Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: UFOs

Re: UFOs

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Our population growth is not a good thing for the environment. The debate about climate change aside, we’ve already done a lot of damage to the environment and we are thousands of years into our civilization, not 1 million years. Even the most ignorant climate change denier can’t say we aren’t doing damage to our environment.
    Our environment is improving in many ways. We have more trees than we had 100 yrs ago. The air and water are also cleaner. It seems to me than technology will make things cleaner, supporting my position

2. Turn Off Ads?

I believe in UFOs, but I’ll never believe in a million years that they came from other than right here on earth.

Despite all the reports of visitors from outer space, there is not a single molecule of physical evidence that anyone else has ever been here. Not so much as an alien candy wrapper. Nothing.
    Last edited by BernieCarbo; 06-26-2021 at 05:25 PM.

4. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (06-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Our environment is improving in many ways. We have more trees than we had 100 yrs ago. The air and water are also cleaner. It seems to me than technology will make things cleaner, supporting my position
    Sure.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Sure.
    Well, he’s not wrong. We have far more trees now than we did in the 1800s. And you should’ve seen the water in the rivers during the 50s and 60s after the industrial giants took off.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Well, he’s not wrong. We have far more trees now than we did in the 1800s. And you should’ve seen the water in the rivers during the 50s and 60s after the industrial giants took off.
    You should have seen them before.

I should have seen them before...
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

This is kind of like saying “yeah, this rotten cheese is bad now, but you should have seen it last week when a mouse took a dump on it.”

How does our water compare today to 1000 years ago? And what we did in the 50s and 60s, uh, happened.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Amusing how people defending how the environment is now by pointing out how awful it was in the past are also usually against governmental regulations that allowed the environment to improve in the first place.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

If you're advanced civilization, you might not even eat meat anymore. I'm sure they'd draw a line between ants and intelligent species.

How they got here is a huge question and that's part of their technology that we don't yet understand. I think all possibilities should be on the table. If it's some sort of hologram, that's also technology we don't understand. This report specifically said that it's not coming from our adversaries (other countries here on earth). Also this is nothing new. Humans have been seeing flying objects long before the Wright Brothers. The only thing that would explain 10K yrs of sightings are extraterrestrials such as aliens or Gods.

Personally I think these beings are possibly a million yrs more advanced than us and they have figured out portals although perhaps it's warping space. Considering how far we've come since the Wright Bros, a million yrs could explain it
    My reaction to part of that is that the report says they’re not foreign technology, or they’re not technology from some part of the US military. In reality, we’ve feigned ignorance about our understanding of rival nations’ capabilities, and straight up lied about our own as well for strategic purposes.

I’m not sure how much I believe them when they say that personally speaking.

I doubt they're hiding from everyone. There are reports that these beings made a deal as far back as Eisenhower to study humans in exchange for technology. As for doing a press conference on the 6pm news, Bob is right as to our violence. Someone is liable to put a bullet through their head. Mankind would not handle this well I'm sad to say.
    I really doubt that a species that's capable of traversing the galaxy would consider humans any kind of military threat. Most likely they would have weapons technology vastly beyond anything we could imagine, let alone produce.

The only reason IMO they would hide themselves would be due to a deliberate policy of non-intervention (e.g. we're actually a zoo/preserve/experiment control group/simulation/etc.)

It would also suggest that that particular civilization is quite powerful on a galactic scale, as not only would it have to leave us alone, but it would also have to prevent other civilizations from making contact.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Amusing how people defending how the environment is now by pointing out how awful it was in the past are also usually against governmental regulations that allowed the environment to improve in the first place.
    I don't know a single person that thinks that.

This is kind of like saying “yeah, this rotten cheese is bad now, but you should have seen it last week when a mouse took a dump on it.”

How does our water compare today to 1000 years ago? And what we did in the 50s and 60s, uh, happened.
    Wow, that''s pretty deep. It happened? Yes, that's the point, and it is not happening now.

I'm just pointing out that the environment is improving in many ways. It started with the EPA in about 1970, and the air and water has steadily become better. And I'm sure the water was clear a thousand years ago in the Rocky Mountains, but not so much in the cities and towns around the world. Things are better than ever.

The probing isnt too bad, they just want to research us, it did change me though.

This isn't the thread for it but gov't regulations are needed to clean up our planet. I use my Sea Ray boat on Lake Michigan. I love it because it's not Lake Erie

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

I don't know a single person that thinks that.
    And as we've learned through the years, your personal experience encompasses all of reality and can never be questioned.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

And as we've learned through the years, your personal experience encompasses all of reality and can never be questioned.
    Of course, there’s wrongverb having another hissy fit. It’s ironic, because you are probably the most close minded person on this site, and absolutely refuse to engage any ideas that don’t come from your own little world. You can’t imagine that someone else might have experiences other than your own, or broader than your own. If you had ever bothered to travel extensively, you would see that the US and Europe are light years ahead of the rest of the world when it comes to environmental responsibility and progress. You make all these assumptions about people you’ve never met, but you really don’t know what you’re talking about.

18. Likes:

Sea Ray (06-27-2021),Thisyear (06-27-2021)

Turn Off Ads?