Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Bob Castellini: “If we have an opportunity to improve the bullpen, we will."

Re: Bob Castellini: “If we have an opportunity to improve the bullpen, we will."

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    To sign him next year.
    Why give up a good asset when you could just sign him when he opts out?
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bob Castellini: “If we have an opportunity to improve the bullpen, we will."

The entire bullpen is an absolute train wreck. They have one good reliever. What are you talking about? They have two reliable starters, three if they can get Gray back healthy. This team is not set up to climb over two or three teams.
    Castillo has been reliable for over a month now. But we all know you think he’s a bum.

Anyway, many teams are contending right now with a rotation that is way worse than the Reds.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

And you saw an 85+ team. That won’t happen either. They’re probably a 75 win team if they stay healthy.
    Oh, I'm feeling better about 85 wins all the time. Pretty much every time a righted Castillo takes the mound.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I don't think trading for Curt Schilling would be a good idea. How many pitches could he even throw?
    Sarcasm good. Fire. Bad!!

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Why give up a good asset when you could just sign him when he opts out?
    I’m guessing they might wager they have an inside track. I don’t know. Teams do strange things. You’re a Reds’ fan. You should know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Oh, I'm feeling better about 85 wins all the time. Pretty much every time a righted Castillo takes the mound.
    Those two or three starts sure make me feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Castillo has been reliable for over a month now. But we all know you think he’s a bum.

Anyway, many teams are contending right now with a rotation that is way worse than the Reds.
    No, no one is contending with a “way worse” rotation.

The entire bullpen is an absolute train wreck.
    And yet they're .500. Again, I know this is like trying to describe snow to someone from an desert tribe, but keeping themselves in the mix despite a flaw that would kill many teams (and that can be corrected) is reason for optimism.

9. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-22-2021)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

The entire bullpen is an absolute train wreck. They have one good reliever. What are you talking about? They have two reliable starters, three if they can get Gray back healthy. This team is not set up to climb over two or three teams.
    Gray
    Castillo
    Mahle
    Miley

Seems like a pretty good rotation to me, no matter who the 5th man is

11. Likes:

M2 (06-22-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Gray
    Castillo
    Mahle
    Miley

Seems like a pretty good rotation to me, no matter who the 5th man is
    Sure if they’re all healthy and pitching well. But that only applies to 2 of them.

Another thing to keep in mind: the Cards and Brewers get to whip up on the D-Backs, a team that absolutely stoved our skulls in.

Month of June, Reds starters with 3.26 ERA. Reds relievers 6.58.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (06-23-2021)

Your guys the Cardinals have a bullpen as bad as ours with a less productive offense. Chicago has a pretty good offense but a paper thin rotation and a pen due for regression, and Milwaukee has the best pitching by far but absolutely no offense.

If you're arguing that it isn't even worth winning the division because the Reds would just get swept out by SF or SD, we're simply on different levels here. I'm over the rebuild stuff that sells the promise of some sustainable future that no one can actually promise, I want to watch October baseball with the Reds in it.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

17. Likes:

CaiGuy (06-23-2021),Griffey012 (06-22-2021),M2 (06-22-2021),RedTeamGo! (06-22-2021),RiverRat13 (06-23-2021),westofyou (06-22-2021),Wonderful Monds (06-22-2021)

No, no one is contending with a “way worse” rotation.
    Reds have the 12th best rotation according to fWAR. The Cubs and Cardinals are way behind them. Only Milwaukee has a better rotation in the division.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

19. Likes:

CaiGuy (06-23-2021),M2 (06-22-2021),Wonderful Monds (06-22-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I want to watch October baseball with the Reds in it.
    Hell, I'm good with June/July baseball with the Reds playing like they want it.

21. Likes:

Bob Sheed (06-22-2021),CaiGuy (06-23-2021),RedTeamGo! (06-22-2021),Roy Tucker (06-22-2021),Tom Servo (06-22-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Your guys the Cardinals have a bullpen as bad as ours with a less productive offense. Chicago has a pretty good offense but a paper thin rotation and a pen due for regression, and Milwaukee has the best pitching by far but absolutely no offense.

If you're arguing that it isn't even worth winning the division because the Reds would just get swept out by SF or SD, we're simply on different levels here. I'm over the rebuild stuff that sells the promise of some sustainable future that no one can actually promise, I want to watch October baseball with the Reds in it.
    That’s why I still think the Reds are the best team in the division. The bullpen should be the easiest place to fix. They have to make some moves, but adding a good relief arm or two and calling up Green and Lodolo is going to be a lot easier than fixing the holes the other division contenders have.

Now working against the Reds is crappy ownership, the Brewers and Cardinals get a leg up there. Ricketts not so much.
    Last edited by Griffey012; 06-22-2021 at 10:16 PM.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

23. Likes:

CaiGuy (06-23-2021),herbdizzle (06-22-2021),REDREAD (06-23-2021),Tom Servo (06-22-2021)

Turn Off Ads?