Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Ohio State Football

Re: 2021 Ohio State Football

For better or worse, and I say this as today’s game certainly could go either way, this is the first year I feel like it is Ryan Day’s program with Ryan Day’s guys.

I like Day, but OSU has been running on some of Urban Meyer’s inertia. Nothing wrong with that - typical whenever a big time coach leaves a program.

2. Turn Off Ads?

No pass rush.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Ohio state cannot put any pressure at all on this quarterback. Oregon is completely dominating the line of scrimmage.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

OSU needs to start playing more zone. This Qb is not accurate. Absolute insanity to be playing man.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Ohio state cannot put any pressure at all on this quarterback. Oregon is completely dominating the line of scrimmage.
    I think they are afraid of his legs, but it’s inexcusable. This d-line is absolutely loaded with talent. Why doesn’t OSU ever blitz?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I think they are afraid of his legs, but it’s inexcusable. This d-line is absolutely loaded with talent. Why doesn’t OSU ever blitz?
    It's been a recurring theme. Hafley was a great DC. Other than that OSU has been getting out-schemed on defense since that championship team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coombs thinks he’s back at Colerain where he had better athletes and that would win the game.

Don’t understand why the Bucks didn’t take shots at the end zone. Stroud just took what the defense gave him and with little clock, that was it.

Like RTG said, too much man to man.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

"So Fla Red"

Loyalty to mediocre coordinators was Urban's flaw while Saban has been ruthless in attracting top notch DCs and OCs. Day will have to adjust to win some Nati's. That being said the offense has 7 pts at the half...

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Coombs thinks he’s back at Colerain where he had better athletes and that would win the game.

Don’t understand why the Bucks didn’t take shots at the end zone. Stroud just took what the defense gave him and with little clock, that was it.

Like RTG said, too much man to man.
    I feel bad for the players on defense. Coombs is full out hurting their draft stock. This is going to start hurting recruiting.

"So Fla Red"

Stroud had no clue of field position and time on that helter skelter drive before the half

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Stroud had no clue of field position and time on that helter skelter drive before the half
    I mean, it’s 80 yards in 41 seconds with no timeouts, not much you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    For better or worse, and I say this as today’s game certainly could go either way, this is the first year I feel like it is Ryan Day’s program with Ryan Day’s guys.

I like Day, but OSU has been running on some of Urban Meyer’s inertia. Nothing wrong with that - typical whenever a big time coach leaves a program.
    I think this feels like a game from one of Urban's last few years. I'm not too concerned about the offense. It's not surprising that they're starting slow with a freshman QB, and I think they'll be great as the year goes on. But the complete lack of creativity on defense is what we saw with Urban and Schiano. And I'm not sure I see that getting fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it’s a freshman QB, and he has 190 yards and a TD in the first half.

“They get burned again in man coverage”

This is an L. Coombs should be fired after the game.

that was...bad.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Turn Off Ads?