Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
Results 331 to 340 of 340

Thread: 6-22-21 Reds @ Twins 1:10pm

  1. #331
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Reds Diaspora
    Posts
    2,240

    Re: 6-22-21 Reds @ Twins 1:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose Herd View Post
    Yet he somehow has a team with a horrible bullpen and a bunch of injuries at .500?
    Dude, if they would have hired (insert name here), he would be resting Antone and Sims more so that they can get more innings out of them. And he would put Hendrix in for the save, but not when he actually blows saves. Bell doesn't have a clue how to manage a bullpen with a 5.50 ERA effectively.
    Last edited by CaiGuy; 06-23-2021 at 09:28 AM.

  2. Likes:

    Moose Herd (06-23-2021),Ron Madden (06-24-2021)


  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #332
    Member traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH area
    Posts
    19,643

    Re: 6-22-21 Reds @ Twins 1:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose Herd View Post
    Yet he somehow has a team with a horrible bullpen and a bunch of injuries at .500?
    is that because of him or in spite of him? Does he not bear any responsibility for the composition of the bullpen in addition to its usage? If he doesn't, then he is an impotent manager who does not have the power he needs to get players who he knows how to use. In other words, there's alot more to evaluate than "scoreboard."
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

  5. #333
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    360

    Re: 6-22-21 Reds @ Twins 1:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    is that because of him or in spite of him? Does he not bear any responsibility for the composition of the bullpen in addition to its usage? If he doesn't, then he is an impotent manager who does not have the power he needs to get players who he knows how to use. In other words, there's alot more to evaluate than "scoreboard."
    It's not 1955 anymore. Field managers, especially young ones, are tools of the front office. They're there to manage the clubhouse.

  6. #334
    Member traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH area
    Posts
    19,643

    Re: 6-22-21 Reds @ Twins 1:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose Herd View Post
    It's not 1955 anymore. Field managers, especially young ones, are tools of the front office. They're there to manage the clubhouse.
    I bet Joe Madden "isn't a tool of the front office." Current practice does not mean that is best practice. A manager who takes the job on that premise is a sucker.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

  7. #335
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    360

    Re: 6-22-21 Reds @ Twins 1:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I bet Joe Madden "isn't a tool of the front office." Current practice does not mean that is best practice. A manager who takes the job on that premise is a sucker.
    Joe Madden isn't a young manager.

    I didn't hire the guy.

  8. #336
    Member traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Columbus, OH area
    Posts
    19,643

    Re: 6-22-21 Reds @ Twins 1:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by Moose Herd View Post
    Joe Madden isn't a young manager.

    I didn't hire the guy.
    You included the entire category of "field managers." You also didn't address whether the current practice is best practice. My assessment is that a smart field manager will make sure he has input on those inputs that will determine the outcomes for which he will be measured. If he doesn't, then he is an ineffective field manager.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

  9. #337
    Member AG Slater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    La Grange KY
    Posts
    11

    Re: 6-22-21 Reds @ Twins 1:10pm

    Bell has done some weird stuff, but the bullpen is like picking between who wants to give up runs next. He really has no options in bullpen. Can't pitch Antone 4+ innings a game.

  10. #338
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    13,296

    Re: 6-22-21 Reds @ Twins 1:10pm

    Oh Good Lord, David Bell is not the problem.

  11. Likes:

    WVRedsFan (06-23-2021)

  12. #339
    Member WVRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Location
    Rainelle, WV
    Posts
    10,375

    Re: 6-22-21 Reds @ Twins 1:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Oh Good Lord, David Bell is not the problem.
    He aggravates me, but your right. With a decent bullpen, this team would be in first place
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

  13. Likes:

    Ron Madden (06-23-2021)

  14. #340
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Marietta, OH
    Posts
    188

    Re: 6-22-21 Reds @ Twins 1:10pm

    Quote Originally Posted by AG Slater View Post
    Bell has done some weird stuff, but the bullpen is like picking between who wants to give up runs next. He really has no options in bullpen. Can't pitch Antone 4+ innings a game.
    I don't think any of the bullpen pitchers, or starters for that matter, "want" to give up runs!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator