Turn Off Ads?
Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Ohio State Football

Re: 2021 Ohio State Football

This game shouldn't have been surprising to anyone who's watched both teams the whole season and didn't fall into the "but it's Ohio State" trap. I told a couple of my friends who bet on sports to go big for Michigan, but they thought it would be a blowout the other way. The strengths of Michigan are what OSU has struggled with the whole year. Michigan was going to be able to run the ball on that team. If these teams played on a neutral site again next week, I would expect the outcome to be similar.

And not that it would have made a difference on the outcome of the game, but it's hard to believe how bad the refs were in this game. It was one of the more one-sided officiated games I've seen a long time. There was so much missed holding and PI it was ridiculous.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Likes:

GAC (11-29-2021),Revering4Blue (11-29-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    "So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Olave, Wilson, Harrison, NPF, Ruckert at min going to opt out
    Maybe but Rose Bowl is the one bowl outside the CFP where most tend to play.

Homecoming game for Olave and Stroud.

Utah is legit and would pose an interesting challenge. The Utes fanbase would be off the charts giddy making it to the Rose Bowl.

Michigan Police Troll Ohio State Fans After Wolverines' Upset Win

Following Michigan's 42-27 win against Ohio State, the Wolverines were not the only ones celebrating.

The Michigan State Police Department—a unit that oversees Macomb, Oakland and Wayne counties—shared a tweet trolling Ohio State fans following the Buckeyes' loss on Saturday.

"Those leaving Ann Arbor, please drive and celebrate safely, the tweet read. "If you happen to be heading to the state [Ohio] down south, you can really take your time, your season is over #DriveMichiganSafely."
    https://www.si.com/college/2021/11/2...n=end-of-story
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Maybe but Rose Bowl is the one bowl outside the CFP where most tend to play.

Homecoming game for Olave and Stroud.

Utah is legit and would pose an interesting challenge. The Utes fanbase would be off the charts giddy making it to the Rose Bowl.
    Ward sat it out last time. I wouldn't even consider playing in that game if I were Olave and Wilson.

If it is Utah I think they beat OSU easily.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Utah is a crushing run offense team. That would be a tough matchup...
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

8. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (11-29-2021)

Any worry about Day heading to the Bears to coach Fields...some speculation but nothing really confirmed just a lot of internet chatter about the possibility.

...with the contracts being handed out by PSU and Mich ST I don't think the Bears have a shot.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Any worry about Day heading to the Bears to coach Fields...some speculation but nothing really confirmed just a lot of internet chatter about the possibility.

...with the contracts being handed out by PSU and Mich ST I don't think the Bears have a shot.
    No way. But, even if he did, it would be hello Coach Fickell, and would likely be a blessing in disguise

I mean he's not wrong but you probably shouldn't say it publicly...

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...t-a-tough-team

12. Likes:

BillDoran (11-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I mean he's not wrong but you probably shouldn't say it publicly...

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-...t-a-tough-team
    I went to a football clinic once where Jack harbaugh spoke (Jim and John's father). He spoke about the time when Jim was at Stanford and they ran Power Right and Power left 28 straight times vs USC to prove they could stop it. Felt exactly like that on Saturday. So much respect for the Harbaugh family.

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-29-2021)

"So Fla Red"

If it is Utah I think they beat OSU easily.

No way. But, even if he did, it would be hello Coach Fickell, and would likely be a blessing in disguise

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Not saying Day is a bad coach. I’m just saying I think Fickell is likely better. Day doesn’t have Urban’s croots anymore and doesn’t seem good at putting a good defensive coaching staff together. The team is soft, and that’s inexcusable. They played two physical teams this year and got dominated by both. The defense had 0 TFL’s against UM. Inexcusable. The OL was an absolute dumpster fire this year. He gave the thumbs up on playing 4 tackles at the same time. Clearly because he was afraid Johnson or D Jones would transfer. Again, inexcusable and a huge red flag. It’s OSU, if Johnson or Jones want to transfer, let them and reload. Also, the team was absolutely not prepared for the physicality of UM Saturday. Again, inexcusable. Urban and Tressel would have never let that happen. OSU players looked scared or disinterested. If this happens again next year against UM he will be fired. Regardless of regular season. This isn’t the 90s anymore.

Again, I’m not saying fire Day. He’s clearly a good coach. However, he’s been exposed this year and he needs to fix it immediately. I would absolutely take Fickell over him right now. No doubt.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 11-30-2021 at 11:29 AM.

Not saying Day is a bad coach. I’m just saying I think Fickell is likely better. Day doesn’t have Urban’s croots anymore and doesn’t seem good at putting a good defensive coaching staff together. The team is soft, and that’s inexcusable. They played two physical teams this year and got dominated by both. The defense had 0 TFL’s against UM. Inexcusable. The OL was an absolute dumpster fire this year. He gave the thumbs up on playing 4 tackles at the same time. Clearly because he was afraid Johnson or D Jones would transfer. Again, inexcusable and a huge red flag. It’s OSU, if Johnson or Jones want to transfer, let them and reload. Also, the team was absolutely not prepared for the physicality of UM Saturday. Again, inexcusable. Urban and Tressel would have never let that happen. OSU players looked scared or disinterested. If this happens again next year against UM he will be fired. Regardless of regular season. This isn’t the 90s anymore.

Again, I’m not saying fire Day. He’s clearly a good coach. However, he’s been exposed this year and he needs to fix it immediately. I would absolutely take Fickell over him right now. No doubt.
    I’d only disagree slightly where I don’t think Oregon was a getting out physicaled thing, it was a being bad at football thing. Michigan was absolutely not wanting to stay in the fight. It looked like they had adjusted in the second quarter but when Michigan punched back again they absolutely were not ready for it. The Gattis quote, while being an incredibly stupid thing to say that I think he will live to regret this time next year, is completely accurate and needs to be a wake up call if they weren’t already awake. Ohio State basically did to Clemson last season what Michigan did to Ohio State Saturday. It’s a bummer you can’t just learn the lesson instead of having it actually happen. I have a lot of confidence in Day though. The defensive hires are hugely important, but there’s no way this will be a status quo thing.

19. Likes:

BillDoran (11-30-2021)

Wrong thread

"So Fla Red"

Interesting note that if Fickell (or Freeman) ends up with the Notre Dame job. Game 1 is at Columbus on 9/3/22...

Turn Off Ads?