Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds Minor League Game Thread for Friday, July 2, 2021

Re: Reds Minor League Game Thread for Friday, July 2, 2021

Dayton Recap - The Dragons fell behind 6-zip in the first, and that was pretty much all she wrote. 10-3 Lugnuts.

Pitching: Everyone that toed the robber for Dayton gave up runs.

Hitting:

Francisco Urbaez - DBL, BB, RBI. OPS up to .860.
    Michael Siani - 2 BB.
    Mariel Bautista - SGL, BB, RS.
    Reniel Ozuna - 2 DBL, RS.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Daytona Recap - Daytona stretches its winning streak to 4 games, with another fine pitching performance. Turtles win 4-1.

Pitching -

James Marinan, making just his second start this season, pitched 5 hitless innings. He walked 4, while striking out 6.
    Stevie Branche recorded the last 4 outs, all on strikes. He earned his 2nd save. He has a remarkable 17.9 K/9.

Hitting -

Garrett Wolforth - SGL, DBL, BB, 2 RS. That effort pushes his OPS up to .804.
    Austin Hendrick - SGL, HR (2), RS, 3 RBI.
    Ranser Amador - SGL, BB, 2 SB (3).

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Louisville - 8:05 PM EDT - 20-30 - Jeff Hoffman will be making his third rehab start for Louisville. He has yet to give up an unearned run. Trivia time: He is the only major leaguer with a double letter 'f' in both his first and last names. Louisville are on a mini-roll, winners of 5 of their last 8 contests. Shane Carle has been released by the Bats. There must have been some sort of an agreement in his contract, since he is far from being the worst pitcher on the squad. He was working to a 3.45 ERA over 15 IP. He had a 15/5 K/BB. Ashton Godeau has been yo-yoed back to Louisville, as Sonny Gray has been activated. There is some buzz that Sonny came home with a list of names. Louisville is still dead last in runs scored with 203. They are also dead last in home runs with 32. The league leader in that category is Omaha at 96. On the bright side, they have struck out the fewest times with 370 Ks. The pitching staff is second in the league with 512. Jose Barrero's first Louisville homer left the stadium, and landed on Broadway Street.
    Listen as someone who (sometimes) does the same, I want you to know at least one person got the reference for the list of names. Well done. Took me a second.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

5. Likes:

texasdave (07-02-2021)

Daytona Recap - Daytona stretches its winning streak to 4 games, with another fine pitching performance. Turtles win 4-1.
    I didn't think they'd do it. But good for you Turtles. You Showed Me.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

7. Likes:

texasdave (07-02-2021)

Chattanooga - The game was scoreless until the top of the 7th when the Lookouts plated 4. They then held on for a 5-2 victory.

Pitching -

Connor Curlis with a fine effort. He went 6 shutout innings. He gave up 3 hits, walked nobody and struck out 3.
    Dauri Moreta worked the next two innings, and was charged with one run (unearned). He fanned 2, and his ERA dropped to 1.05.

Hitting -

Errol Robinson - 2 SGL, RS.
    Quincy McAfee - SGL, BB, RS.
    Lorenzo Cedrola - SGL, BB, RS, RBI and Outfield Assist.
    Wilson Garcia - 2 DBL, RS, 2 RBI.
    Yoel Yanqui - SGL, BB, RS.
    Olympian Mark Kolozsvary - SGL, BB.
    Braxton Lee - SGL, 2 DBL, 2 RBI.
    Robbie Tenerowicz - SGL, BB.

Louisville Recap - How did Carson Fulmer ever get on the Reds Major League Roster? Whoever is doing the pitching evaluations for the big club, really missed on Fulmer. Louisville falls to Nashville in 10 innings, 4-3. They scored one run in the top of the inning, and then Carson Fulmerized the bottom of th 10th. Completely Fulmerized it. His ERA is AAA is 6.94. /Rant

Pitching -

Jeff Hoffman went four innings in his third rehab start, and was nicked for one unearned run. He fanned 4.
    Brandon Finnegan kept the Sounds off the scoreboard for 2 innings.
    Tim Adleman and Carson Fulmer than hairballed the game away.

Hitting -

Max Schrock - SGL, BB.
    TJ Friedl - SGL, BB, RBI.
    Chris Okey - SGL, BB, HBP, RS.
    Brantley Bell - DBL, BB.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I didn't think they'd do it. But good for you Turtles. You Showed Me.
    A very underrated band. A ton of hits.

11. Likes:

JaxRed (07-02-2021),Mitri (07-03-2021),Old school 1983 (07-02-2021)

Louisville Recap - How did Carson Fulmer ever get on the Reds Major League Roster? Whoever is doing the pitching evaluations for the big club, really missed on Fulmer. Louisville falls to Nashville in 10 innings, 4-3. They scored one run in the top of the inning, and then Carson Fulmerized the bottom of th 10th. Completely Fulmerized it. His ERA is AAA is 6.94. /Rant

Pitching -

Jeff Hoffman went four innings in his third rehab start, and was nicked for one unearned run. He fanned 4.
    Brandon Finnegan kept the Sounds off the scoreboard for 2 innings.
    Tim Adleman and Carson Fulmer than hairballed the game away.

Hitting -

Max Schrock - SGL, BB.
    TJ Friedl - SGL, BB, RBI.
    Chris Okey - SGL, BB, HBP, RS.
    Brantley Bell - DBL, BB.
    I think it's time to move on from some of the fluff in the Bats pen (Adleman, Fulmer, Shipley, etc.) and bring up some of the Lookout arms performing well like Moreta, Demurias, and Howard.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

13. Likes:

JaxRed (07-03-2021),Tom Servo (07-03-2021)

Turn Off Ads?