Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: My Bullpen Depth Chart/Analysis

Re: My Bullpen Depth Chart/Analysis

Here are the current and career ERA's for the current active bullpen.

Brach 3.80
    Santillan - 4.34
    Hembree - 4.45
    Doolittle - 4.50
    Osich - 4.97
    Hendrix - 5.97
    Alaniz - 6.75
    Garrett - 6.98
    Garcia - 10.80

Doolittle - 3.18
    Brach 3.41
    Hembree - 3.96
    Garrett - 4.23 (excluding as a starter)
    Santillan - 4.34
    Osich - 5.01
    Hendrix - 5.97
    Garcia - 6.34
    Alaniz - 9.00

I'd say they could use some real help.

Yeah, they have Antone, Sims, Lorenzen, and Warren on the IL, but none have any definite return dates.

The season will slip away without pitching help, if it hasn't already. The pen is killing the otherwise solid team.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (07-27-2021),wlf WV (07-28-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I’d take a flyer on this guy: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/...ssignment.html

The move might bring an end to Zeuch’s tenure with the Jays, who selected him in the first round of the 2016 draft. The big righty has made thirteen appearances (seven starts) with Toronto over the past three seasons, working to a 4.59 ERA across 49 innings. Zeuch has induced grounders on over half the balls put in play against him, but he’s struggled to miss bats at the big league level. The 25-year-old has only managed a 14.1% strikeout rate, while walking an elevated 10.9% of opponents.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

5. Likes:

KeefeCato (07-21-2021),REDREAD (07-27-2021),Tom Servo (07-20-2021)

How does the Reds bullpen only have 15 losses? Is that really accurate?
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

7. Likes:

REDREAD (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    How does the Reds bullpen only have 15 losses? Is that really accurate?
    When they let the runs they inherit score, the starter got the loss (that's happened at least a few times)
    Also, does that 15 losses include the guys that are no longer on the 25 man roster?
    Last edited by REDREAD; 07-27-2021 at 04:41 PM.
    Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

9. Likes:

Chip R (08-04-2021),Griffey012 (07-27-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    When they let the runs they inherit score, the starter got the loss (that's happened at least a few times)
    Also, does that 15 losses include the guys that are no longer on the 25 man roster?
    Reds are 19-3 in games in which Tejay Antone pitched. That success cut down the number of bullpen losses.

Also the starters have absorbed 34 of the team’s losses, 10 by Castillo.

The bullpen is 22-15, that includes all 2021 relievers, current and former.
    Last edited by Kc61; 07-27-2021 at 06:04 PM.

11. Likes:

REDREAD (08-04-2021)

What is the current bullpen depth chart? I think another move needs to be made if they want Wilson on the active roster, unless I lost track of something.

Cessa
    Hembree
    Brach
    Santillan
    Doolittle
    Hoffman
    Garrett
    Wilson
    Hendrix

Still need some help.

The full-strength list, however unlikely, does look better. But we know how that goes in reality.

Antone
    Cessa
    Lorenzen
    Hembree
    Brach
    Sims
    Santillan
    Doolittle, Garrett, and/or Wilson
    Hoffman

I haven't seen any of the games he's pitched out of the pen, can anyone say how Santillan has looked in relief?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    I haven't seen any of the games he's pitched out of the pen, can anyone say how Santillan has looked in relief?
    Inconsistent so far but he looked fantastic on Monday against the Cubs.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

15. Likes:

Edd Roush (07-28-2021),Griffey012 (07-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Inconsistent so far but he looked fantastic on Monday against the Cubs.
    He saved the game against STL on Friday as well by getting a few K's to get out of I think a bases loaded jam.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

17. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-28-2021)

Hoffman & Santillan have positive early returns in the bullpen. Cessa is a nice pickup. Those 3 with Brach, Hembree, & Garett are a competent 6. Wilson , Doolittle, Osich, & Hendrix are the next on the chopping block. If Sims is back in a week or two he should be replacing Osich and Hendrix should be sent back to AAA. We still need a hammer to make it a complete overhaul. I'm not counting on Antone or Lorenzen so one more move would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by herbdizzle View Post
    Hoffman & Santillan have positive early returns in the bullpen. Cessa is a nice pickup. Those 3 with Brach, Hembree, & Garett are a competent 6. Wilson , Doolittle, Osich, & Hendrix are the next on the chopping block. If Sims is back in a week or two he should be replacing Osich and Hendrix should be sent back to AAA. We still need a hammer to make it a complete overhaul. I'm not counting on Antone or Lorenzen so one more move would be ideal.
    Hendrix needs to be chopped a month ago.

20. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-28-2021)

I'm not saying "call him up", but in his last 10 games, Brandon Finnegan has 14IP, 18K's and a 1.14 WHIP.

He's the reclamation project of all reclamation projects in this system. I think we may see him in September.
    Mock a mocketty mockmock.

mock

Kind of an understatement, but it would be nice if we’re somehow able to get Antone, Lorenzen and Sims back for the rest of the season at some point in the next couple weeks. We might actually have something approaching a good bullpen in that scenario.

Antone
    Givens
    Sims
    Lorenzen
    Cessa
    Santillan
    Hembree
    Garrett
    Doolittle/Wilson

Yeah, that could be an okay bullpen.

24. Likes:

CaiGuy (07-28-2021),Kilgore_Trout (07-28-2021),M2 (07-28-2021),Tom Servo (07-28-2021),WildcatFan (07-28-2021),Wonderful Monds (07-28-2021)

I would still ideally like a 9th inning traditional save situation closer in there to end games since Antone is usually tied up in the earlier innings, but I can live with that pen if that’s where things end up.

Turn Off Ads?