Turn Off Ads?

Thread: So I am going to Seattle next week ...

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

So I am going to Seattle next week ...

I know we have some folks on the board are out in that area. Thoughts or suggestions welcomed.

My wife, myself, and our 17 year old son will be staying downtown Seattle (pretty near the Space Needle). Loose plans include a Ferry ride to Bainbridge Island for a hike and visit the Brewery, a Mariners game, and the Pop Culture museum. We all enjoy history and/or local flavor - so a favorite hole in the wall restaurant or unique experience would be great. We are an adventurous group and will try about anything.

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-05-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: So I am going to Seattle next week ...

take the ferry over to sequim and stay there

Pike's market and the space needle are a must to do at least once. And eat plenty of seafood while you are there.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

See the Chihuli museum, also. And ride the ferris wheel.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

If you can get out of town I'd suggest the Ocean for sure or Mt Rainier. Otherwise stay out of the business district, stay along the waterfront, use public transportation

Cant recommend enough driving north up to Anacortes to ferry over to the San Juan Islands and go whale watching.

Wife and I did it last time we went out with the Reds to Seattle and still talk about it, in fact were going back in the fall.

Rainier is certainly worth the trip.

And if you really want to get adventurous and see some of the state.....head east out to Leavenworth, a cool little alpine village smack in the middle of the Cascades.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlite Graham View Post
    Cant recommend enough driving north up to Anacortes to ferry over to the San Juan Islands and go whale watching.

Wife and I did it last time we went out with the Reds to Seattle and still talk about it, in fact were going back in the fall.

Rainier is certainly worth the trip.

And if you really want to get adventurous and see some of the state.....head east out to Leavenworth, a cool little alpine village smack in the middle of the Cascades.
    I second talking the ferry to the San Juan Islands. It's a great trip even if you don't see whales.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Add a piece to the Gum Wall.

And say hello to the Fremont Troll.

When you go to Pike Place Market, there's a Russian bakery on the same street that offers amazing eats (Piroshky Piroshky). It has a long line for a reason. I third the San Juan Islands. And there are many awesome oyster bars/sushi restaurants/asian food joints. I'm NOT a fan of the Space Needle.

I appreciate the feedback. Will be sitting down with the Mrs. to fill in a few days we left open to consider these ideas.

I just realized I didn't post any feedback on this one. Yikes! I appreciate the input, helped us decide how to fit the most in.

Enjoyed:
    • Whale Watching - this was a huge hit. Saw bald eagles, porpoises, harbor seals, orcas and grey whales.
    • Hiking - Snow Lake. Nice uphill hike with plenty of switchbacks. Over the crest of the hill/mountain is a big boulder to sit on and see for miles. This overlooks a lake nestled in between 3 mountain peaks. Stunning. Mountains still had snow (in mid July) and so did the lake shore.
    • Mariners Game vs. Angels so got to see Ohtani in action.
    • Pop Culture Museum
    • Chihuli museum - Wife, 17 yr old son, and myself all enjoyed this quite a bit
    • Space Needle - pretty cool, hit this during the week if you can.
    • Sculture Park

So-so:
    • Pike's Market - walked around this one afternoon. Shops and people, not my thing.
    • Ferry to Bainbridge Island. Did a little hike there and ate dinner.
    • Gum wall

You can't do everything, we missed:
    • Very, very long line - Piroshky Piroshky
    • The Ferris Wheel
    • The Fremont Troll

Stops we enjoyed:
    • The Pink Door (dinner)
    • Five Points Cafe (Breakfast)
    • Bambinos Pizzeria (dinner)

Beers I enjoyed:
    • Rooftop: Paint the Town Amber
    • Boundary: Fielder Choice IPA
    • Stone: Liquid Poem Double IPA
    • Seapine: Positron IPA
    • Georgetown: Bodhizafa & Lucille
    • Diamond Knot: Brown Ale

14. Likes:

Boss-Hog (09-24-2021),Chip R (09-24-2021),GIK (09-25-2021),marcshoe (09-24-2021),redhawkfish (09-24-2021),Sea Ray (09-27-2021),westofyou (09-24-2021)

Turn Off Ads?