Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Ohio State Football

Re: 2021 Ohio State Football

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The Penn State/Villanova final score is meaningless. They were up 38-3 and called the dogs off completely. I think they are the class of the B1G right now.
    Penn St looked like garbage in the first half. I think It was 13-3 or 17-3 at half. I didn’t watch the second half, but I’m not sure it was a calling the dogs off type game as much as it was window dressing. I think they are good, but calling them the class of the big ten….I dunno.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Penn St looked like garbage in the first half. I think It was 13-3 or 17-3 at half. I didn’t watch the second half, but I’m not sure it was a calling the dogs off type game as much as it was window dressing. I think they are good, but calling them the class of the big ten….I dunno.
    Thus far I have yet to see a great/elite B1G team. There are, imo, quite a few extremely good ones.

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (09-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Thus far I have yet to see a great/elite B1G team. There are, imo, quite a few extremely good ones.
    Yeah, although I think you could say that about all of college football right now. September is always pretty weird for college football, but this one has seemed weirder.

6. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-26-2021),RedTeamGo! (09-26-2021),Revering4Blue (09-26-2021)

Rewatched most of first half. I’m not seeing an argument that Stroud is better than McCord. After that first series McCord made some excellent passes IMHO. I’d roll with McCord against Rutgers and if he plays well he’s my starter moving forward until Ewers overtakes him in 2022.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Yeah, although I think you could say that about all of college football right now. September is always pretty weird for college football, but this one has seemed weirder.
    And that weirdness about college football is why the Bucks still have a good shot at the CFP.

And that weirdness about college football is why the Bucks still have a good shot at the CFP.
    It’s true, but I don’t see it with their deficiencies. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get something crazy like 3 SEC teams and Notre Dame.

Alabama
    Georgia
    Arkansas or Florida
    Notre Dame or Cincinnati

I think this is the year Georgia gets their title.

That Georgia/Arkansas game is going to reveal what those teams are made of. Pencil in the winner for a playoff spot.

Still, I'd expect any one-loss B1G champion will make the playoffs.
    Last edited by paintmered; 09-26-2021 at 12:57 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

It’s true, but I don’t see it with their deficiencies. I wouldn’t be surprised if we get something crazy like 3 SEC teams and Notre Dame.

Alabama
    Georgia
    Arkansas or Florida
    Notre Dame or Cincinnati

I think this is the year Georgia gets their title.
    Oregon?

Oregon?
    I think they are frauds, bet they lose two games nobody sees coming. They beat an OSU team that was in complete disarray with a defense being led by the worst defensive coordinator in college football who got demoted after the game. And they only won by 7, I honesty do not consider it a quality win.

Rewatched most of first half. I’m not seeing an argument that Stroud is better than McCord. After that first series McCord made some excellent passes IMHO. I’d roll with McCord against Rutgers and if he plays well he’s my starter moving forward until Ewers overtakes him in 2022.
    Very much agree with this. I saw an upside to McCord that I don’t see with Stroud. Maybe it’s there and Strouds injury isn’t allowing him to show it…but I see it with McCord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (09-26-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by jwdoc77 View Post
    Very much agree with this. I saw an upside to McCord that I don’t see with Stroud. Maybe it’s there and Strouds injury isn’t allowing him to show it…but I see it with McCord.

Yep, that touch pass to Egbuka was a pass I don’t think Stroud can make.

Quote Originally Posted by jwdoc77 View Post

I like how McCord throws it, but Stroud throws a good ball too.

The game seemed like it was moving pretty fast for McCord even after he settled down a bit. Not sure about his decision making with a team that has a defense. I actually thought Miller looked more composed than McCord, but very small sample and easy situation so not putting much into it. If Stroud has any health doubts I think McCord should be it, but it’s absolutely Stroud if he’s healthy.

I like how McCord throws it, but Stroud throws a good ball too.

The game seemed like it was moving pretty fast for McCord even after he settled down a bit. Not sure about his decision making with a team that has a defense. I actually thought Miller looked more composed than McCord, but very small sample and easy situation so not putting much into it. If Stroud has any health doubts I think McCord should be it, but it’s absolutely Stroud if he’s healthy.
    I mean, McCord complete 10 of 11 after the first series

I mean, McCord complete 10 of 11 after the first series
    Yeah against Akron. It’s not a results based critique, his numbers were fine. It’s what I said in the post. Things seemed to be moving fast and his decision making was just ok. It’s his first game and he’s a true freshman so that’s perfectly reasonable and he would probably get better with time. But if he was playing Minnesota or Oregon he wouldn’t have been 10 of 11.

Stroud hasn’t been perfect here either, but he’s absolutely further along and I’m much more comfortable with him against good teams that play defense assuming he’s healthy.

To me it seems like CJ has gotten worse with each start. Maybe that is the injury, maybe it isnt. The offense doesnt seem to flow with him in there. Absent the first series and then the second to last before the half where McCord took 2 sacks, the offense seemed to move very well with McCord. First TD pass to JSN was a bit off, but it was off in a way JSN could adjust and still make the catch. Seems to me when CJ misses....he misses. McCord had some nice deeper balls that were on target also. You can say its just Akron, but he hit passes that should be hit when they were there. He forced the one pass on the interception...but there was also another similar play where he stepped up and threw it away instead. I dont have all the info on Strouds injury, and maybe it really did effect him and he is still your guy....but another down performance his leash should be short in my opinion.

20. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (09-27-2021)

Turn Off Ads?