Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 63 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Ohio State Football

2021 Ohio State Football

https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...to-ohio-state/

Buckeyes add the number 1 recruit in the 2021 class according to 247.

The top player on the board in 2021 finally has a home. J.T. Tuimoloau, a five-star defensive lineman from Eastside Catholic in Sammamish, Washington, announced his commitment to Ohio State live Sunday on CBS Sports HQ. One of the few remaining uncommitted prospects in the 2021 class, Tuimoloau is ranked No. 1 overall by 247Sports experts and No. 3 nationally in the 247Sports Composite rankings.

Tuimoloau as a late addition becomes the 22nd member of Ohio State's 2021 recruiting class, which is ranked No. 2 overall in the 247Sports Composite team rankings. He'll be attending a school that has produced several top-tier pass-rushers in recent seasons with Joey Bosa, Nick Bosa and Chase Young all having been selected among the top three picks in NFL Drafts since 2016.

As for the potential impact Tuimoloau could have on the Buckeyes defense, Bill Kurelic of Bucknuts explains: "In my 35 years of covering recruiting, I would call Tuimoloau and [fellow 2021 Ohio State commit Jack] Sawyer the best two defensive end recruits to ever sign with the same school in the same recruiting class.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Likes:

BillDoran (07-06-2021),DocRed (07-05-2021),Hillsdale87 (07-05-2021)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2021 Ohio State Football

Tuimoloau was a major get! Just curious, do you guys still have 3 available scholarships for 2021, or were they owed to 2020 (Blue Shirts?)?
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Tuimoloau was a major get! Just curious, do you guys still have 3 available scholarships for 2021, or were they owed to 2020 (Blue Shirts?)?
    That’s a good question. I am unsure and not sure how to find out. I know they added a LB transfer from USC. Former 5 star Palaie Gaoteote.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    That’s a good question. I am unsure and not sure how to find out. I know they added a LB transfer from USC. Former 5 star Palaie Gaoteote.
    If I had to guess, I would bet Day has 1 or 2 in his back pocket in case of an unexpected opportunity. Worse case scenario, it is awarded to a deserving upper classman walk-on if there is no need for it before the season.
    “The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

7. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (07-05-2021)

Sawyer is a beast. Hard to believe that there was a DE rated higher AND the Bucks landed him in addition to Sawyer.

9. Likes:

DocRed (07-05-2021),RedTeamGo! (07-05-2021)

JTT!!!!!!!!! Wow....JTT and Jack Sawyer coming off the other side is gonna terrorize the Big Ten for at a least 3 years! I love it!!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I just do not understand this reclassifying at the drop of a hat at all. Not to hijack the thread, but WVU signed a kid for the 2023 class in basketball and he just announced he is reclassifying to the 2021 class. I just do not recall setting around in 10th grade thinking, "you know what, I think I am going to go ahead and graduate this year".
    ― Marcus Aurelius

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    This just has bad idea written all over it...

Ewers has reclassified and will be enrolling this fall.

He’s going to be behind, but if he’s as advertised hard to see how he doesn’t find the field at some point this season.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Ewers has reclassified and will be enrolling this fall.

He’s going to be behind, but if he’s as advertised hard to see how he doesn’t find the field at some point this season.
    If Ewers sees the field it will look a lot like the 2008 season.

I think the idea that he is ready to play at the OSU level is being a little hyperbolic.

Ewers is 17 years old right now, and while Texas HS football is played at a high level, it isn't Power 5 football.

I do think he sees the field this year, but don't think he takes the starting job until 2022.

16. Likes:

RiverRat13 (08-02-2021)

The QB room will be interesting going forward.

Stroud sounds like the starter and assuming he plays well (which all Day QBs have; it's a very QB-friendly system), he's entrenched for two years.

By all accounts Kyle McCord, himself a 5-star, has been very good since arriving on campus in January.

I also think some of the Ewers hype is lightly deflating. Reporting had him as good but not outrageously so at the Elite 11, and Cade Klubnik (who also beat him in the state championship game) took home the MVP prize.

If McCord or Ewers are as good as advertised, it seems as likely they'll take the Joe Burrow path as they'll lead the Buckeyes to everlasting glory. Hard to picture either sitting for two full seasons.

To top it all of, the Buckeyes are very aggressively courting 2024 super prospect Jadyn Davis.

I don’t want to flood the other college thread with too much OSU stuff, so will do the recap here.

I think there was more positives than negatives there and in general that was a pretty tough situation to open in. Minnesota might be good too (although reports are Ibrahim ruptured his Achilles).

I’m not going to complain about all the big play TDs, but honestly it might have been better for Stroud and the offense to have longer drives and get more reps. The only real drive they had got blown up by a holding call and a bad snap and they kicked the FG. It was good to see Stroud settle down and have a pretty solid second half, but he’s gonna need a lot of progress if this is gonna be a national title contender. The rest of the offense is just ridiculous so hopefully he can catch up.

The defense was basically what I expected I guess. It was good to see Harrison make an impact and I thought those young corners generally were good. They looked athletic at least. I guess I thought there were a lot of good individual performances, but it didn’t necessarily translate into a great team performance, but there were moments at least. Also the roughing the passer that took away that pick was ridiculous and ultimately made this game look way closer than it was.

So overall I think you can see that crazy level of talent but a lot of work to do to be a title team. Oregon will be a solid and difficult match up next week.

19. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (09-03-2021)

I think Burke is going to have growing pains this year but I think he will be all-B1G/all-american type when he’s a sophomore/junior

Henderson is going to be elite, may already be. JK Dobbins 2.0, but might be better.

I think they are going to lose next week because of Stroud. If/when this happens the screams for Ewers are going to get loud quickly.

***I am not going to be one screaming for Ewers, he should be a HS senior right now. If anything it sounds like McCord really pushed Stroud this spring and summer. But either way, if they lose to Oregon Columbus is going to flip out at Stroud.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 09-03-2021 at 09:56 AM.

I think the offense looked ok. I was a little disappointed that Henderson didn't get more touches, although that will come. Stroud settled down nicely and played well. Olave and Wilson are going to be problems for the rest of the B1G.

The D is where the question marks have to be. Overall I think they played ok due to who they were missing. I was disappointed that Harrison and Smith didn't reek more havoc on the QB. I saw a lot of JTT which I thought was impressive, but very little of Sawyer.

Burke may be a star, but is still very raw. I like Ransom and he needs to play more. The LB's were ok, more Simon and Mitchell, it still shocks me that the coaching staff went with Tuf over Mitchell, but that has been talked about to no end.

The B1G did the top teams no favors this year. Opening on the road against a quality opponent is tough. I would rather see a patsy the first game and then get the quality opponents. The real growth of this team will happen from week 4-5. This team will be a far better team in a few weeks than it showed today.

22. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (09-03-2021)

Turn Off Ads?