Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748

Thread: 6-21-21 Reds @ Twins 8:10pm

Re: 6-21-21 Reds @ Twins 8:10pm

This is a very bad baseball team. No way else to describe it

2. Turn Off Ads?

I know other people have already said this, but I woke up this morning and couldn't stop thinking about how Bell used a fully rested Sims for one inning, and then thought "I know who can protect this small lead and win us the game: SEAN DOOLITTLE"

4. Likes:

REDREAD (06-22-2021),traderumor (06-22-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I know other people have already said this, but I woke up this morning and couldn't stop thinking about how Bell used a fully rested Sims for one inning, and then thought "I know who can protect this small lead and win us the game: SEAN DOOLITTLE"
    Who knows if we can believe him, but Bell said in his after game presser that Sims was only available for one inning yesterday. Reading between the lines, I think he's dealing with an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Red View Post
    This is a very bad baseball team. No way else to describe it
    Very bad baseball teams don’t hover around .500. They are generally many games under .500.

The reds are a mediocre baseball team.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

7. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-22-2021),traderumor (06-22-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Herd View Post
    Who knows if we can believe him, but Bell said in his after game presser that Sims was only available for one inning yesterday. Reading between the lines, I think he's dealing with an injury.
    Even if that's true, he should have used Hendrix rather than Doolittle. Doolittle has appeared 8 times this month. He has given up at least 1 hit in each of those 8 appearances, 2 hits in 4 of them, and runs in 5 of the 8 appearances. When you're protecting a 2 run lead, that's pretty much a blueprint for how to lose.

And maybe the result would have been the same with Hendrix, but at least he would have had a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Even if that's true, he should have used Hendrix rather than Doolittle. Doolittle has appeared 8 times this month. He has given up at least 1 hit in each of those 8 appearances, 2 hits in 4 of them, and runs in 5 of the 8 appearances. When you're protecting a 2 run lead, that's pretty much a blueprint for how to lose.

And maybe the result would have been the same with Hendrix, but at least he would have had a chance.
    Name:  Annotation 2021-06-22 090055.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  24.3 KB

Hendrix has been a dumpster fire in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Herd View Post
    Name:  Annotation 2021-06-22 090055.jpg
Views: 179
Size:  24.3 KB

Hendrix has been a dumpster fire in June.
    There are no real good choices in the bullpen, but I still say Doolittle was a bizarre choice in that inning.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Hembree is fascinating because his BB/K numbers are drop dead gorgeous but he cannot avoid the longball to save his life.
    yea, I agree. He's either great or gives up a HR in every outing it seems.
    I can forgive him for tonight, he was running on fumes and it was a planned day off for him.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

12. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-22-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    when you put them in a position to not contribute because you make horrible moves (running for Winker is one, putting Doolittle in in another one) .
    well, Freeman actually did ok in his at bat, he moved the runner over to 3rd with a bunt , so the Reds had a guy on third with one out, Votto and Suarez just couldn't drive him in.
    On general principle, I agree, it was a bad move, but it didn't hurt them in this game.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?