Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 76 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Bengals Part VI: PLAYOFFS?!???!

Cincinnati Bengals Part VI: PLAYOFFS?!???!

New thread for the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cincinnati Bengals Part VI: PLAYOFFS?!???!

How many playoff teams throw their final regular season game? Do they ever win in the postseason?

Shameful performance today.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    How many playoff teams throw their final regular season game? Do they ever win in the postseason?

It was ugly football for sure but shameful seems a bit much.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

It was a preseason game.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Ridiculous take.

When it comes to setting players in a meaningless game I understand both sides of that argument. Before the broadcast they were talking that if the Bengals were to win today there were a couple scenarios that could occur where the Bengals could have got the #2 seed.

But again, is that still worth the risk of injury to key players when you've already got a playoff spot locked up?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Well, now the Steelers can knock the Bengals out of the playoffs, yet again. Who could have seen it coming? Wonder who they’ll injure to make it happen this time?

As for the game itself? I checked in at halftime and after it was over. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Pittsburgh wins in overtime on a field goal 16-13.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

yeah... I tried to watch and made it to the end of the 1st quarter. And that was after waiting an hour so I could fast-forward past the commercials. Even commercial free, Brandon and the Backups were still unwatchable.

Ravens/Steelers game was a good one though.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

11. Likes:

goreds2 (01-09-2022),Sea Ray (01-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin90 View Post
    Well, now the Steelers can knock the Bengals out of the playoffs, yet again. Who could have seen it coming? Wonder who they’ll injure to make it happen this time?
    We can’t play them in the 1st round.

- - - Updated - - -

So best case scenario:

Dolphins beat Pats.
    Bills beat Jets.
    Raiders beat Chargers.

We get the Raiders.

13. Likes:

RiverRat13 (01-09-2022)

14-0 Fish.

Rodgers sat out the second half and the Packers lost to Detroit. Think they care?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    We can’t play them in the 1st round.

- - - Updated - - -

So best case scenario:

Dolphins beat Pats.
    Bills beat Jets.
    Raiders beat Chargers.

We get the Raiders.
    I didn’t say what round the Steelers would do it in. Either the Bengals will take themselves out by choking again in round 1 or the Steelers will knock them out later on. Either way, the Steelers making it to the postseason just sealed the fate of our
    season, yet again.

17. Likes:

goreds2 (01-09-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Larkin90 View Post
    I didn’t say what round the Steelers would do it in. Either the Bengals will take themselves out by choking again in round 1 or the Steelers will knock them out later on. Either way, the Steelers making it to the postseason just sealed the fate of our
    season, yet again.
    Huh? It's shaping up to where they wouldn't meet until AFC title game. If it's bengals vs. Steelers to go to the super bowl, I'll take my chances. And be thrilled with the season either way.
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Huh? It's shaping up to where they wouldn't meet until AFC title game. If it's bengals vs. Steelers to go to the super bowl, I'll take my chances. And be thrilled with the season either way.
    Yeah exactly. That means the Steelers went into KC and Tennessee and won and the Bengals are hosting the AFC Championship Game. It also ignores that the Steelers stink and are gonna lose to KC by like 28.

20. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (01-10-2022),GAC (01-10-2022),oregonred (01-09-2022)

Turn Off Ads?