Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2021 Part IV: Does anyone want this title?

NBA 2021 Part IV: Does anyone want this title?

The Clippers escaped their own bad karma against Dallas and now the Jazz have got to be thinking a whole lot of words in their heads you can't say out loud in Utah. More importantly, at some point in this series will the Clips bust out their retro Buffalo Braves unis? Do it for Randy Smith.

Meanwhile the East is the most pick-'em conference I've ever seen.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NBA 2021 Part IV: Does anyone want this title?

Philly should be prohibitive favorites over Atlanta. They have three All-NBA or near All-NBA guys this season, including a top-two MVP candidate. Atlanta has one All-NBA caliber guy (maybe). It'll be interesting to see if the Sixers go back to that trapping, double-teaming full court defense. Or perhaps Thybulle gets more play with Embiid, Simmons, Curry, and Harris.

4. Likes:

goreds2 (06-07-2021),Revering4Blue (06-07-2021)

Hawks finished regular season 27-11 after Nate McMillan took over for Lloyd Pierce and they are now 5-1 in the post-season, winning 3 of 4 playoff games on the road as the lower seed.

What they lack in superstar name recognition they seem to make up for with a really good and deep roster. Being excluded from the 2020 Disney bubble meant it took a little longer this season to get things clicking, but it also has them playing with more than a little fire in their guts.

All of the pre and post game 1 talk has understandably been about Embiid’s knee. He couldn’t have played any better and Philly still lost game 1. Not much talk tho of the Hawks getting the W w/o one of their starters in D’Andre Hunter. If/When Hunter can go again, his presence in the lineup makes the Hawks a lot better and harder to trap all game long if that’s what Doc decides he has to do to keep Philly in it.

6. Likes:

Bourgeois Zee (06-07-2021),Revering4Blue (06-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The Clippers escaped their own bad karma against Dallas and now the Jazz have got to be thinking a whole lot of words in their heads you can't say out loud in Utah. More importantly, at some point in this series will the Clips bust out their retro Buffalo Braves unis? Do it for Randy Smith.

Meanwhile the East is the most pick-'em conference I've ever seen.
    I didn’t really care if it was Dallas or the Clippers to be honest. They both have their own challenges. I still like Utah. The Clippers have a good small ball lineup that they used to win game 6 and 7, but is that working against Utah? Probably not. Do they have to play Zubac again to deal with Gobert and what does that do to them on offense?

They have the best player in the series, which is always nice to have and will certainly benefit them in tight games. Jazz have a lot better team, more flexibility, more depth, better shooting, better defense, better rebounding, better coaching.

Now that Luka is out, I will be very interested in the tv ratings for the rest of the playoffs. I thought after the Lakers, Celtics, Knicks, Lebron and Steph were out of the playoffs, Luka would be the only chance the NBA had to pull in the casual fans for ratings. For whatever reason, guys like Giannis, Jokic, Durant, etc. have never really pulled in the casual fan to provide good ratings....and I am not even sure Luka will have that ability, although he appears to be the best positioned. I think it would have been a good test run for the NBA if Luka was in the 2nd Round as Lebron and Steph's window closes, and have really been the only proven television rating draws the NBA has had since Kobe retired.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I feel like LA should use Cousins in this series. I understand not using him against Dallas based on KPs skill set but LA will need bodies on Rudy, otherwise they'll risk getting hit with big runs due to offensive boards. They cannot play small ball and win this series.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    I feel like LA should use Cousins in this series. I understand not using him against Dallas based on KPs skill set but LA will need bodies on Rudy, otherwise they'll risk getting hit with big runs due to offensive boards. They cannot play small ball and win this series.
    I don't know about that. They might be able to make Gobert an accessory and run his legs off of him. We've seen it done. Seems like a great series for Serge Ibaka, though I thought that about the last series too. Anyway, I expect the Clips to throw a healthy amount of small ball Rudy's way.

11. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-07-2021)

I don't know about that. They might be able to make Gobert an accessory and run his legs off of him. We've seen it done. Seems like a great series for Serge Ibaka, though I thought that about the last series too. Anyway, I expect the Clips to throw a healthy amount of small ball Rudy's way.
    I think they will too because the trade off of putting Zubac out there seems worse.

I still think Utah will like their chances if the march up requires more shots from Morris, Batum and Kennard and forcing Kawhi to have to play two way the entire series by guarding Mitchell. If anyone besides Kawhi takes him Mitchell it getting 40 against that small ball lineup.

Serge could be huge for LA, but will he play and if he does how much will his back allow him to contribute.

Does Rudy struggle against fast paced teams? Not saying he doesnt just genuinely asking because im not overly familiar with Utah. I feel like he'd absolutely devour LA on the inside, especially if Utah isnt playing down. If they're up and they can dictate a half court game it's going to get ugly if they can't put a body on him, even if it's just for 5 fouls and hope he doesnt find a rhythm. If Rudy doesnt have the endurance to run and has to be off he floor then I could definitely see the advantage of using Serge.
    Last edited by Rojo Rijo; 06-07-2021 at 04:33 PM.

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-07-2021)

Harden?? We don't need no stinkin' James Harden!

Every time Kevin Durant puts up a shot, I expect it to fall.

Now, that was a pathetic effort by the Bucks.
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-07-2021 at 09:42 PM.

As for the question in the thread title, part of the answer seems to be "not the Bucks."

As for the question in the thread title, part of the answer seems to be "not the Bucks."
    I almost feel bad for Bucks fans.....their best team in a long time has not even been competitive with a non-Harden Nets to this point.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Tom Thibideau is not the COY, Monte Williams is best coach of the the year in taking Phoenix to new heights.
    Big market bias rears it’s head again for the NBA. Bad for the league.

19. Likes:

BillDoran (06-08-2021),Stray (06-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Tom Thibideau is not the COY, Monte Williams is best coach of the the year in taking Phoenix to new heights.
    Big market bias rears it’s head again for the NBA. Bad for the league.
    I didn't even think it would be close. Williams seemed like the obvious pick.

21. Likes:

Stray (06-08-2021)

Doncic plans to sign a supermax ext...

Bobby Marks: Here is the breakdown on what a Luka Doncic extension would look like: 2022-23 | $34.7M, 2023-24 | $37.5M, 2024-25 | $40.3M, 2025-26 | $43.1M, 2026-27 | $45.9M. This is based on a $115M cap in 2022-23
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?