Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 63 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Ohio State Football

Re: 2021 Ohio State Football

That bunch formation repeatedly is giving the Buckeyes fits.

I can’t see replacing Stroud now. Maybe next game, but this would be a rough spot to put a freshman QB in with now game experience. Besides, they’re just going to hand it off to Henderson.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm a Maryland fan but I live in Columbus so I watch most of the Buckeye games. They just look average. What is the deal? My friends have been talking about Coombs being bad but some of this looks like they are just getting beat from an athletic perspective rather than scheme.

I don't mean to pile on. Just curious.

What was the defense doing in the off-season? It's so frustrating to see guys wide open on every play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    I'm a Maryland fan but I live in Columbus so I watch most of the Buckeye games. They just look average. What is the deal? My friends have been talking about Coombs being bad but some of this looks like they are just getting beat from an athletic perspective rather than scheme.

I don't mean to pile on. Just curious.
    Defensive recruiting was not as good the last couple years under Meyer and it's showing up

6. Likes:

schmidty622 (09-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Defensive recruiting was not as good the last couple years under Meyer and it's showing up

One of my friends did also mention that they pretty much didn't recruit top CBs for two years? Seems not great, but still I would expect their athletes to just be better than what I've seen so far.

Teague is horrible. Where is Miyan Williams to spell Henderson? Again, Teague needs to not touch the ball moving forward.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Great play by Martinez. Not sure what Coombs had against him. He got burnt on an open field tackle early today but has looked solid overall and he seems to read the ball well.

Huge game by Henderson. I’ve been frothing at the mouth for him to get more carries.

11. Likes:

kaldaniels (09-18-2021),RedTeamGo! (09-18-2021)

Stroud not being part of the running game is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Stroud not being part of the running game is frustrating.
    Apparently he has an injured shoulder. If he’s that hurt, I ask: why is he playing every single snap?

14. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (09-19-2021),kaldaniels (09-18-2021),RiverRat13 (09-18-2021)

This is a winless, last place team in the American Conference, who lit us up for 501 Total Yards. Their QB threw for 428 yards, and their receivers did well (Johnson 8 rec for 149 yds). Meanwhile, Stroud 15/25 185 yds. Both QBs had 2 turnovers. That late INT that Cameron Martinez returned for a 61yd TD made the score look worse than it was.

It ain't just Coombs IMO. This is a really young Buckeye team. And I foresee possibly a couple more losses. Penn State and Michigan State are looking stout. Harbaugh may have a chance this season.

I think, right now, fans are going to see what type of HC Daly really is as the team (players, recuits) become more and more his.
    Last edited by GAC; 09-19-2021 at 08:23 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

16. Likes:

Redsfaithful (09-19-2021)

Henderson's emergence will help Stroud or whoever ends up the QB this year. I also think Gaoteote will play more as the season goes on he only had 1 tackle but it was a monster stop. I think it's unrealistic for the D to turn on a dime after the first week of such a dramatic change but it was the right move to remove Coombs from calling the plays. I would also go nickel corner and play Banks, Brown and Burke since every safety has been pretty terrible.

I’m a little surprised not much has been said about the Buckeye’s superstar running back. 277 yards and 3 TDs. Most fan bases are doing backflips. We are *****ing about the defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    I’m a little surprised not much has been said about the Buckeye’s superstar running back. 277 yards and 3 TDs. Most fan bases are doing backflips. We are *****ing about the defense.
    I am very excited about Henderson, have been for about 2 years. With that said, it’s difficult to get excited about this buckeyes team right now seeing how horrible the defense is.

20. Likes:

Thisyear (09-20-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Henderson is incredible. He's probably already the best RB in college football. OSU has of course had good RBs in the past, but Henderson hits the hole with more speed than any OSU RB I've ever seen. It feels like every time there's a crease there's a chance to take it to the house.

Turn Off Ads?