "fixed their bullpen" through trades since the season started? It's not easy to do at this point. What's idiotic is cutting salary by moving bullpen pieces in the off season and then looking up in June seeing that the BP needs more pieces
    Exactly, not only the bullpen, but starters. We all knew Bauer wasn’t coming back, but I get sick every time I think about the Giants’ starting pitching.

Of all the pitching prospects we got in trades, I can’t think of only Sims that’s been serviceable. We seem like chumps.
    Last edited by wlf WV; 07-20-2021 at 09:38 AM.
    May the Lord bless

People want to harp on Adames. He’d have been a fine addition. But, again, IMO, if this team has even a mediocre pen, they are running away with the Central. All it would have taken are probably a few moves involving minor league guys to shore things up, but instead they sit on their hands. I’m forgiving of cutting salary at the start of the year because at the time no one knew where we’d be with COVID. But good lord. Just go find some real relief help.

6. Likes:

CySeymour (07-20-2021),REDREAD (07-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Man, if only we'd have Wily Adames, we'd have won 3 of our last 4 games with leads in them. LOL. I think Krall is terrible but you really need to get off your Adames high horse.
    My point was the Brewers acknowledged they had a big hole and filled it. I specially talked about the bullpen issues in the post you quoted.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

This ownership team has been another abysmal good old boys network, scared witless of change and surrendering the reins to really skilled and passionate baseball people. I’m convinced they’ll do nothing (maybe some token bs move for some middling reliever at most) at the deadline and let Castellanos walk.

9. Likes:

Bob Sheed (07-20-2021),CarolinaRedleg (07-20-2021),Powder River (07-20-2021),REDREAD (07-20-2021),wally post (07-20-2021),Wonderful Monds (07-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    My point was the Brewers acknowledged they had a big hole and filled it. I specially talked about the bullpen issues in the post you quoted.
    It was a unique situation that doesn't generally happen with relievers.

The Rays wanted bullpen arms to help assist them in the playoff push this season. The arrival of Taylor Walls AND Wander Franco at SS made Adames expendable.

Given how many teams need bullpen arms, something tells me teams selling are going to hold on and keep letting that price rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    This ownership team has been another abysmal good old boys network, scared witless of change and surrendering the reins to really skilled and passionate baseball people. I’m convinced they’ll do nothing (maybe some token bs move for some middling reliever at most) at the deadline and let Castellanos walk.
    The thing is, I’m not sure how fans can voice their frustration with these jokers. It’s not like ownership can be voted out of office. Mike Brown has been putting a crap product out there for decades and he’s remained a wealthy Cincinnatian for a long time.

The Cincinnati media comes from the same conservative, small minded good old boys school as the owners. Actual writers like Hal McCoy have been replaced with hacks like Lance McCallister, who are more interested in getting internet clicks than writing quality journalism.
    Nothing but gas

12. Likes:

Falls City Beer (07-20-2021),NebraskaRed (07-20-2021),REDREAD (07-20-2021),Tom Servo (07-20-2021),wally post (07-20-2021)

For as much as people like to criticize the Marlins owners over the years, I would gladly take 2 championships and exciting young players year after year over what I’ve seen in the last 30 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

14. Likes:

Falls City Beer (07-20-2021),powersackers (07-20-2021),REDREAD (07-20-2021),Revering4Blue (07-20-2021),wally post (07-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    For as much as people like to criticize the Marlins owners over the years, I would gladly take 2 championships and exciting young players year after year over what I’ve seen in the last 30 years.

It’s almost like risk yields rewards. Who knew?

16. Likes:

REDREAD (07-20-2021),Revering4Blue (07-20-2021)

This again calls for the great Peter Finch from Network.

18. Likes:

Bob Sheed (07-20-2021),REDREAD (07-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    I'm still positive Williams quit rather than deal with arbitrary payroll cuts and ownership interference on moves. The way the year has played out has just made me more certain of this.
    I am 100% certain this is wrong, and the proof is that Williams’ family is 2/3 of the ownership group that is responsible for these payroll cuts.

I am certain he is loving these payroll cuts because it means more of his family money stays in his pocket.

It amazes me that so many Reds fans forget that.

Edit: Btw, this team, is significantly better than any team that Williams put together when he was GM. There is no reason for him to be more embarrassed about this team, than any of the disasters that he put together.
    Last edited by 757690; 07-20-2021 at 01:54 PM.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I love baseball (and football) as much as the next guy. But I've never let it control me emotionally or psychologically, or drive me to fits of frustration and anger. It's the only way one could survive being a Reds/Browns fan for almost 60 years. They're not worth it.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

21. Likes:

bm1475 (07-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post

Last year was the first time the Marlins were in the postseason since their last WS win in 2003. That’s a nearly 20 year wait. The Reds went to the postseason 4 times in that time frame and had a much better overall record.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

23. Likes:

wlf WV (07-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Last year was the first time the Marlins were in the postseason since their last WS win in 2003. That’s a nearly 20 year wait. The Reds went to the postseason 4 times in that time frame and had a much better overall record.
    I’d trade 20 playoff appearances for one championship. They’re not all that matters about sports—but they are about 95%.

25. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-21-2021),The Operator (07-20-2021)

This ownership team took a team that was in the playoffs last year and had a real chance to be good this year, and willfully sent them into a season with massive holes, holes that were relatively easily filled with money. Not with things hard to come by, like luck or creativity or smarts, something they have plenty of: money. They didn't do it. This season - the last four nights - are their just rewards. It's almost refreshing the way baseball just relentlessly punishes those that try to cut corners.

27. Likes:

Big Red Smokey (07-20-2021),bm1475 (07-21-2021),CarolinaRedleg (07-20-2021),Falls City Beer (07-20-2021),m21eagle45 (07-22-2021),REDREAD (07-20-2021),SomeCallMeTim (07-21-2021),The Operator (07-21-2021),wally post (07-20-2021),Wonderful Monds (07-20-2021)

Turn Off Ads?