Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: UFOs

Re: UFOs

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    When it comes to UFOs, Big Foot, and Loch Ness .... I'm from Missouri. And No, IMO, they haven't come close (evidence-wise) to convince me. But it does make for stimulating and interesting conversations.
    I wouldn't lump all three of those together. I have seen next to no evidence of Nessie, a little more of BF but not much, but I've seen tons of evidence for UFOs. By definition they represent some sort of science that we can't explain. There's also a ton of evidence that the gov't is covering this up for some reason. Any time the gov't tries to cover something up, my interest increases

Take Roswell for example. Trained observers, not laymen, can attest that the crash debri was not from a surveillance or weather balloon, yet that's the story our gov't is feeding us. Our gov't is also telling us that the "aliens" noticed by observers were actually crash dummies. Why would we be dropping crash dummies from surveillance balloons? Why would they order kids' coffins for the crash dummies? Lots of unanswered questions here. Until they get answered I'm keeping an open mind.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I lump all three together simply because their "commom thread" that ties them together (IMO) is that they haven't any SOLID evidence to definitively prove their existence. Other then sketchy photos or videos that look pretty shaky. IMO, and in my lifetime, I've seen more BS concerning evidence that after many years and further investigation is proven to be hoaxes.

I certainly can understand people's fascination with such things, and simply because it involves the unknown. Unfortunately, IMO, it's led to too any charlatans and imposters making wild-eyed insuations and assumptions more then anything else to continually feed that "hysteria". Over the years I've watched many, many of these shows and documentaries where people claim they have that definitive evidence. Unfortunately, by the conclusion, they've really shown very little to nothing; but are like those side-show salesman utlizing a lot of embelishment.

Why would beings who were highly advanced, highly intelligent, and that is evident because if they exist they obviously aren't from this solar system and must possess technology that allows them to travel great distances, then allow themselves to be seen by those they want to secretly observe? Doesn't make sense to me. IMO, there's been far more speculation and hysteria concerning this so-called incident at Roswell 70+ years ago then anything else.

Again. I'll believe it when I see far more definitive, solid evidence that confirms their existence. In other words, when Klaatu lands and steps out of that vessel - I'll believe lol
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

4. Likes:

schmidty622 (07-12-2021)

Pilot records baffling UFO ‘fleet’ over pacific

https://news.yahoo.com/pilot-records...143851483.html
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Lights reflecting on a window == UFO?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Lights reflecting on a window == UFO?
    I'm as skeptical as anyone, but I would think a military pilot would be capable of making that distinction.

8. Likes:

Bob Sheed (12-14-2021),Sea Ray (12-12-2021)

I've stumbled upon some interesting claims that can't be dismissed out of hand because there's more than one of them. I'll get right down to specifics. Some people "in the know" have come out and claimed that we not only are being visited by aliens, these aliens have been in contact with our gov't and they have specifically asked not to be made public 'cause they don't think we're ready. They do however want us (earth) to join a galactic federation similar to what was depicted in Star Trek. So who are these folks?

Paul Hellyer. He spent most of his life in Canada's gov't including the Minister of Defence. He ought to know and very likely was privy to this info.

https://www.cnet.com/news/canadas-ex...wed-stop-wars/

Haim Eshed- Former Israeli Space Security Chief

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weird-n...knows-n1250333

Lou Elizondo-worked on UFOs in our country and he got so frustrated that our gov't wasn't more forthcoming with what they knew that he resigned his post and has begun to expose what he's allowed to. It's because of his pressure that our gov't had to release footage of UFOs recorded by cameras of folks in our military

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/politi...interview-2021

Former official in the UK Ministry of Defence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocDrmoN11Mo

Bob Lazar

https://tilln.com/season-4/bob-lazar/

I'll summarize: the claims are that we're being visited by at least 4 different species of aliens. They have a rule that they're not allowed to interfere with our way of life unless asked. They are concerned that we're not treating our planet very well and that we'll really screw the planet up with our nukes. It is on their request that we don't reveal them to the world. Revealing them would have massive implications to our religion, politics, science, economies and technology.

This won't get revealed overnight. The first step will be people "leaking" this. Since they are so far advanced, we really do kinda gotta respect their wishes. Is this absolute proof? Absolutely not. Does it fit with what we're seeing? Sure does. It is consistent with how this has played out since Roswell. It's something to consider with an open mind. I'm passing this along as something to think about. I'm not one to take what our gov't tells us at face value

We didn't ask for a little assistance with this pandemic? Maybe we did, and those aliens did all that they could.

Maybe they have been helping all along.

Maybe not.

Maybe there really is a non-interference directive.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

UFO's the folly of the the unplanned mind

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    UFO's the folly of the the unplanned mind
    The whole universe, populated solely by us. The folly of colossally wasted space.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

I want to believe, but I have a hard time believing that our government is in contact with aliens but:
    - There's been no leaks about it other than a few otherwise unsubstantiated claims and very, very grainy video of UAPs
    - The leaders of the government do not seem interested in acting in a way that reflects their supposed concern for the way we're treating out planet
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    The whole universe, populated solely by us. The folly of colossally wasted space.
    No I think we are not alone, I also think 99.9% of the discussion about it is noise

16. Likes:

Bob Sheed (02-20-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I want to believe, but I have a hard time believing that our government is in contact with aliens but:
    - There's been no leaks about it other than a few otherwise unsubstantiated claims and very, very grainy video of UAPs
    - The leaders of the government do not seem interested in acting in a way that reflects their supposed concern for the way we're treating out planet
    The leaks are there. You're just not hearing about them. That's why I'm posting them. Are they credible? I can't say so you'll have to decide that for yourself.

No I think we are not alone, I also think 99.9% of the discussion about it is noise

19. Likes:

goreds2 (03-08-2022)

Doesn't matter if it's UFO's, the JFK assassination, or bigfoot, conspiracy theories are mostly just entertainment (at least to me). I think that's part of the reason why there's so much attention. But, sometimes people take all the entertaining noise a little too seriously.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 03-08-2022 at 09:13 PM.

Turn Off Ads?