Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: With Milwaukee starting to run away with the division....

Re: With Milwaukee starting to run away with the division....

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Why do you care what I’m posting? Ignore and move on. I could go in circles on that junk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because meta-posting is trash. And certain people do it way more than others.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Except it hasn't. 2015-18 was a very different kettle of fish.
    Yes, a 75 win team is a marked departure.

Reds Last Stand. While I worry the bullpen deals are two weeks too late, I am happy they at least did something.

This team can still claw their way back in the playoffs, but clearly the momentum needs to start right fricking now!
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

5. Likes:

REDREAD (07-28-2021),wlf WV (07-29-2021)

Milwaukee is on pace to finish the season with 94 wins and win the Central.

If MIL maintains that pace then the Reds need to win 42 of their last 61 games to match them...a .689 W% from now until the regular season finale.

Time to pull out your JOBU dolls and pray that Milwaukee crashes and the Reds new bullpen pieces thrive.

7. Likes:

Assembly Hall (07-29-2021),REDREAD (07-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    Milwaukee is on pace to finish the season with 94 wins and win the Central.

If MIL maintains that pace then the Reds need to win 42 of their last 61 games to match them...a .689 W% from now until the regular season finale.

Time to pull out your JOBU dolls and pray that Milwaukee crashes and the Reds new bullpen pieces thrive.
    And their remaining series against the Brewers is essentially a must-sweep.

9. Likes:

REDREAD (07-28-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Why do you care what I’m posting? Ignore and move on. I could go in circles on that junk.

I made an observation about fcb while also a acknowledging I enjoy most interactions. I’m allowed to do that too.

Now if we really want to debate who brings zero value to the board, you might take the cake on that one, Todd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You made a great point, Patrick. I actually respect a lot of your takes even though I disagree with you. Touche.

But, at least you respond to me unlike the losers who "liked" your post and won't even debate anything.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 07-28-2021 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Except it hasn't. 2015-18 was a very different kettle of fish.
    We've won 2 playoff games in 25 years. How exactly are we not trash?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    We've won 2 playoff games in 25 years. How exactly are we not trash?
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Reds currently have a better chance of winning the last WC spot than the NL Central.

BR: 10.7% WC/4.3% D
    FG: 7.8% WC/6.2% D

Just keep winning (but also root for the Brewers, Padres and Giants to lose).

14. Likes:

goreds2 (07-29-2021),HokieRed (07-29-2021),Old school 1983 (07-29-2021),Tom Servo (07-29-2021)

reds' schedule gets a lot easier in august/september/3 days in october. a lot of series against the pirates. a couple against the marlins.

brewers' schedule gets harder. let's see how it plays out. i have a feeling the brewers have a losing streak in them.

and yes, second wildcard also a possibility. maybe the padres or giants will collapse.

16. Likes:

Old school 1983 (07-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by JFLegal View Post
    reds' schedule gets a lot easier in august/september/3 days in october. a lot of series against the pirates. a couple against the marlins.

brewers' schedule gets harder. let's see how it plays out. i have a feeling the brewers have a losing streak in them.

and yes, second wildcard also a possibility. maybe the padres or giants will collapse.
    I said at the start of the year the standings in the Central will reflect who had played the Pirates the most/most recently. Milwaukee is good, but I believe they are benefiting from getting fat on Pittsburgh. I expect them to come down to earth a bit. Will it be enough for the Reds to catch them? Guess we’ll see.

18. Likes:

JFLegal (07-29-2021),REDREAD (07-29-2021)

If you don’t want to be sad, don’t look at the brewers schedule the rest of the way out. I know it is supposed to be tough, but it’s a cake walk sans two series against SFG, a few games against NYM, and maybe the ending series against LAD
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

20. Likes:

REDREAD (07-30-2021)

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    If you don’t want to be sad, don’t look at the brewers schedule the rest of the way out. I know it is supposed to be tough, but it’s a cake walk sans two series against SFG, a few games against NYM, and maybe the ending series against LAD
    August is gonna be huge. My napkin math says that if everything goes reasonably well, Cincinnati can gain 4-5 games on them, but that leaves very little margin for error. The 24-26 series is a must-win.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    I said at the start of the year the standings in the Central will reflect who had played the Pirates the most/most recently. Milwaukee is good, but I believe they are benefiting from getting fat on Pittsburgh. I expect them to come down to earth a bit. Will it be enough for the Reds to catch them? Guess we’ll see.
    I just don’t see Milwaukee hitting a sustained slump. Having a “stopper” of a starter is what prevents long losing streaks for any team. The Brewers essentially have 3 starters meeting that criteria. I just don’t see barring injury them falling.

I hope I’m wrong, but the Brewers sweep and 3-6 home stand will be the point where the we got lapped in the pool (olympic reference).

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    August is gonna be huge. My napkin math says that if everything goes reasonably well, Cincinnati can gain 4-5 games on them, but that leaves very little margin for error. The 24-26 series is a must-win.
    16 of their games in august are against Pitt, Chc, Min, and Wash. Thats a big schedule break with Chc and Was selling off.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

24. Likes:

REDREAD (07-30-2021)

Turn Off Ads?