Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: UFOs

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

Re: UFOs

UFOs are an interesting topic, just because of the wide variance in what different people think they mean.

To some, anything you can't explain is intelligent beings visiting us from other planets.

To others, everything is explained by covert military experimentation.

And in the middle? A vast chasm of other considerations, including the military reverse engineering intelligent ET tech.

That gigantic range of theories is GREAT for entertainment, but I wish there were more serious research being done and reported (not fringe stuff, more like the NYT info dump).

Personally, once you weed out the UFOs that are explained, there's about 5% that nobody can figure out.... of those, I suspect the majority are still advanced military stuff or one-off meteorological stuff. If there's anything really cool or weird happening, I'm torn between two things: (1) at some point in the future, we invent time travel, and we have seen vestiges of that, or more likely (2) we have been visited by unmanned (unpersoned? unbeinged?) probes, because THAT is how WE are exploring other worlds, not sending our actually people. I very seriously doubt that we have met and captured intelligent alien beings, but would grant a slim chance that we've been visited by their tech.
    Last edited by FlightRick; 03-08-2022 at 11:31 PM.

2. Likes:

westofyou (03-11-2022)

3. Turn Off Ads?

I have posted this before, but I have seen, with a witness who also saw it standing next to me, a light moving in the sky based on distance, projectory and movement that could not have physically been anything that matches any technology that existed at that time (September, 1980, above the clear dark skies of Ft. Worth, Kentucky at 6:00 a.m., far from any city lights), or today's technology.

There was no drinking involved, and we were both extremely alert, and my eyesight was better than 20/20 at the time.

Just sayin'.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

5. Likes:

goreds2 (03-14-2022),Sea Ray (03-15-2022)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I have posted this before, but I have seen, with a witness who also saw it standing next to me, a light moving in the sky based on distance, projectory and movement that could not have physically been anything that matches any technology that existed at that time (September, 1980, above the clear dark skies of Ft. Worth, Kentucky at 6:00 a.m., far from any city lights), or today's technology.

There was no drinking involved, and we were both extremely alert, and my eyesight was better than 20/20 at the time.

Just sayin'.
    That's fair. You saw an object, which was flying, but you couldn't identify. The very definition of a UFO.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    That's fair. You saw an object, which was flying, but you couldn't identify. The very definition of a UFO.
    An estimate of the distance was probably 35,000-45,000 feet.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Cool.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Centuries ago, people claimed to see mermaids, serpents, strange lights, monsters, witches, etc, etc. There were eventually explanations most of the time. In the last 80+ years there have been a lot of strange claims just about UFOs. There have been explanations most of the time.
    Last edited by redsfandan; 03-15-2022 at 03:40 PM.

Sounds like an airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Sounds like an airplane.
    Airplanes are very limited in what they can do. When KP said that what he saw "exceeded today's technology" I'm confident he meant it exceeded the technology of an airplane

Just for the record, I've never seen anything I'd classify as a UFO.

Objects in the air can often deceive us with their motion. I used to work just outside Dulles airport, and landing planes often looked like they were just hanging still in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Sounds like an airplane.
    No aircraft ever built by human beings could do what this did.

First, it was a light, and it had no trail. It was traveling at a speed faster than any airplane...it was traveling at satellite speed, then, all of a sudden, while traveling at this "satellite" speed, it moved on it's projectory at a speed that had to be 100 times that speed, covering a distance in a millisecond the same distance that had been taking it about 5 seconds. It then continued on its path at the satellite speed. It was actually at a distance higher than most satellites. No human-built aircraft, even a satellite, can do that. Everything about it was already strange causing me to prompt the guy next to me to look up at this light moving across the sky. It was after he looked up that it made its burst.

There's nothing more unreliable than a human witness. The mind can "perceive" anything it wants to, physically placing things in "existence" that aren't there at all. I've always followed the adage of "believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear". I understand quantum physics very well. I'm in the top-2% in math. I don't believe in invisible pink unicorns. At that moment in time, I was in the top 99.99% of all people in the world, as far as physical conditioning and health. Mentally, I was in good condition. Those skies at that hour in that location are some of the best in the world for viewing the outer atmospheres. There was not a cloud in the sky. I understand what the eye actually sees when it comes to converting wavelengths to images. I understand that nothing is actually there when we look at it.

If the reflections I saw were manipulated by magnetic forces or other physical warpings of the light, it could have explained the disappearance of the light during that burst, but it wouldn't have explained the distance traveled when it suddenly reappeared. I was also in public affairs in the U.S. Army at the time and had a level-2 FBI clearance and access to information that civilians had no access to, nor needed to have. For example, in Nov of 1980, the USSR moved tanks forward along the entire distance of the Iron Curtain (it's what they do to test new Presidents). While it was a threat, it was a threat that would have been carried out only if the incumbent Reagan didn't call their bluff. Nobody ever knew about this threat. It was never reported, but what Reagan, when he officially took office did, just to be sure, was that he canceled all requests for transfers, so that all personnel could be more "at the ready", should need be.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-15-2022 at 10:55 PM.

Objects in the air can often deceive us with their motion. I used to work just outside Dulles airport, and landing planes often looked like they were just hanging still in the air.
    Without a doubt. Heck. Ever been on a mountain with rolling hills building a structure? What looks level, can be a whole foot off. There's nothing less trustworthy than the human mind as far as what it thinks it sees. No two people see the exact same thing, and no person sees the same thing the same way more than once.

15. Likes:

WrongVerb (03-16-2022)

Interesting what gets revealed when you don't jump to conclusions, and instead let investigations take place and give time for things to come out...

Bizarre Drone Swarms That Harassed Navy Ships Demystified In New Docs

The War Zone has received a highly significant new set of documents from the U.S. Navy via the Freedom of Information Act about a series of enigmatic drone swarm events that occurred in the waters off Southern California in 2019. These incidents have come to be woven into an ongoing discussion about unidentified aerial phenomena, traditionally known as UFOs. In previous weeks, top defense officials told Congress that the 2019 swarm incidents were caused by drones. These new documents leave little doubt in that regard.

The documents include unprecedentedly detailed briefing materials and photographs from more than a half dozen incidents. Among these new incidents are previously unknown events that occurred in the early months of 2019 and were assessed by the Navy to involve intelligence collection operations. The new photographs also include images of drones apparently operating from an unresponsive civilian ship that was shadowing Navy vessels.

Speculation has swirled around these incidents in the last year, following high-profile leaks of night vision video footage depicting objects with an apparent triangular shape overflying Navy vessels. The unusual appearance of the objects led to widespread speculation that they were otherworldly UFOs, despite evidence that the Navy regarded the objects as conventional drones. The video was recently discussed in a congressional hearing on Unidentified Aerial Phenomena as an example of a solved case. According to Deputy Director of Naval Intelligence Scott Bray, the video was definitively identified as an unmanned aerial system (UAS) following a second swarm event that occurred off the East Coast of the United States this year.

Interesting what gets revealed when you don't jump to conclusions, and instead let investigations take place and give time for things to come out...

Is there anyone out there that doesn't support thorough investigations? I sure do, 100% of the time. UAP is only on the table if after these investigations, no other explanation explains the incident.

Events that can be explained by drone swarms are not the most interesting to me. I prefer the ones that defy our understanding of physics, of which there are many

18. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-14-2022)

Not so fast...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ldly-UFOs.html

Turn Off Ads?