Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reds Miinor League Game Thread for Tuesday, June 29, 2021.

Re: Reds Miinor League Game Thread for Tuesday, June 29, 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I’m not freaking out about Hunter or whatever nonsense, but want to point out this is why Hunter shouldn’t have jumped straight to the majors after 4 starts at AA or whatever. He needs more development. At this point he’s a thrower not a pitcher, and if AAA hitters are touching him, he’s not ready for primetime. I think he has a chance to be great, but folks need to chill out and be patient. I don’t think he should see majors this year other than maybe a september call-up.
    I agree he’s not quite major league ready but I also don’t think every start needs the microscope treatment from fans. He was pitching pretty well until a bad inning with an error by Barrero.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

BoxingRed (06-30-2021),Edd Roush (06-30-2021),Hillsdale87 (06-30-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I agree he’s not quite major league ready but I also don’t think every start needs the microscope treatment from fans. He was pitching pretty well until a bad inning with an error by Barrero.
    I don’t think that’s what I’m doing. I’m simply pointing out he needs more development and isn’t ready. Sure, an error extended the inning, but it’s AAA hitters and he still gave up the hits and runs.

Again, before I am told I am freaking out, I simply think he needs this season to develop more and I see absolutely no reason to rush him to the bigs.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I don’t think that’s what I’m doing. I’m simply pointing out he needs more development and isn’t ready. Sure, an error extended the inning, but it’s AAA hitters and he still gave up the hits and runs.

Again, before I am told I am freaking out, I simply think he needs this season to develop more and I see absolutely no reason to rush him to the bigs.
    I guess I just don’t think the drumbeat is THAT loud to call Greene up this moment. At most people are saying if he’s still pitching well in August he’d be a good addition to the pen, which strikes me as a reasonable position.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I guess I just don’t think the drumbeat is THAT loud to call Greene up this moment. At most people are saying if he’s still pitching well in August he’d be a good addition to the pen, which strikes me as a reasonable position.
    I don’t know, every time he strikes someone out Chad Dotson of Cincinnati magazine tweets “HE NEEDS TO BE UP YESTERDAY!” And a lot of fans seem to agree. A ton of RZers say the same stuff on ORG.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?