Turn Off Ads?
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: With Milwaukee starting to run away with the division....

Re: With Milwaukee starting to run away with the division....

milwaukee ain't runnin away with ish.

2. Likes:

Griffey012 (08-09-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    Not crazy about facing the teams in the East that rising almost as quickly as the Reds.
    I’m still not buying either one as a legit contender, they’ve both just finally got over .500 by beating up on the stripped-bare Nationals, and the Mets have a million and one injuries.

Still, they are playing better baseball and 6 games in Atlanta/Philly is definitely a challenge. Of course you’d like to win both series but I’d probably be happy with winning 3. Thankfully the schedule from that point on is very friendly besides 3 games with Milwaukee, 3 games with LA, and 2 games with Chicago AL.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I’m still not buying either one as a legit contender, they’ve both just finally got over .500 by beating up on the stripped-bare Nationals, and the Mets have a million and one injuries.

Still, they are playing better baseball and 6 games in Atlanta/Philly is definitely a challenge. Of course you’d like to win both series but I’d probably be happy with winning 3. Thankfully the schedule from that point on is very friendly besides 3 games with Milwaukee, 3 games with LA, and 2 games with Chicago AL.
    And with any luck the White Sox will be playing with zero urgency at that point.

6. Likes:

Tom Servo (08-08-2021)

I'm not a system player. I am a system.

8. Likes:

klw (08-09-2021),Ron Madden (08-09-2021)

Current fact I heard today

Every Brewer starter is at their career high in IP right now, E V E R Y one.

Remember, attrition is the real enemy

10. Likes:

757690 (08-08-2021),Big Klu (08-09-2021),M2 (08-08-2021),Ron Madden (08-09-2021),Stray (08-08-2021),TRF (08-09-2021),vaticanplum (08-09-2021)

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

Once, my wife and I were pulling into a supermarket parking lot right as this lady on a bicycle rolled in and rode over a small speed bump that caused her bicycle to instantaneously implode and fall apart. Her wheel dislodged and she dropped her bags but she didn’t fall over or get hurt, so she ended up practically standing there holding only a pair of handlebars like she was in a Looney Tunes cartoon with bike pieces rolling all around her. It happened almost 10 years ago and we can’t stop thinking about it.

Anyway, I hope this happens to the Brewers.

12. Likes:

Big Klu (08-09-2021),Kilgore_Trout (08-08-2021),M2 (08-08-2021),Patrick Bateman (08-08-2021),RedlegJake (08-09-2021),Sabo Fan (08-09-2021),StRedlegs900 (08-08-2021),TRF (08-09-2021),vaticanplum (08-09-2021),westofyou (08-08-2021),WildcatFan (08-09-2021)

We are slowly reeling them in....but our schedule over the next week is more challenging than the Brewers. We have a game against the Indians, series against the Braves and Phillies...all on the road against teams that are mostly still competing for something. The Brewers have a depleted Cubs and the Pirates on the road. It is essential we do not slip multiple games to the Brewers over the next week.

The Padres have a really favorable schedule over the next couple weeks before their schedule gets rougher. We have to keep pace until theirs toughens and our lightens.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

14. Likes:

malcontent (08-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Once, my wife and I were pulling into a supermarket parking lot right as this lady on a bicycle rolled in and rode over a small speed bump that caused her bicycle to instantaneously implode and fall apart. Her wheel dislodged and she dropped her bags but she didn’t fall over or get hurt, so she ended up practically standing there holding only a pair of handlebars like she was in a Looney Tunes cartoon with bike pieces rolling all around her. It happened almost 10 years ago and we can’t stop thinking about it.

Anyway, I hope this happens to the Brewers.
    I could see this happening

16. Likes:

Larry Schuler (08-08-2021)

Crusty old Brett Anderson is no where near his career high. That statement just didn’t seem right knowing he is in their rotation.

Now for the guys that matter, it’s true.

18. Likes:

westofyou (08-08-2021)

With Milwaukee starting to run away with the division....

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Crusty old Brett Anderson is no where near his career high. That statement just didn’t seem right knowing he is in their rotation.

Now for the guys that matter, it’s true.
    I heard it had on the Giants broadcast, chances are good they said a more finite number, and I spitballed it but yeah ouch

I heard it had on the Giants broadcast, chances are good they said a more finite number, and I spitballed it but yeah ouch
    I think the Brewers could win the whole thing if their pitchers aren’t fatigued.

So if I were running them I’d have my eye on the standings and try to win the division on fumes and have my big three ready to go come October.

I would hate to plan like that it but what’s their alternative?

Turn Off Ads?